12-23 Meigs @ Wahama

fasteach
Varsity

Re: 12-23 Meigs @ Wahama

Post by fasteach »

they see it. it just out in front of the chairs. did you notice that the 1 that don't play, are the tallest kids? i had this conversation years ago with coach. " tall kids do not belong on the court" can't make that up!

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Post by johnny ringo »

coach k,

not sure what you mean by "top dog." if you are thinking i was a coach or principal then you are mistaken. I do not "put down" these kids, i simply state the facts. again, they are not anywhere near the neighborhood of "athletic." that is just a fact. sorry if you see a different picture through your rose colored glasses.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Got a final on this one? Thanks.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

johnny ringo wrote:coach k,

not sure what you mean by "top dog." if you are thinking i was a coach or principal then you are mistaken. I do not "put down" these kids, i simply state the facts. again, they are not anywhere near the neighborhood of "athletic." that is just a fact. sorry if you see a different picture through your rose colored glasses.
You know what I mean by top dog...You don't think these kids that you are saying aren't athletic don't come on this board and read this stuff? I'd say they would be offended by not being considered athletes. I'm just wondering what your definition of athletic is. And I'm not mistaken of who you are.

Wahama-66
Meigs-47

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Wahama 25 13 9 19 66
Meigs 7 9 10 21 47

Wahama (2-3)

Isaac Lee 18
Austin Jordan 18
Tyler Roush 10
Wyatt Zuspan 6
Jacob Ortiz 5
Hunter Oliver 4
Nick Templeton 4
Preston Hudnall 1

Meigs (0-8)

Cody Mattox 11
Jesse Smith 9
Jordan Hutton 9
Dillon Boyer 5
Treay McKinney 5
Jared Williamson 4
Darrell Goff 4

Shooting

Wahama 46%
Meigs 21%

Free Throws

Wahama 19-24
Meigs 7 - 12

Freshman

Meigs 42
Wahama 25

JV

Meigs 54
Wahama 36

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

thx for the stats Hardfowl!

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

Meigs is garbage. They have some athletes but they play selfish and disorganized ball.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

That was a pretty embaressing performance by meigs

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Post by johnny ringo »

coach k,

here is my definition of "athletic." last years meigs team was somewhere around .500 and made it to districts. This year, under the exact same system, they are quite possibly going to go 0-21. i'll say 3 wins would be best case scenario. wanna know what the difference is??????? you lost your "athletes" to graduation! again, im not on here saying these kids stink. just saying they arent anywhere close to what most people would call an athletic team. finally, you can think whatever you want about who i am. it doesnt make much sense for me to argue with someone about my identity.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

They have about 3 athletic boys, the rest are average at best

Super Fresh
Freshman Team

Post by Super Fresh »

Meigs has a lot of length and quickness, but are extremely lazy on defense. The guards would get beat and the Post players wouldn't step in front. They just throw an arm up as the other teams shoot layups. Pathetic Discipline from the coaching staff, could be much better

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

here is my definition of "athletic." last years meigs team was somewhere around .500 and made it to districts. This year, under the exact same system, they are quite possibly going to go 0-21. i'll say 3 wins would be best case scenario. wanna know what the difference is??????? you lost your "athletes" to graduation! again, im not on here saying these kids stink. just saying they arent anywhere close to what most people would call an athletic team. finally, you can think whatever you want about who i am. it doesnt make much sense for me to argue with someone about my identity.
Last year Meigs did make it to Districts and did have some very Athletic kids...However is .500 ball a good thing? Let's not forget who we played to get into the Districts, Nelsonville which was 5-11. We also had a very respected Coach Simpson on the Coaching staff.

We wonder why the boys are struggling this year...How much playing time did the Varsity actually get last year on any level? We have two kids in Dillon Boyer and Jesse Smith that was in the action on Varsity last year. Jordan Hutton, Treay McKinney, Jared Williamson, and Cody Stewart played on the JV. Darrel Goff didn't play last year, Cody Mattox and Dustin Ulbrich was on Varsity in which was bench riders. So our team is lacking Varsity Level playing time...That doesn't mean they aren't athletic.

Meigs needs consistency, leadership and respect for the players and respect right back to the coaches. There is no team leadership and most important team chemistry. Meigs has not started the same 5 starters all season. Put Jesse Smith, Dillon Boyer, Cody Mattox, Treay McKinney and Jordan Hutton as the main five with Jared Williamson or Cody Stewart as the 6th man and Darrel Goff as the 7th man and I bet you will see better results.

It's sad and I hope I am wrong, but it's not looking like we are gonna get 3 wins this season. It's so bad now that fans are leaving at half time, fans are saying they aren't wearing their Meigs clothing anymore. Something has to change. Meigs does have talented athletic kids, they may not be up to your michael jordan caliper, but the talent is there.

