Pike County Holiday Classic

Lightle04
SE

Re: Pike County Holiday Classic

Post by Lightle04 »

Ya I would have heck the jv had practice my younger son plays jv. I'm sure they would have rather been playing .

LIGHTSOUT
Riding the Bench

Post by LIGHTSOUT »

Good Luck Streaks! I wish we would quit talking about players from the past, they have graduated and cannot come back. I say out with the old and in with the new.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

17-9 eastern after 1

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

26-26 at the half

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Floyd are you pleased so far with the game ?

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

45-32 Piketon after 3

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

66-53 Piketon

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

14-8 waverly after 1

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

41-14 waverly at the half

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

62-31 waverly

Flashing Cursor
Freshman Team

Post by Flashing Cursor »

Piketon played poorly tonight and should have lost..

As far as the JVs go all the schools AD's signed their contracts in October for the JV tournament. The info may not have been passed down but they all knew about it...

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

hmmm played poorly won by what 14 and should have lost ok lol

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Piketon played poorly due to Eastern's zone. Pketon stood around and dribbled and never moved the ball. They won due to their length and crashing the offensive boards. I willl say it was the worst officiated game I have ever seen. where in the world did that crew come from? fouls on wrong players? must have called 5 or 6 "flop
charges? TERRIBLE!

Congrats Redstreaks

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Survive and move on......
Piketon vs Waverly :)
This should be a good ol' good one!

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Easy on my Streaks! Always looking ahead to that Championship game. Hard to figure that game out. I thought they played a little flat, the press has been a lot better in recent games. Big game tomorrow night!!!!!!

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

Piketon vs Waverly in championship on the menu for tomorrow night. Piketon-Waverly gms are like The Chef's meatloaf special - it can be served over and over and it's always good. Good luck to all. Go Streaks!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Wkkj has Western winning......this thread eases my disbelief.

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

I commend Coach Robertson for pulling his starters and not running up the score on a very young Western team. Lot of players got good minutes tonight. Something Piketon could not do last season, hope Coach Lisath was taking notes on sportsmenship.
Last edited by onthepitch on Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... interesting game as Eastern came out vs the Piketon press and took it to the Streaks of Coach Lisath breaking the full court pressure with 4 layups in a row to go with some nice interior passing that added couple of more baskets At The Rim for the Eagles ... while the Eastern offense was making short order of the Piketon pressure the EHS 2-3 zone gave up but 3 fgs in the opening quarter ... Eastern Pike 17 Piketon 9 after qtr 1 ... in the second qtr Coach Lisath's squad forced 4 TOs mainly of the "unforced" variety but the PHS pressure looked to be getting a little tighter , while the Streak offense was finding a little flow as Zach Farmer/Craigen Moore led the Streaks back into contention while freshman Wyatt Brewster brought PHS all the way back hitting a three ball as time ran out in the period ... Eastern 26 Piketon 26 at intermission ... Somewhere between the end of the 2nd quarter and the beginning of the 3rd the Red and White found a little more quickness and intensity on the defense ... the pressure forced the Eagles to pick up their offensive pace just enough that the Eagles were now out of synch at both ends of the floor - having difficulty now with the PHS full court press, rushing shots, not doing the things that got them a lead and kept them in the game - they lost their inside game, forgot about their BIG inside - Billy Lykins ... the senior CAN finish around the rim but not when the offense goes South ... PHS outscored EHS 19 -6 in the quarter - game, set and match as the 3rd ended Piketon 45 vs Eastern Pike 32 ... the 4th quarter was a wash as Piketon matched - actually one upping the Eagles point wise 22-21 ... with Eastern scoring from the floor , the Streaks did their damage from the line hitting 19 of 25 FTs in the 4th ... Piketon 67 vs Eastern Pike 53 a final ...

... Pfloyd's Official/UNofficial Napkin Stats - Eastern ...

Scoring : Billy Lykins 17, Aaron Satterfield 12, Tavares Pickett 12, Chad Lands 7, Blake Roberts 7

3 Pointers : 1/14 ... Satterfield 1

FTs : 12/18

TO's : 19

ATR (At The Rim) : 15 baskets <= Great number right there !!!

... Pfloyd's Official/UNofficial Napkin Stats - Piketon ...

Scoring : Craigen Moore 28, Zach Farmer 15, Isaac Brabson 10, Jeremy Farmer 6, Wyatt Brewster 5, Colten Williams 2, Collier/Watkins 1 each ...

3 Pointers : 3/11 ... Moore/Za. Farmer/Brewster 1 each

FTs : 27/37

TOs : 14

ATR (At The Rim) : ONLY 7 baskets ... a concerning number to me ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I left the Western Pike vs Waverly game at half time ... Waverly 41 vs Western Pike 14 ... too much everything for Waverly vs Western - size, pressure - the Tigers forced 22 TOs by Western in the 2 qtrs I watched ... Kretzer had 2 dunks/Corcoran 1 dunk both for Waverly ... Kretzer 21 points at the halfway point in this one ... Western's youngsters had no chance in this one - this season ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”