Waterboy

Re: marietta @ belpre....

Post by waggle »

Marietta by 20

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... when is this one scheduled to be played ???

underthemound
Freshman Team

Post by underthemound »

December 28th

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks underthemound ... might need to get down to see my friend Coach Secrest's boyz before I get "put away" for January so to speak ... although there might be too much Orange and Black in the gym - might break out in hives or something as i approach the gym - justsayin'

underthemound
Freshman Team

Post by underthemound »

Belpre has a good young team, but a veteran Marietta will be coming to town. Coach Thornhill will have his hands full with Grosel and Lenington at the guard positions and Nathan Williams hitting the boards. Always great to see a couple Washington County teams get together on the hardwood.

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Post by johnny ringo »

belpre will have a winning record but they wont beat many good teams, if any. marietta by 15 or so.

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

Marietta has a tough game tomorrow at Zanesville Bishop Rosecrans. ZBR is ranked 2nd in D4 and has last years D4 player of the year. I think Marietta has a chance to beat Rosecrans if they play their game and contain Kirkbride and that will give them a big lift coming into this Washington County Battle. I'd say Marietta by at least 15

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Hope everybody's having a good christmas/christmas eve. looking forward to this one on wednesday

ferflog
JV Team

Post by ferflog »

I think #41 (Grosel??) for Marietta is outstanding. One of the best point guards I have seen in a while. Very solid all around.

underthemound
Freshman Team

Post by underthemound »

Tim Grosel is a very good ball player. He might be Belpres biggest problem. I dont think they have anyone who can consistently match up with him. Belpre will also struggle to score. Marietta takes this one and gets some bench players plenty on playing time.

Snowman79
Riding the Bench

Post by Snowman79 »

Marietta definitely can- should win this one, need to get some mo back after the tough loss, plus they have a huge depth advantage over Belpre.
Exciting to watch a new coach take over a program in which he was the pride of just a few years ago

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Snowman79: I don't think they lost any "mo" in the Rosecrans game. The guys are still feeling very confident especially after hanging with a very good Rosecrans team.

underthemound
Freshman Team

Post by underthemound »

Anyone who watched that ZBR team play know Marietta played a very good team. Will be right up there with Warren as far as the best team MHS plays during the regular season. They have the best player I've seen this year( #3). Forget the name.
Good luck to both teams in this one.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Crazy Legs Kirkbride is 3 for ZBR.

Snowman79
Riding the Bench

Post by Snowman79 »

Baseball25, Well I think considering going back to last year, for this years seniors, they have a hard time against quality opponents because honestly they don't play that many nor have much success against them... I feel like that has to hurt something when you continue to lose in those games. Marietta can't be happy with hanging in with these teams if they wanna talk tournament play later on. However I will give them credit for that Dover win but they need that to happen more often.

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

They're dedicated to trying to beat Warren this year and still have a game at Zanesville that would be a HUGE win.

Snowman79
Riding the Bench

Post by Snowman79 »

Hey man I'm rooting for them as much as you.. I just want to keep it realistic, just too many of our fellow Etta fans get excited over lesser quality wins.

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Yeah that's been our downfall that past couple years. We don't get too many wins against top teams. I'm hoping that we can get a few this year and do something in march.

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Good luck Eagles!

Return to “Boys Basketball”