Fairland vs Chesapeake-----Jan. 6 2012

catch22
Riding the Bench

Re: Fairland vs Chesapeake-----Jan. 6 2012

Post by catch22 »

peake ONLY won by 2 sounds to me that they cant bragg to much. good job Dragons.

OH IO 07
Freshman Team

Post by OH IO 07 »

JV
Fairland 49
Chesapeake  38

End of first:
 Chesapeake 14
Fairland 9

Halftime
Chesapeake 30
Fairland 20

End of third:
Chesapeake 40
Fairland 31

Final 
Chesapeake 52
Fairland 49

buckeyes41
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes41 »

sounds to me that the Dragons almost pulled it out. Peake only won by 3!!! thats a win for the Dragons.IMO Big confidence builder

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Why is the RV Fairland Game not listed?

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

dont care wrote:peake ONLY won by 2 sounds to me that they cant bragg to much. good job Dragons.
52-49 would be 3 i think??

todmc
Waterboy

Post by todmc »

i watched the game and realized chesapeake is no better than fairland. both teams are good. but unless chesapeake imports some talent fairland will own them for at least the next 3 yrs

Borders Rewards

Post by Borders Rewards »

I disagree. Although the dragons played well tonight chesapeake didn't have their best game. Chesapeake is still 20 pts better than fairland. The dragons only chance to win was to out work chesapeake all four quarters because chesapeake is the far more talented team. I give credit to the dragons for hanging around but if chesapeake plays a more solid game than played tonight they are without a doubt 20 pts better. As for fairland owning chesapeake I highly doubt that. Chesapeake has arguably the best coach in the region who can create solid players from average skill. Chesapeake has dominated fairland for the better part of 20 plus years and I don't see it changing.

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Post by FHSstudentsection »

yeah peake might not of had their game. but neither did fairland. our first half was miserable. did salyers score? point guard had 3 fouls n first quarter. foul out in 3rd. not a good first by fhs and bad 2nd by peake made it a close game. they are evenly matched and peake's bench has ZERO depth. so what's that mean for years following

buckingred67
Waterboy

Post by buckingred67 »

It means that they better start recruiting better. :shock:

Turd
Waterboy

Post by Turd »

Wow peake fans are something else... Fairland outworked the panthers and u still say ur 10 PTs better.. It's time to wake up kids fairland is very relevant again... Here is my quick analysis of game..

Wow good game, both teams are good
I don't think either team played real good but the dragons looked better as a whole
1. Campbell. The point guard for dragons made peaked pg look like a 7th grader
2. Someone woke up Salyers in the second half and he destroyed noble and whoever else tried, it reminded me of rocky 4, when drago gets all beat down by rocky. I saw and felt that fear in the panthers tonight, at one point I swear I saw noble look at coach Davis and say " he's not human"
3. Fairland took Chesapeakes swagger
4. Didn't know who the scouts were their to see mcmastera or the Riley kid cause Riley looked like stud shutting down mcmasters

Turd
Waterboy

Post by Turd »

5. If fairlands 2 guard wouldn't have been in foul trouble they win by at least six, that kid can play
6. Speaking of refs, wow I could have sworn I saw them and coach Davis exchanging winks, man they were the peakes best players tonight, they were very poor, I thought fairlands coach was gonna wrestle them to the floor
7. Fairlands student section was great Chesapeakes blew
8. Fisher would have had a field day tonight
9. Fairland wins at home by 10, and fisher has 25 to 50 pts

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

d2dragon wrote:the Peake win against Ironton was outstanding and fairland has not played anyone as good as Ironton! The 8 point loss to Logan Elm w/o McMaster was also nice, but guarantee you 1-6 Wheelrsburg would beat Coal Grove or East Carter. Wheelersburg has a bad loss to PW but has also loss to very good Portsmouth, Lucasville Valley, Waverly, and Jackson. So it realy comes down to your VERY VERY nice win against Ironton doesn't compare to any win Fairland has!
Unless burg has new players or ive watch a different burg team Cg beat them handedly in scrimmage by 15-20 worst burg team I've seen as far as talent

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

I will eat my crow on the 25+ but Chesapeake still won. As for Campbell making Hintz look like a 7th grader.... I doub't it.. Hitnz had 12 points to Nathan Campbells 4. Also at 5'7 Patrick Hintz had some great offensive rebounds and put backs. As for Salyers, Eric Kennedy Guarded him the whole night (not Brandon Noble). And taking Chesapeakes swagger I think you have to beat somebody to do that. As far as the refs go I thought they were awful on both ends and very inconsistent. Also I spoke with alot of Peake fans and none of us have ever seen that crew. And I hope we don't see them again. Peake fans are something else?? You lost by 40 twice last year and blamed the refs and you lose by 3 and who is to blame? I know the refs... It's always the refs for some Fairland folks, some just can't say we got beat. Sure Fairland played great and for the most part did out work the Panthers but that is where the talent came into play overall Chesapeake has more talent imo and winning by 3 it showed. Also turd "7. Fairlands student section was great Chesapeakes blew" how un-classy is that.. Saying high school kids blew? Wow some Fairland fans are something else... Notice I said some... And last time I checked a basketball game was about the 10 players on the floor not the kids in the crowd. Also, where it really matters as I said on the court yea Chesapeake Won! I know THANK YOU OFFICIALS!!! We couldn't have done it without you. Same ole song and dance different year.

