Who are the best rebounders in the Soc1 and Soc2

bystander
Riding the Bench

Re: Who are the best rebounders in the Soc1 and Soc2

Post by bystander »

Montgomery only averaged 2 RPG last year--he's a big guy, lets hope he pulls down a few more this year. He needs to work on getting into position and blocking out.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

bystander wrote:Montgomery only averaged 2 RPG last year--he's a big guy, lets hope he pulls down a few more this year. He needs to work on getting into position and blocking out.

As big as he is he should at least get 7-8 rpgs a game but if he wanted to he could get double digits easy on the boards

southern ohio finest
Waterboy

Post by southern ohio finest »

im tired of hearing about potential
if the wheeler boy can rebound then he should do it and i know kevin is a big body but sometimes the postmen dont rebound as much because they dont get the ball enough
but im not saying that just because the postmen dont get the ball as much as they should doesn't mean they should hurt their team by not trying to rebound

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

i definity agree with that i think he could average 12-14 rebounds per game if he got after them

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

southern ohio finest wrote:im tired of hearing about potential
if the wheeler boy can rebound then he should do it and i know kevin is a big body but sometimes the postmen dont rebound as much because they dont get the ball enough
but im not saying that just because the postmen dont get the ball as much as they should doesn't mean they should hurt their team by not trying to rebound

Potential is a good thing to have, but a terrible thing to waste! If a player could get 10 rpg and doesn't, then that is a waste of talent and potential! I know an easy way for a big man to get the ball in the post-get on the offensive glass...

So, Bryan, Cole, Kevin-do the Eagles a favor and get on the offensive boards and get some easy put backs. You'll score more, and more importantly the team will be better for it.

u_kno_me
Freshman Team

Post by u_kno_me »

well let's see where do I start,
J.D Hale-Oak Hill
Hank Leslie-Northwest
Andy Stegman-Wheelersburg
Alfie Bricker-West
Taylor Fitch-Notre Dame

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

Who is Taylor Fitch? I dont think that ND has a player of 6' so how could someone from there be considered a top rebounder?

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

It dont really matter how tall you are it all comes to hustle and boxing out if you do that you can get rebounds and plenty of them

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

Height has almost everything to do with it.....Sure, if you are a stocky post player at 5'10" or 5"11" and box out well you will get some rebounds.....If you are the same size playing with a guy who is 6'3" and plays the same way, you are obviously not gonig to get as many....

u_kno_me
Freshman Team

Post by u_kno_me »

60ft.6in. wrote:Who is Taylor Fitch? I dont think that ND has a player of 6' so how could someone from there be considered a top rebounder?

I do believe Fitch is like 6'3 or 6'4

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

I seen them play Western last year and I didn't see any one on the floor who would be compare to the height (actually if you say he is maybe 6'4" then he is taller) than Smithson.....He may have been on the bench but I do not remember anyone who was that tall for ND who played.....

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

60ft.6in. wrote:Height has almost everything to do with it.....Sure, if you are a stocky post player at 5'10" or 5"11" and box out well you will get some rebounds.....If you are the same size playing with a guy who is 6'3" and plays the same way, you are obviously not gonig to get as many....

You do got a point but from i have seen all it comes down to is hustle and positioning

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

You do got a point but from i have seen all it comes down to is hustle and positioning

Yor right, it does come down to hustle and positioning. But like I said -If you are the same size (5'10 5"11), playing against the a guy who is 6'3 and the two play the same way (hustle/positioning) then the 6'3 guy is going to get more....Well sure, if you have a 6'3 guy and a 5'10 guy and the 6'3 guy is lazy and doesnt work hard and the 5'10 guy does, then obviously the little man will grab more. I'm just saying if they have the same skill then the taller guy will no doubt get more...

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

no doubt about that

Return to “Boys Basketball”