Warren @ Chillicothe 1/6

classof79_whs
Riding the Bench

Re: Warren @ Chillicothe 1/6

Post by classof79_whs »

el savior wrote: I hope this is a joke? If not, what kind of offers is Winland getting? For being one of the strongest basketball players in the state and hypothetically putting up 40 on London, he's got to be getting some good looks.

Chillicothe by 8.
If you reread my post, you'll notice that I say if they put Malik on French, then Winland will score 40, which was an exaggeration, he won't really score 40, but no one else on Chili can stop him other than Malik.

SE_baseball
Waterboy

Post by SE_baseball »

The only games warren might lose are the away games. You can't beat them at home, they get to many calls. Also they are to good.

OSUsucks
Waterboy

Post by OSUsucks »

The only games Chillicothe might lose are the away games. You can't beat them at home, they get to many calls. Also they are to good.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I understand that Zac Johnson WILL NOT be able to play in this game vs Warren due to a 2 games suspension ( served 1 game tonight vs FU the second game will be the Warren game 1/6) ... is this information correct???

classof79_whs
Riding the Bench

Post by classof79_whs »

pfloyd wrote:... I understand that Zac Johnson WILL NOT be able to play in this game vs Warren due to a 2 games suspension ( served 1 game tonight vs FU the second game will be the Warren game 1/6) ... is this information correct???

Well that completely changes this game. NO DOUBT the Warriors will handle Chili

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... from WBEX Radio out of Chillicothe "The Cavs were playing without their leading offensive player, Zach Johnson, who is serving a two game suspension."

classof79_whs
Riding the Bench

Post by classof79_whs »

pfloyd wrote:... from WBEX Radio out of Chillicothe "The Cavs were playing without their leading offensive player, Zach Johnson, who is serving a two game suspension."

Did they describe how the team functions without him?

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Zach Johnson is and will be out for this game...the stats from last nights game is posted on the Fairfield Union Chillicothe game topic...of course without Zach its gonna be hard to find a kid to step in and average the points Zach does....but on another note other kids have to step up and score with now the "big" man controlling that and Malik played above the rim all night...Kudos for him stepping up!! Warren is good year in,year out...but so is Chillicothe...I don't see Warren handling them at all...it will be a better game than people think...the word I'm looking for here is DEFENSE!!!!! Good luck and safe travels over the road...Go Cavs!!

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Sorry to hear Johnson wont be able to play. Still, Coach K always puts a good team on the floor. I agree defense is key. Hitchbone, always good to read your follow up posts. I know its gonna be a good game. Gonna be a tough fought game from the sound of things. Go Blue !!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

32,16,6....Thanks for the kind words. I first will say there are no fans more passionate about their team than the Warren faithful. Second, I will say, Warren is one of the more disciplined and tough teams in the area, year in and year out. That has to be attributed to the kids, the cosching staff, and the development of talent in the area.

As for the game, Chilly needs London and Bixler at 100%. As well as London played last night, he is still at about 80%. The one week off will help. I see this being at slugfest in terms of defensive punches to the gut. Neither team will give up anything easy. I can see the score in the mid 40's easily. Also, I think the pace of of the game will be key. I look forward to seeing the Warren Nation role into Ross County next Friday.

GO CAVS! ONE HEARTBEAT!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... obviously NOT having 18 ppg in the lineup will be a blow to the Chillicothe offense HOWEVER!!! what this will undoubtedly do is make sure that Malik London gets his hands on the ball EVERY trip down the floor on offense for the Cavs hmmmmm Malik "averages" almost a Triple Double for the season!!! not a bad backup, backboard whatever you want to call it LOL ... throw in the Defense that Coach Kellough's boyz will bring in this one ... AT the Hat ... it will be a great game ...Best of luck to both of these fine SEOAL squads ...

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Pfloyd has "napkin" stats. Chilli has the Hat. Warren has "the hair cut". The secret weapon is outta the bag now. Guess we will just have to see what the ouija board has in store. Pfloyd thanks for all you do.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Warren will make it very difficult for Chilly to get the ball to London.

Once London gets it he wins.

Chilly will have to play their best game to win IMO.

Neither team winning will surprise me.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Without Johnson in the lineup I will take Warren by 8.

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

Hitchbone64; I will be there, and hope to talk with you before the game. Its been a long time since we last got together at the Convo. You can bet the "HAT" the Warren Nation will be there as they do travel well. This game will be like last years, tough to get open shots and physical. Gut check time for both teams.
Together the Warriors WIN!!!!!

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

The first thing I would like to say about this game: please be careful with your words and actions when dealing with young people. The rhetoric in years past has produced some tense moments amongst the participants of the contest in order to live up to the nonsense the nonpaticipants have created. It is high school sports! These boys will create their high school memories from these experiences. We nonparticipants must keep in mind what we say about high school kids, and high school competition when we spout of on these web blogs.

The game: Look, taking Johnson off the floor gives Warren the best chance they may have to win in Hatton Memorial Gymnasium. Chilly still has some very productive players, but this gives Warren a legitimate chance to win on the road. My personal observation of the Chilly team has been who limits the turnovers. Malik will have twenty-plus points and twelve-plus rebounds, but where will the rest of the scoring come from? I will say one thing, if Chilly really wanted Jones or Elliot to touch the ball more during the football season, they would have been one and nine. Those two make horrible decisions with the ball in their hands. I will make the trip south to see this one just to see if Warren is as good as their, sometimes with poisonist tongues, fans say they are. Remember, they are high school boys!LET'S GO CAVS!! LET'S GO CAVS!!! LET'S GO CAVS!!!! :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Warren would have had a great chance to win this game with Johnson in the game.
Now just on paper---Warren over Portsmouth---Portsmouth over Chillicothe

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

classof79-whs; Try again on the graduation year!!!! But yes I am a Warren grad.,and a faithful Warrior fan. I have not missed many games home or away in years. I will also post on here IMO how it is good or bad without bashing players or the coaches. You can take that to the BANK!
Want to try again?

slimgarrett
Waterboy

Post by slimgarrett »

With or without Johnson this is going to be a slugfest. Warriors need to keep to the task at hand. Hopefully they will keep it all together and not get too cocky like in the past. This has been their downfall in late yrs. Having a decent record or be doing really well and then blow it cause they think they are "unbeatable". They will need to play 32 mins of every game to win. No doubt Warrior Nation will have a very good run the next few yrs. We have some really tough games coming up and I think the haircuts are nice, but maybe if they would've been working in the gym and not in a garage they would'nt have had over 15 turnovers Friday night. That is not going to cut it up against a Chilli team (with or without Johnson.) Good Luck Warriors and safe travels to everyone!

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

We certainly had the turnovers. I know the boys wernt happy with em either. We could have had a few more rebounds too. I guess its good we had alot of assists and a few more buckets than they did. I guess the key to the hair cuts is this. They were TOGETHER. Just like they always are. These guys like being around each other. You cant coach that. I'm enjoying the laughter and having them around. They are more than just basketball.

Return to “Boys Basketball”