12-23 Meigs @ Wahama

cg 22
JV Team

Re: 12-23 Meigs @ Wahama

Post by cg 22 »

Are you seriously talking about biddy ball? Do you know how many undefeated jr. high football teams Southern has had? Biddy ball and jr. high don't really mean much.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

cg 22 wrote:Are you seriously talking about biddy ball? Do you know how many undefeated jr. high football teams Southern has had? Biddy ball and jr. high don't really mean much.
Yes we are talking about the athletic kids in biddy league and wondering if the kids lost the athleticism somewhere in between, they are the same athletic kids. Are you saying those kids that won those championships in Biddy Ball and Jr. High Football had lost their athletic skills? Or would you say that something went wrong in other areas? Perhaps maybe these kids focused more on basketball or baseball, maybe it;s the high school football coaching or something. Because I do believe these same kids are doing pretty dang good in basketball and baseball. So you tell us what happened to the football program. Those same kids are making bringing a name to Southern in Basketball and Baseball..

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Post by johnny ringo »

cg 22,

you might as well be talking to a brick wall. these people actually believe that beating 4 little schools within a 15 mile radius in the 4th grade, actually means you should have the same success at the varsity level. its mind boggling.

rvbbdude..i agree, those two kids you mentioned are athletic.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

well i disagree. there are athletes on the team. those kids can play. they just have no idea what they're doing. they've got 3 kids who i saw dunk in warm ups. the funny thing is of those, only jesse played. the other thing is they have no idea how to run a help offense. no screens, no pick and rolls just stand outside and guess the coach hasn't scouted jesse. you have kids shooting 3's instead of working the ball inside. on defense, again no one helps no one no one picks up on a screen so the other team shoots lay ups and our kids shoot 3's guess which team will score more?
has nothing to do with athletes, has everything to do with teamwork.

Purple&Yellow Pride
Freshman Team

Post by Purple&Yellow Pride »

Rvbballdude wrote:
Southern is a prime example,these kids are ok athletes about like everyone else has but they have Basketball IQ and they have worked on basketball skills and they have played together that is why they are decent,in 7 and 8th grade they one of the poorer jr high teams in the area. They have skills because they have worked in the weight room and on the court.
Please don't act like everyone is stupid because they don't buy your take on athletes.
Finally someone gets it. At Southern, we don't waste time letting our athletes lift weights or play football. We play the game year round by implementing closed door open gyms. We develop our athletes during their workout period in gym class. Ask Carl Wolfe, he started up most of the stuff that got our program going. Meigs will never win because they dont do what we do in the way we do it and they hire a new coach about every 3 years. They should really consider cancelling the program.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

johnny ringo wrote:cg 22,

you might as well be talking to a brick wall. these people actually believe that beating 4 little schools within a 15 mile radius in the 4th grade, actually means you should have the same success at the varsity level. its mind boggling.

And you just don't get what I'm saying...Where does the talent start? It's starts at the Biddy League level right? Those of us that volunteered as parents did not set our scheduling against those 4 teams from around the area. We played the teams that the high ups put on our schedule. As volunteers we were responsible for buying the kids uniforms, paying to get them in tournaments, we dedicated out time as parents to allow these kids to play a game they love and can use their athleticism.

This year is the first year that Meigs has joined a league to face competition that our kids will be facing at the high school level. And you Johnny Ringo tried everything in your power to stop that. Do you expect to ever have a good basketball program at meigs with the system that you want? You wanted to keep them playing the same 4 or 5 local teams, and even now you want to take away from gearing towards the future, you don't want meigs to have any home games at the middle school, you don't want them practicing at the high school. You want them to play ball in the crappy gyms at the elementary so the elementary can make money. You don't care about the basketball program one bit. You have a foul taste in your mouth because people went above you and you didn't get what you wanted this year. So now you come on here knocking the talent of the athletes.

Maybe those Biddy League Championships and Jr. High Championships don't mean much to you, But those trophies in the displays mean a lot to the boys that you are putting down and it means a lot to the people who provided their time to the meigs county community. I am very proud of the boys that are playing at the varsity level now that I got to coach as a youth. Us coaches at the biddy league level played our role as developing these boys into winners, we don't control how they are developed after they leave our level...Whose shoulders does that fall upon?

Keep in mind that at the youth level we are only given 3 hours of practice time a week, Can you develop a good sturdy program for Meigs in 3 hours a week? NO.

