Freshman Team

Fairland 08-09

Post by highlightreel25 »

Pretty balanced ovc this year

earp
S

Re: Fairland BBall 08-09

Post by earp »

I don't know but we have to do something about getting students to attend games!There is never a student body there unless we play South Point or Peake! :aaaaa26

U know?
Riding the Bench

Re: Fairland BBall 08-09

Post by U know? »

Good luck this season Fairland!

earp
S

Re: Fairland 08-09

Post by earp »

highlightreel25
Freshman Team

This is gonna be a tough season for the dragons. They lost Lamb and Bumgardener. But Im not giving up on them and neither should anyone else. They have had depth forever and that whole senior class is very talented and dedicated. They have nut at the point which can go coast to coast and draw the foul, got my boy problem child runnin every which way makin guys look stupid then draining it in their face, jimmy chipwood drainin the three ball, ethan long gettin his 10 to 15 a night and i think berry bein physical down in the post will make this veteran dragon team a force to be reckoned with. Dragons in my opinion will win the OVC...not gonna be easy but they will pull it off!!!!!!!

Go Dragons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kersey25

balla4life
Riding the Bench

Post by balla4life »

kerse ethan isnt playin this year

highlightreel25
Freshman Team

Well in that case salyers needs to step up and take control down low

balla4life
Riding the Bench

Post by balla4life »

lol will do

repairman
Waterboy

Post by repairman »

I HOPE THE NEWS WE ARE HEARING ABOUT FAIRLAND BASKETBALL IS JUST A RUMOR. WITH THE ABSENCE OF LAMB AND BUMGARDNER FAIRLAND BASKETBALL IS GOING TO BE STARTING OFF MISSING THE AVERAGE POINT SCORE PER GAME OF 20 -30 POINTS FROM THESE TWO PLAYERS.

NOW WE HEAR THAT THE NEW FAIRLAND HEAD BASKETBALL COACH IS THINKING ABOUT HAVING A STARTING FIVE MADE UP OF 3 SENIORS, 1 JUNIOR AND 1 SOPHMORE. NOT TO TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM THE JUNIOR OR SOPHMORE ON THE TEAM, BECAUSE BOTH OF THESE BOYS ARE GOOD BASKETBALL PLAYERS.

IF THIS HAPPENS, THEN JORDAN AND WARD ARE ON THE BENCH. I'M SURE MOST TEAMS WE WILL BE PLAYING WILL BE VERY GLAD TO HEAR THIS, SINCE JORDAN IS ONE OF THE BEST BALL HANDLERS ON THE TEAM AND ALWAYS SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO DRAW EASY FOULS AGAINST THE OPPOSING TEAM. THEN THERE IS WARD;
WHEN YOU ARE STARTING OFF 20 - 30 POINTS DOWN RIGHT OFF THE BAT, WHY WOULD YOU NOT BE STARTING THE "BEST" SHOOTER FAIRLAND HAS. WARD CAN STEP UP AND DRAIN THE EASY THREE.

I HOPE IF THIS RUMOR IS TRUE, THAT THE NEW HEAD BASKETBALL COACH FOR FAIRLAND GIVES THIS SOME SERIOUS THOUGHT. LET'S SEE FAIRLAND BASKETBALL CARRY OWN THEIR WINNING TRADITION, LED BY A GROUP OF SENIORS.

GOOD LUCK DRAGONS - HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT SEASON.

earp
S

Post by earp »

HUH???I am a bit confused by that last post! :?:But hey lets let these guys play a game first okay! ;-)

repairman
Waterboy

Post by repairman »

First scrimmage November 18th. I guess we will see then.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Anybody have the 2008 OVC preview schedule? When is it scheduled and where?

repairman
Waterboy

Post by repairman »

Fairland scrimmages Gallia Academy tonight @ 6:00 @ Rio Grande University.

Good luck Dragons!

earp
S

Post by earp »

Results anyone???

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

See results on another post. Fairland was 4-3, WCH 4-4 and GAHS 2-5 during the 90 minute (10 quarters each) scrimmage.

None of the above teams had a lot of size, but Fairland is cat-quick and the Dragons play a tough man-toman defense. Guards are quick and go to the hoop 90 miles an hour (or it seemed like it). The Dragons look like they will go eight or nine deep this year.

Gallipolis lost several close quarters in the final seconds of play, but I thought the Devils played an aggressive in your face defense. Didn't do too bad on the boards. Passing attack was much improved over last year.Gallipolis should go eight or nine deep this year.

Court House will win its share of games this winter with its quickness and defense. Blue Lions should go seven or eight deep under veteran coach Gary Shaffer this winter.

Return to “Boys Basketball”