Gallia Academy 08-09

GAHS7462
All Conference

Re: Gallia Academy 08-09

Post by GAHS7462 »

Blue_nd_Gray wrote:
GAHS7462 wrote:Run an Gun Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With ozzie??? haha not likely, more like throw it in and walk it up the floor pass it at least 8 times,stall the last 2 mins of every qtr. Have the home fans booing ?

is this accurate?

Hoosier ball,but,then again they did win the championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Gallia Academy and Oak Hill will engage in a benefit scrimmage at Oak Hill High School on Tuesday, Nov. 25.

First game pits the GAHS Blue Angels against the Oak ladies at 6 p.m., followed by the Oaks and Blue Devils at 8 p.m. in the new OHHS gym.

All proceeds from GAHS earnings will go to the Holzer Center for Cancer Care.

Fans are asked to watch the newspaper for other upcoming scrimmages.

BLUEDEVILFAN6
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEDEVILFAN6 »

I'VE HEARD SEVERAL OF THE PLAYERS ALREADY TALKING ABOUT THE EXCITEMENT OF THIS EVENT. SHOULD BE A GOOD TUNE UP FOR THE DEVILS NOT TO MENTION THE CHALLENGE..

BLUEDEVILFAN6
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEDEVILFAN6 »

I HEARD THE DEVILS WILL HAVE NEW UNIFORMS THIS SEASON, ANY BODY SEEN THEM???

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

I've seen them. They look real snazzy.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Gotta go with the team strengths. Running was/could have been a team strength in years past and wasn't utilized. Remember Bose, he was the slowest guy on the floor for GAHS when he played and yet one of the fastest kids in the league/school, we walked it primarily. NO we can't run Chilli and Zanes off the court but the rest of the league, who knows, never tried. This year's squad may or may not be able to run with anyone but we will probably never know. We aren't going to be that big across the boeard but could be deep at the guard and forward spots and could maybe benefit from running and playing a deep bench with this athletic bunch. Unless of course we have kids not playing b/c of the unadressed coaching situation or injuries like last year. I do agree that this group is a good fit for coach and they will probably do as another poster said and exceed the expectations of most fans. Watch Calvert, Wilson,Cornwell, and Moore this year along with the above mentioned players. Both Mitcheel boys can play! And hopefully ALL of the guys come out to play, I have a feeling that some really good players won't play this year but hope i am wrong!

BLUEDEVILFAN6
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEDEVILFAN6 »

MOST ALL OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED YOUNG MEN WERE AT A MEETING HELD TUES NITE. 30 + KIDS- IF I COUNTED CORRECTLY -(INCLUDING FRESHMEN) .

BENCH WILL BE DEEP AND ANTICIPATE PROBABLY SEEING MORE RUNNING THAN IN THE PAST...!!! ?? THOSE IN ATTENDANCE SEEMED REAL EXCITED.

GO BLUE !!

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

Do they have any players out that didn't play last year? Is anyone not coming out that played last year?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

JCHipwood...What about the unaddressed coaching situation? Explain.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

chip !!! beware 4-ever is getting like jj !!! gong!!!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Gallia Academy’s Blue Devils will have two pre-season scrimmages and a benefit scrimmage prior to its opening game at Rock Hill on Saturday, Dec. 6.

On Nov. 15, the Gallians will scrimmage Alexander at Albany, starting at 10 a.m. On Nov. 25, Gallipolis will battle Oak Hill at Oak Hill in a benefit scrimmage at 8 p.m., and on Nov. 27, the Gallians will host Eastern in a scrimmage from 10-12 in the morning.

Initial drills will begin on Monday, Nov. 10, at 6 p.m.

First game of the season is Saturday, Dec. 6, at Rock Hill, followed by a road game on Dec. 9, at Chesapeake. Both are non-league games.

First home game is on Saturday, Dec. 13 with Athens, also a non-league battle. It will be a tripleheader along with several other games this winter.

BLUEDEVILFAN6
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEDEVILFAN6 »

rat wrote:Do they have any players out that didn't play last year? Is anyone not coming out that played last year?

i am told the jackson kid is playing this year. a couple other kids were not there but i'm told are playing... i was told golden was not playing but am not sure that is correct. i know that's pretty vague but we will know more once practice begins.

BLUEDEVILFAN6
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEDEVILFAN6 »

Jottings wrote:Gallia Academy’s Blue Devils will have two pre-season scrimmages and a benefit scrimmage prior to its opening game at Rock Hill on Saturday, Dec. 6.

On Nov. 15, the Gallians will scrimmage Alexander at Albany, starting at 10 a.m. On Nov. 25, Gallipolis will battle Oak Hill at Oak Hill in a benefit scrimmage at 8 p.m., and on Nov. 27, the Gallians will host Eastern in a scrimmage from 10-12 in the morning.

Initial drills will begin on Monday, Nov. 10, at 6 p.m.

First game of the season is Saturday, Dec. 6, at Rock Hill, followed by a road game on Dec. 9, at Chesapeake. Both are non-league games.

First home game is on Saturday, Dec. 13 with Athens, also a non-league battle. It will be a tripleheader along with several other games this winter.

THERE WILL BE 12 TRIPLE HEADERS THIS YEAR....

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Probably trying to save on travel expenses.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

It will be nice to see coach OZ vs Coach Jordan(Jackson). Two Legends

coachovc
Riding the Bench

Post by coachovc »

Jottings,

The scrimmage at Alexander is freshmen, jv, and varsity.

There is also a freshmen, jv, varsity tripleheader scrimmage at URG on Friday Nov. 21.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

WitnessProtection wrote:Probably trying to save on travel expenses.

will probly take two buses

FoReVeRaDeViL
Waterboy

Post by FoReVeRaDeViL »

I believe that despite the size of these boys this year should prove to be a great one for the devils...Along with returning players from last year several jr's from jv should definately see some playing time on the Varsity ....Allison, Calvert , Eberhard as well as N. Mitchell will prove to step up to the challenge of Varsity.....Allison shows the strength and Eberhard definately showing the ability to see the floor and handle the ball down court under pressure Mitchell definately has the talent but he works well with the others to get the job done.....Go Devils!!!!

blaze275
Freshman Team

Post by blaze275 »

Why do you think a lot of the kids dont play?

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Exactly, blaze has answered the question of the unaddressed coaching situation. No gong necessary. Kids don't play for reasons and the reasons for the most part are consistant. Right or wrong it happens. Last year was a good example of good players not playing. Has happened for years and will continue. Gotta make adjustments to the gameplan anad style according to talent!

Return to “Boys Basketball”