Stop blaming the kids for not having the talent or being athletic. Talent, Skill and athleticism is learned in the early stages of life and you wonder why our program is horrible. Stop blaming the kids and quit criticizing the biddy league level. They played the cards they were dealt.

With all that said, I do think the times are changing because the program is changing, we have branched out in different Leagues than the 4 or 5 teams that was of late, we are playing against teams we will face at the high school level, we are putting the youth together with kids that will play together as a team all the way from youth till high school. The youth that is in 7th grade, 6th grade and 5th grade will be getting Meigs back on the map as a respected basketball program, why because they were focused on as youth and wasn't left to only face the few area teams. They are being focused on for the future of Meigs Basketball. The Varsity kids today weren't that privileged!!!

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

johnny ringo wrote:cg 22,

And just to let you know, the boys at the Varsity level didn't have a 4th grade pleasure, they didn't start till they were in 5th grade. So us Biddy league coaches had two years with them...How many years did Meigs have to develop their talent after they left us?

YoDuh
Riding the Bench

Post by YoDuh »

Coach_K wrote:Talent, Skill and athleticism is learned in the early stages of life and you wonder why our program is horrible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYaki2ZvhSE

More inbred bs from the buddy system boys.
Athleticism (talent) is genetic, not learned.
Skills for the talented and not so talented are facilitated through proper instruction and repetition.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

YoDuh wrote:
Coach_K wrote:Talent, Skill and athleticism is learned in the early stages of life and you wonder why our program is horrible.

Skills for the talented and not so talented are facilitated through proper instruction and repetition.

Go back to the football forums..We don't need your talent to look up definitions from Google and posting here!!!

YoDuh
Riding the Bench

Post by YoDuh »

Coach_K wrote:
YoDuh wrote:

Go back to the football forums..We don't need your talent to look up definitions from Google and posting here!!!
Google is a search engine, not a dictionary.
You could definitely use my grammar talent, maybe I'll "learn" ya :lol:

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Google is a search engine, not a dictionary.
You could definitely use my grammar talent, maybe I'll "learn" ya :lol:[/quote]

If you have something to say about the topic then speak your mind, No need to be SEOP police and correct definitions or grammar. Now go ahead and respond back and get your last insult in, because your a waste of time and won't get a response back from me!!

YoDuh
Riding the Bench

Post by YoDuh »

Coach_K wrote: Go back to the football forums..We don't need your talent to look up definitions from Google and posting here!!!
Off topic.
Coach_K wrote: If you have something to say about the topic then speak your mind, No need to be SEOP police and correct definitions or grammar. Now go ahead and respond back and get your last insult in, because your a waste of time and won't get a response back from me!!
Off topic again.
Coach_K wrote:Us coaches at the biddy league level played our role as developing these boys into winners, we don't control how they are developed after they leave our level...Whose shoulders does that fall upon?
Isn't learning to lose just as important?
If you're not giving them the tools to develop their own talent in the years to come, what exactly are you teaching them?

It doesn't matter who or where they play at these younger levels, it matters only that they play as much as possible with minimal time outs for proper instruction.

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Post by johnny ringo »

keep it up yoduh and he will accuse you of being a principal at the elementary school. he will know EXACTLY who you are! funny stuff! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

YoDuh
Riding the Bench

Post by YoDuh »

johnny ringo wrote:keep it up yoduh and he will accuse you of being a principal at the elementary school. he will know EXACTLY who you are! funny stuff! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I've been accused of worse :lol:

Now that his "part of the problem buddy system clown mentality" is out of the conversation, maybe some sound discussion about a real problem can take place as opposed to verbal diarrhea from an inflated adult ego that is more concerned with the state of the trophy case than teaching kids real life skills. Yeah-yuh!

Pomeroy-Middleport got beat by Mason, no surprise there.

The community pride is so thick you can chew it over yonder in snake eater land.
They take what little they have, coach it up, support it proudly and give it a nudge to go take on the outside world with confidence.
Kids move into the Wahama district to be a part of something special where they will get a fair shot, regardless of their last name or skin color.
Biddy league games sometimes are played with the coaches walking the baselines and the not hung over refs allowing for brief instruction on the court during games-SOLID!

