Eastern @ Southern

g w mclintock
All State

Re: Eastern @ Southern

Post by g w mclintock »

KC Java wrote:I did some googling myself about the great sport of roundball. Here is what I have learned. Trimble has 762 wins in its history. JT had 355 and glouster had 343. that gives the Trimble a grand total of 1,460 wins. If we are gonna count all the wins then Trimble is way ahead of Southern. Also, I found a website that described how James Naismith was on vacation in Redtown visiting his family (the Holbert family) and actually stole the idea for basketball from them. The kids in the glouster atea had been playing basketball since 1871 on an intramural level. I wonder if we should count those wins too.

Interesting points. Perhaps you could provide us with these links. I would like to check out some of the other old schools' records before consolidation. Thanks in advance...

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Little Italy never had a school. But Greens Run, Hollister, and Jacksonville did. :122245 GW hates when he gets shown up. Guess it is back to those insects. :mrgreen:

Catch One
Freshman Team

Post by Catch One »

GW, How about giving them this web site (www.Hooked on phonics. com)

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

catch one, if you want to debate fonics, spellin, grammor, or any ting else akademik that aint got nuthin to do wit basketball I will oblije. :122245

I smell good
JV Team

Post by I smell good »

I wish I had the life of smell bad just talking crap all day long on the computer.

Good times :oops:

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

I smell bad wrote:Little Italy never had a school. But Greens Run, Hollister, and Jacksonville did. :122245 GW hates when he gets shown up. Guess it is back to those insects. :mrgreen:

I'm confused. What exactly did you show me up on? Trimble Township Geography? Of course Jacksonville did, where do you think those JT wins came from? At least when the crickets speak, we hear truth...

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Just messin with you GW. :mrgreen:

But I am in the process of petitioning the OHSAA to allow all those intramural games to count toward actual wins. :-D So then if we add up Hollister, Greens Run, Jacksonville, JT, Glouster, and Trimble with all those intramural wins we should break the 4000 milestone. :mrgreen:

smell good, I wish I had your nerve to lie about how I smell. :122245

Good times to you too :oops:

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

Java the truth is not in you. Go look in some old Racine High School year books before 1958. You will see all kind of people that lived in Syracuse and Minersville that graduated from Racine. You and smell just make stuff up. Nobody believes anything you say. show us the facts. Not your dreams. Java next time your at the convo look in the back of your program and you will see Southern ahead of Eastern again. Smell maybe you count biddy ball and jr. high too.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

Hey KC Java did you go to school at Archbold too?

KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

cg 22 wrote:Hey KC Java did you go to school at Archbold too?

Canton McKinley - class of 1984. Dont want to talk about it as I dont prefer to live on old exploits either.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

How about we get back to the game

Calvin1
Waterboy

Post by Calvin1 »

You guys are a bunch of silly gooses. You bunch of crazy old guys talking about wins and no one even really knows who has how many. I think we need to let it go and talk about the game. I'm pretty sure this isn't a Trimble thread so we need to stop talking about a team that doesn't matter on this thread.

Should be a great game!
Good luck to both teams
Can't wait till December 5th to watch a great rivialry!!

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Thank you Calvin, thank you. One thing I have noticed about these Southern people though. They get upset when anyone questions them, or doesn't buy into or believe everything they say. But then when they ask a question and get an answer they don't like they accuse others of lying, and making things up. I think paranoia is built in to the culture in Racine. :122245 I just hope we can get those old guys to stop talking about their glory days, and focus on now. This year this could be a great match up between two excellent coaches on opposite ends of their respective careers. It will also be a great match up of talented players.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

Binary wrote:Thank you Calvin, thank you. One thing I have noticed about these Southern people though. They get upset when anyone questions them, or doesn't buy into or believe everything they say. But then when they ask a question and get an answer they don't like they accuse others of lying, and making things up. I think paranoia is built in to the culture in Racine. :122245 I just hope we can get those old guys to stop talking about their glory days, and focus on now. This year this could be a great match up between two excellent coaches on opposite ends of their respective careers. It will also be a great match up of talented players.

Wow! The legend from Archbold is back. Who relocated to Meigs County for employment and posting on the Southern thread. I heard the late tomato picking season was over at Reedsville,so you should have more time to post.One thing I have noticed about Southern people.They might have been born at night, but it was not last night. They also know the difference in fact and fiction. Good luck to the Tornadoes on Dec 5.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Why would anyone move there? :122249 Thank you for proving my point though. You criticize people who you formulate in your own mind have moved to your area, then jump all over anyone who criticizes your school or community. With the local crop being tomatoes and, well I will leave that alone, I would think you would celebrate when anyone who actually works moves to your area. Even if it is a fabrication of your own. Just remember, some of us do actually work, and have more on our agendas than reliving an almost championship from 30 years prior. But live on in your fantasy. By the way are you one of the legends from the almost team? One that young children use to emulate on the playground? I can see you now, with that nerf ball in your hand, making that jumper that Wolfe made in 1982. :mrgreen:

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

It must suck to have no history at your school, and to have to keep on bashing others....ha...makes me laugh!!

middlechild
Freshman Team

Post by middlechild »

tornado frenzy - u talk alot of crap. how about giving us your name so we can see the real u. im sure that all of the boys that u talk about on here would like to know who u are. :-D

U know?
Riding the Bench

Post by U know? »

I'll go with Southern on this one.

Return to “Boys Basketball”