Chesapeake v/s Logan Elm at the convo.--------12/17/11 7.30

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Re: Chesapeake v/s Logan Elm at the convo.--------12/17/11 7

Post by BUCKEYES »

Well after reading all the posts and opinions on here I thought maybe I would throw out of my own. I have watched all of Logan Elm games this year and must say that is the sloppiest I have seen them play on offense and the best they have played on defense, they are a team that should improve over the course of the year with all the youth on the team. I have only seen Peake play against LE, and they did not have their star player playing with that said I was very impressed with their defense, pressured the ball very well. They appeared to be a team that probably scores most of their points on break out fast breaks, LE did not allow that to happen. As far as them averaging 80+ a game, they must not have played any high caliber teams, because star or no star available he wasn't putting up 40+ on LE. My final conclusion LE won the game and we will never know if Peake's star player plays the outcome would be different or not, Peake should go far in the tourney, good luck to them.

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

BUCKEYES wrote:Interesting, on this site I have seen many post stating that "Peake is not a one man show", yet here we go with the would have won comments if our best player was here. Let me guess they would have scored their 80 point average as well.
Chesapeake Lost Colin Kennedy and Nathan Copley to graduation.

While they aren't a one man show considering they still almost knocked off what looks to be one of the top teams in the area, McMaster being out is a huge void.

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Ok, I was pretending I knew what I was talking about.

Logan Elm being in Circleville is kinda out of the area too. :mrgreen:

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

was looking forward to this game and wasnt let down. i didnt have a dog in the hunt so to speak, just wanted to see two great teams play. chesapeake had no answer for the LE defense which was simply awesome playing the 2-3/3-2 zone as well as anybody and taking numerous charges. First half was pretty even, third quarter LE opens up to double digits. the game really wasnt as close as the final score would indicate as LE played stall ball for the final 5 minutes which as usual, lets a team back in the game. That being said, both teams were well coached and both should have fine seasons.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

All Mcmaster would have had to do is score 10pts for the win! So im gonna say if he only would have scored 10 and everybody else chipped in the way they did that is not a one man show! Plus his size and quickness would have done wonders on D!

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

Chesapeake wrote:
BUCKEYES wrote:Interesting, on this site I have seen many post stating that "Peake is not a one man show", yet here we go with the would have won comments if our best player was here. Let me guess they would have scored their 80 point average as well.
Chesapeake Lost Colin Kennedy and Nathan Copley to graduation.

While they aren't a one man show considering they still almost knocked off what looks to be one of the top teams in the area, McMaster being out is a huge void.
LE lost 3 starters from last year, start 2 sophmores and play a third this year.

ChessyFan09
Freshman Team

Post by ChessyFan09 »

Chesapeake is definitely not a one man show. But think of it this way ----A finely tuned race car is no longer that if one cylinder is misfiring.A team is the component of its parts .

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

LE has had some great offensive weapons in the past 6 or so years from 3 point sniper Tyler Evans and Kyle Jones in 2004, Evan Blake and Kyle Reichelderfer in 2005, the final four team my senior year with Tim (as Lou said it "The Torch") Congrove and Brandan Amann, then Evan's brother Adam Blake, the 2010 SE district player of the year. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

But even in seasons when offense didn't click, Logan Elm has always been competative because they have always played good was defense. If you want further proof, Coach Stiverson is unhappy when a team scores more than 50 points on us.

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

I think Logan Elm has a legit shot at Columbus.

Return to “Boys Basketball”