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Just My Opinion »

Here we go with the woulda, shoulda, coulda, I can see where the FHS fans are excited because they only lost by three, because when you are use to getting beat by 20+ pts. (more often than not) that would be a moral victory for you, but a win is a win whether it be by 20+ or 3pts. So quit saying that FHS is better than CHS cause you have to beat someone to be better than them. And yes eventually FHS is going to have a good year and beat CHS, but with the amount of kids that goes there they should be doing it on a regular basis, but until then lil ol chesapeake is still the better team.

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Chesapeake 2011-2012 basketball schedule: Currently 7-1
12-6 vs. Huntington St. Joe W
12-9 at Gallia Academy W
12-10 vs. East Carter, KY at Rio Grande, OH W
12-13 at Coal Grove W
12-16 at South Point W
12-17 vs. Logan Elm at Ohio University L
12-30 at Ironton W
1-6 vs. Fairland W
1-10 at River Valley
1-13 vs. Rock Hill
1-14 vs. Russell, KY (Beast of the Southeast tournament)
1-19 vs. ? (St. Joe Invitational)
1-21 vs. ? (St. Joe Invitational)
1-24 vs. Coal Grove
1-27 vs. South Point
2-3 at Fairland
2-4 vs. ? (Huntington Prep Tournament)
2-10 vs. River Valley
2-11 vs. Wellston
2-14 at Rock Hill

Teams competing in the A/AA bracket of St. Joe Invitational this year include Huntington St. Joe, Chesapeake, Fairland, and Winfield.

I can't find who's playing who here but all I can say is poor ole' Huntington St. Joseph.

Winfield is currently 9-1 losing only to Logan, WV 59-56 which beat Chesapeake 77-76 last season.

I'm gonna guess Chesapeake gets Winfield and Fairland gets to entertain Huntington St. Joe again which may or may not result in Chesapeake-Fairland rematch in the championship game.

Whoever plays Winfield better be prepared or they'll leave Huntington with a L.

I actually attended Winfield, Hurricane and Chesapeake High Schools and Winfield's coach Pat McGinnis was my physical education instructor in elementary and middle school. I attended the game Chesapeake played at Winfield about 4 years ago.

Turd
Waterboy

Post by Turd »

I'm laughing out loud, I never blamed the refs, refs don't win or lose games players do, but anyways this is a different year so quit talking bout last year it's over guys move on. Secondly Blow is a term of not as good so nice try. They are good kids who care about there school that's great. Lastly if you know basketball which most people on here don't you saw a fairland team down double digits all night but they took the peakes best shots and just fell short, you know you were nervous guys come on. Let's just wait til next game see what happens.

todmc
Waterboy

Post by todmc »

I love how chesapeake fans say they played poorly. fairland made them play poorly. as far as campbell and hintz goes campbell is a freshman and he handled himself pretty well and is only going to get better and when all seniors are gone i'll take fairlands depth anytime

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

This was a great rivalry game.....Fairland gave Chesapeake everything they wanted and more. There are "if and buts" on boths sides and the refs were awful...on both ends.

But Chesapeake won. If any Fairland fans like "turd" think they are 10 points better than Peake, you are probably going to get two more chances to prove it.

For now...Peake 1, Fairland 0

Go Peake

FlyingBuckeye3
Riding the Bench

Post by FlyingBuckeye3 »

I wasn't able to attend the game but I was told the officiating was poor on both sides. It's a shame good officials can't show up for one of the biggest games between these teams. Also, I don't think Chesapeake played that bad, more that Fairland played that good. Seems to me as though Fairland took Chesapeake out of their element in the second half, limiting Kennedy and McMasters to 4 shot attempts in the second half. I'll give credit where it's due, Chesapeake is a talented team with the ability to score 70+ but don't act like you're just far superior to other teams when they clearly played great defense and took you out of your game.

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Post by FHSstudentsection »

one of my fav parts of the peake team is patrick hintz. he was really all they had in the second and boy can he jump. and i know this isnt student section forum but peake has great fans. we battled trying to be louder all night imo i think we were.and peake fans told me. but my fav part is when a 3 point game ended alot of fhs an chs fans went the middle and talked like it was nothing. i love this rivalry... go green

Return to “Boys Basketball”