SHL JV Teams

shlfanatic
Waterboy

SHL JV Teams

Post by shlfanatic »

They get no respect and deserve even less but anyone know who the top teams are this year? I hear west union is doing well, leesburg always plays well and peebles should be good. Just wannting records and top players.

airforcejm
Varsity

Re: SHL JV Teams

Post by airforcejm »

I think Manchester's JV record is 3-3 overall and 2-2 in the SHL. I couldn't tell you any official stats on them though.

love_the_game
Waterboy

Post by love_the_game »

Not sure what you mean by "they get no respect and deserve even less". I think they deserve a lot of respect. So many times the JV players are looked upon as the "lesser" players of the program and that is not always true. There are lots of circumstances as to why a player may be on the JV team and if that player works hard and plays even harder they definitely deserve respect as well as our support!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Lynchburg and West Union have the best JV teams in league that I have seen so far. Peebles has potential, and could have beat both the other teams mentioned, but they are still a work in progress at this point.

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

Fairfield easily has the best JV..

Tribe you need to get out of Adams county some time.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

cobbtown wrote:Fairfield easily has the best JV..

Tribe you need to get out of Adams county some time.
I watch more games around SEO than most of the SHL posters on this site. I've had no reason to watch any of Fairfield's games, excluding the preview. That is why I put "best ive seen in league so far" which pretty much just includes the teams that Peebles has played to this point which is Lynchburg, West Union, and Manchester. I think on a really good day Peebles could beat all three of them but Lynchburg and West Union both have pretty good JV squads. Besides, im not sure how it is even possible 4-6 games in when you havent seen every team play to say someone is easily the best in the league. What does their roster look like? Im assuming their not all freshmen.

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

Just messing with you tribe!!!!!!!!!!!! You obviously love the game.

But I'm willing to put my knowledge of the current SHL teams against anyone.

Fairfield starts 5 soph's. If they stay healthy and remain on the JV squad I predict a clean sweep in the SHL.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

TribeManiac10 wrote:Lynchburg and West Union have the best JV teams in league that I have seen so far. Peebles has potential, and could have beat both the other teams mentioned, but they are still a work in progress at this point.
Whiteoak JV beat Lynchburg and West Union.
However they did get beat by Fairfield last night.

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

North Adams JV has had a nice start to the season as well. The are 5-1 on the season (Victories over Whiteoak, P Valley, Fayetteville, Manchester, and Eastern). Their lone loss is to W Union. Coach Meade is doing an excellent job of bringing together a soild group of players who are improving to ready to help at the varsity level.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

theuglytruth wrote:
TribeManiac10 wrote:Lynchburg and West Union have the best JV teams in league that I have seen so far. Peebles has potential, and could have beat both the other teams mentioned, but they are still a work in progress at this point.
Whiteoak JV beat Lynchburg and West Union.
However they did get beat by Fairfield last night.
Does Fairfield have a lot of height in the post?

follower
Waterboy

Post by follower »

Just a quick note about WU JV. Their roster consists of all freshmen. They have one sophomore and one junior who rarely see the floor. They are a good team considering the youth of the team.

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

Fairfield's Post players
Bates 6' 3"
Wilson 6' 2"
Sims 6'2"

shlfanatic
Waterboy

Post by shlfanatic »

I have seen WU play and they seem like a solid team, probably give their varsity a run for the money. North Adams always play juniors down so I. Can't wait to see them. The no repect line was said tongue in cheek not trying to offend anyone

The Rock
Waterboy

Post by The Rock »

Ithink NA has a solid JV team, but I would agree with Cobbtown on this one. I'll say this whether it's 1 game in or 15 in, I don't think anyone who has watched SHL teams over the past few years could have missed Leesburgs JV team.

NormanDale
Freshman Team

Post by NormanDale »

Where is the Adams County JV holiday Tournament at this year?

davewottle
JV Team

Post by davewottle »

most programs don't really care about JV. If you have the talent you play varsity.

Depth is a problem trying to be quality at 9th, JV and Varsity. Coaches that are keen put 9th& 10th graders with talent on varsity to prepare for the future.

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

NormanDale wrote:Where is the Adams County JV holiday Tournament at this year?
West Union HS, Tuesday and Wednesday

The Rock
Waterboy

Post by The Rock »

Topster, I think they should all be proud of their respective teams. Keep us updated on the other 2 sports!

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

How's Lynchburg's JV?

Fairfield & NA appear to be the league leaders.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

cobbtown wrote:How's Lynchburg's JV?

Fairfield & NA appear to be the league leaders.
Lynchburg's JV is pretty good. They beat Peebles tonight by 3. They have height and a good group of gaurds.

Return to “Boys Basketball”