And I will see you Monday Johnny Ringo!!!

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Post by johnny ringo »

coach k,

I give up, your right, these kids are studs. with any other coach they would probably win 17 or 18 games and knock off either chesepeake or ironton in the district finals. hopefully the college scouts will see through the poor coaching and sign three or four of these kids based on their talent and basketball ability alone.

PS: when coach ewing resigns after this season, you should apply. with your "championship" resume, Meigs would be crazy to not hire you. I think you could turn that program around immediately with all the talented athletes on the roster.

I'll see you monday buddy, make sure you come and say hello!

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

I give up, your right, these kids are studs. with any other coach they would probably win 17 or 18 games and knock off either chesepeake or ironton in the district finals. hopefully the college scouts will see through the poor coaching and sign three or four of these kids based on their talent and basketball ability alone.

PS: when coach ewing resigns after this season, you should apply. with your "championship" resume, Meigs would be crazy to not hire you. I think you could turn that program around immediately with all the talented athletes on the roster.

I'll see you monday buddy, make sure you come and say hello!
Didn't say they were studs, I said they were athletic.. Eventually your term for Athletic is different from mine...I said that is is part coaching, part kids. That's a two way street and I said they needed to respect each other. I requested to maybe try things different and maybe different results would happen.

And now you are saying something about the championship resume that I have...keep in mind that those championships was because of the talented athletes. Thats why they went on to Jr. High and also won Championships.

And I wouldn't waste a Hello on someone that is as high up as you that discredit kids that come from your Elementary!!!

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

Who won this game?

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I'd like to see some of the boys come to eastern next year

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Post by johnny ringo »

coach k,

Ill tell you what. just to show you there are no hard feelings, bring me one of your championship T-shirts and i will wear it for a week straight. I would especially like one from the year you beat those 5 amish kids from harrisonville in the Langsville invitational tournament! that was awesome!

bring it on monday and I will put it on. have a merry christmas.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Ill tell you what. just to show you there are no hard feelings, bring me one of your championship T-shirts and i will wear it for a week straight. I would especially like one from the year you beat those 5 amish kids from harrisonville in the Langsville invitational tournament! that was awesome!

Are you putting down the Amish Youth from Harrisonville now? And to think that your a parent, feel sorry for all the negativity your child is learning.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Johnny please give us a team for example who is athletic?

Meigs: Jesse Smith should be a match up problem for most teams in this area 6' 5" very versatile.
The point guard good athlete played QB at Meigs.

I think the biggest problem you have is you confuse athletes with Basketball skills and they are not the same thing.
There are tons of 5' 9" Athletes in this area who have no basketball skills because they don't work at it.

I get what your saying about athletes like 6' to 6' 3" guys who can jump shoot and run,but there are very few schools in the area who have those?? Most may have 1 0r 2 raw guys 6' 3" to 6' 5" who don't have good skills because they don't spend time making themselves better. The rest may be anywhere from 5" 9" to 6' depends on how much they work as to how good they are.

Southern is a prime example,these kids are ok athletes about like everyone else has but they have Basketball IQ and they have worked on basketball skills and they have played together that is why they are decent,in 7 and 8th grade they one of the poorer jr high teams in the area. They have skills because they have worked in the weight room and on the court.
Please don't act like everyone is stupid because they don't buy your take on athletes.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Rvbballdude wrote:

Johnny please give us a team for example who is athletic?

Meigs: Jesse Smith should be a match up problem for most teams in this area 6' 5" very versatile.
The point guard good athlete played QB at Meigs.

I think the biggest problem you have is you confuse athletes with Basketball skills and they are not the same thing.
There are tons of 5' 9" Athletes in this area who have no basketball skills because they don't work at it.

I get what your saying about athletes like 6' to 6' 3" guys who can jump shoot and run,but there are very few schools in the area who have those?? Most may have 1 0r 2 raw guys 6' 3" to 6' 5" who don't have good skills because they don't spend time making themselves better. The rest may be anywhere from 5" 9" to 6' depends on how much they work as to how good they are.

Southern is a prime example,these kids are ok athletes about like everyone else has but they have Basketball IQ and they have worked on basketball skills and they have played together that is why they are decent,in 7 and 8th grade they one of the poorer jr high teams in the area. They have skills because they have worked in the weight room and on the court.
Please don't act like everyone is stupid because they don't buy your take on athletes.
You are so right...Meigs used to dominate Southern and Eastern at the biddy league level and even at the Jr. High level. Back then we had Ryan Taylor and Nathan Roberts on our side, but we still faced Roseberry, Martin and Hill. It wasn't against Amish kids like Johnny Ringo says. We faced Saunders from Gallipolis, we faced all South Gallia in which those boys are all starters this year.

So I guess all the talented athletes disappeared from Meigs like Ringo says

Return to “Boys Basketball”