While back across the river...the have's and have-not's get to choose between two police departments, two post offices, two blah blah blahs all of two miles apart.
An identity crisis that permeates the public school system and cripples it.
Kids move out, or drop out of the Meigs district to escape the buddy system's bs.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

johnny ringo wrote:keep it up yoduh and he will accuse you of being a principal at the elementary school. he will know EXACTLY who you are! funny stuff! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I don't think anywhere in my postings I said anything about a principal...what is it that I said makes you think it was directed towards an elementary principal? Did you make it to the Biddy League game last night Ringo??? Hummmmmmmm

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

YoDuh wrote:
I've been accused of worse :lol:

Now that his "part of the problem buddy system clown mentality" is out of the conversation, maybe some sound discussion about a real problem can take place as opposed to verbal diarrhea from an inflated adult ego that is more concerned with the state of the trophy case than teaching kids real life skills. Yeah-yuh!

Pomeroy-Middleport got beat by Mason, no surprise there.

The community pride is so thick you can chew it over yonder in snake eater land.
They take what little they have, coach it up, support it proudly and give it a nudge to go take on the outside world with confidence.
Kids move into the Wahama district to be a part of something special where they will get a fair shot, regardless of their last name or skin color.
Biddy league games sometimes are played with the coaches walking the baselines and the not hung over refs allowing for brief instruction on the court during games-SOLID!

While back across the river...the have's and have-not's get to choose between two police departments, two post offices, two blah blah blahs all of two miles apart.
An identity crisis that permeates the public school system and cripples it.
Kids move out, or drop out of the Meigs district to escape the buddy system's bs.
YoDuh...I actually agree with you, I know past is past, but back in the day kids wanted to come to Meigs from Eastern and Southern. Meigs used to have a huge student section with pep rallies every game day. There was a lot of pride at Meigs. You could walk into the gymnasium and see banners that the students created to show their school spirit. You see none of that anymore. Walk into Southerns gymnasium and you see it. Now at Meigs people are walking out at half-time or before.

People may think I'm on here to just be a smart @ss or to call people out, But I am on here because I do care about the Meigs Program, I bleed Maroon and Gold, I want the Marauders to be successful. Not only do I have 3 boys that proudly wear the maroon and gold, I hope to someday have grandkids to wear maroon and gold. I by all means after the way some things have happened should have already jumped ship and took my other boys somewhere else to play their sports in which I will not discuss of what has happened.

This is a discussion board where we give our opinions, whether it be about where the talent all starts at the biddy league level or not, whether it be about all the politics that go on. My opinions are based on my thoughts and can very well be wrong, but when people come on here and discredits the kids, I take offense to that and will speak my mind and plead my case to take the blame off the kids shoulders. When Johnny Ringo is saying that the kids of meigs does not have any athletes or talent, he isn't only talking about my own child, he is talking about kids that I have been a part of their lives since they were 5 years old and I will continue to stand up for them. I will continue to watch their games and hope they pull off a victory. Because I want to see them succeed. Can I be faulted for wanting success?

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Post by johnny ringo »

coach k,

you have every right to back your school and its players. I admire the fact that you are so deddicated to the school and especially your son. with that said, it still doesnt change the FACT that meigs DOES NOT have a talented group this year. anyone who thinks differently just doesnt know basketball. sorry that you cant see that.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

johnny ringo wrote:coach k,

you have every right to back your school and its players. I admire the fact that you are so deddicated to the school and especially your son. with that said, it still doesnt change the FACT that meigs DOES NOT have a talented group this year. anyone who thinks differently just doesnt know basketball. sorry that you cant see that.
Go sit back behind your desk Ringo and quit singing the same tune!!

YoDuh
Riding the Bench

Post by YoDuh »

johnny ringo wrote: with that said, it still doesnt change the FACT that meigs DOES NOT have a talented group this year. anyone who thinks differently just doesnt know basketball. sorry that you cant see that.
This is beginning to sound like a smoke screen for the current Head Coach. If not, my bad.

Meigs has no shortage of ability, nor will they ever.
Demographics simply are not gonna allow it with all the able bodied rutters & mudders spittin' out babies round these parts.
The truth is the current Varsity Basketball & Football coaches are not interested in skills development.

No summer support ie., open gyms, 3 on 3's, league play, 7 on 7's, passing/kicking camps...in short no nothin', but baseball/softball.

some of my all time favorites
-no basketballs the first hour of an "mandatory open gym"
-no footballs allowed the first week of practice
-no participation in two sports at the same time
-all seniors start, regardless of team improvement
-conditioning the attention span out of the kids before the instruction/technique part of practice begins, all in the name of tradition :lol:

Give it up already, the tradition train is done gone.
A call to the ego's calling the shots is in order, step down, assist in the recruiting of some new coaching talent with some new perspectives who won't play the politics.

The kids deserve better and they are fully aware, period.

Return to “Boys Basketball”