Eastern @ Southern

classof86
All State

Re: Eastern @ Southern

Post by classof86 »

Game is about a month away, lets get some serious predictions....With the game being at Southern this could very easily go Southerns way, Im saying Eastern by 10 because if its any closer then Southern will win

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Will Eastern break the 8 year drought and compete for the league this year? With all the talent I keep reading they have, I would think they will. But we have been fooled by that before. :122245

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Howie will have his Eagles ready for every team coming their way

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Well he hasn't won the TVC for about 8 years with ANY team. I know, I know he didn't care about the league during those years. Well he started out caring, until he didn't win it, then he didn't care and all along was only focusing on the tournament. Isn't that what you people say every year? (Before the season gonna dominate the TVC. Then when they don't, no one cares about the league, only the tournament). Seems like I have seen that same scenario come to life for the last 8 years down there in fantasy land. :122245

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

I know, Eastern will dominate the TVC again after an 8 year hiatus. That is until they don't. Then they will dominate the tournament, cause everyone knows Eastern doesn't care about the TVC. :122245

grizzlyman
Waterboy

Post by grizzlyman »

I smell bad
I know, Eastern will dominate the TVC again after an 8 year hiatus. That is until they don't. Then they will dominate the tournament, cause everyone knows Eastern doesn't care about the TVC.

No Eastern has not dominated in the TVC but they have had some really good teams that have gone far into the tournament.

3 trips to the barn in the 2000's & 1 trip to the State Tournament so to say Caldwell has not his teams ready is a lie!

Winning the TVC is nice, but going deep in the tourney says more about a team, I think. Remember the Eastern Eagles in 2004-2005 lost to the State Champs Africentric who had their title stripped from them. I also believe they had the lead @ halftime. The only team who did this the entire tounament.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Well noted grizzlyman. My questions are about why Eastern people get on here and say every year that HOWIE will dominate the TVC. Then when he doesn't, they change their story. Myself, I think a TVC championship is very important. It really shows that a coach can get his team up consistantly each and every game, or for most of the games, throughout an entire regular season. That same team may have one slip up in the tournament and be out. Also, you write that Eastern has long tournament runs, while others in the TVC do not. So one could argue that maybe Eastern had better players, or a better team than the others, but couldn't beat them during the season. So who would we credit those losses to? The players, or the coach?

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Howie has a group of kids down there that really believe they can win this year, the past few years havent been good bc the kids didnt believe in themselves but go down to conditioning this year and watch the kids work, it's basketball thirty at the nest

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

I am glad someone else brought that up about the wins. I was told by a local person that Southern Racine high school was fouded in 1958. If that is true, they would have had to average over 24 wins per season to have 1235 now. Have they won that many games every year?

Cobra
Riding the Bench

Post by Cobra »

I am not real familiar with Southern but my question is did the school opening in 1958 allow more kids to go there. I mean did the district get bigger along with the new building? Or did they just get a new school and renamed it, basicly taking out the Racine?

OldBlue
Freshman Team

Post by OldBlue »

Same school just changed the names.

KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

OldBlue wrote:Same school just changed the names.

Sorry, you are wrong. When Southern formed they added the kids from Syracuse who formerly would have attended Pomeroy HS. Therefore, the wins at the old Racine HS shouldnt be counted......

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

Wow 1235 wins is great. That shows the great tradition Southern basketball has had over the years. Jealous people getting on here making excuses for why they have so many wins makes me laugh.The mommy,who claims to have played for Archbold really makes me laugh.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Someone from Trimble told me that the White Russian will break both of these teams :?: Wassup with that :?:

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

KC Java wrote:
OldBlue wrote:Same school just changed the names.

Sorry, you are wrong. When Southern formed they added the kids from Syracuse who formerly would have attended Pomeroy HS. Therefore, the wins at the old Racine HS shouldnt be counted......

I thought Southern was formed in 1961?

Michelangelo
Waterboy

Post by Michelangelo »

You got the last name right "Caldwell" but the first name is Jeff. Jeff Caldwell is the best coach in the TVC. Howie is a good coach but his nephew is better in the present time period.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Howie Caldwell is an amazing coach, I think comparing him and his nephew Jeff is somewhat unfair. Jeff has showed signs of the promise Howie has already accomplished. Give Jeff time and I feel that he will prove to be just as great of a coach as Howie.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Glouster-Trimble has 3816 wins. Many more than Southern. Of course, some of those are from Glouster high school, and some from Jacksonville-Trimble high school, all of those before consolidation. But as you Southern people pointed out, they all count. :122245

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

trimble has the best coach in the t.v.c.

Return to “Boys Basketball”