Final: @ Warren 61 Portsmouth 56

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Re: Portsmouth @ Warren, 12/16

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

Warren coming out flat. Portsmouth going to work.

independent2012
Freshman Team

Post by independent2012 »

Score

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Warren getting favorable refereeing. Surprise surprise

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Yepp, refs gonna give this one to warren. Just let a player make the call for them.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Warren 61
P-town 56

Congrats Warriors!

slimgarrett
Waterboy

Post by slimgarrett »

Obviously you guys weren't watching the same games I was. Portsmouth was all over Warren, many over the backs that were not called. The JV game was a free for all. Good excuse as to why Portsmouth lost, but Warren just outplayed them at the end. Thought the Warriors were gonna lose it in the third quarter, but they got it back together. :12223

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Both teams played a great game. Hats off to a very quick, and determined Portsmouth Team. Evans made just about everything he threw in the air. Mckinley had a really nice dunk in the first quarter. In the end the Warriors played their style of basketball, and it payed off. Warrior defense, playing your role, and determination... thats what won this one.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Big win for Warren. The SEOAL is a 3 team race. Gotta hold suit at home.

Rematch at Portsmouth will be quite the battle!

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

ohiobaseball25 wrote:Warren getting favorable refereeing. Surprise surprise
The game I saw had Warren with more fouls than Portsmouth the entire game. Portsmouth got a lot of fouls at the end, but they were committing them like teams always do when they are behind at the end.

slimgarrett
Waterboy

Post by slimgarrett »

Schnellfritz wrote:
The game I saw had Warren with more fouls than Portsmouth the entire game. Portsmouth got a lot of fouls at the end, but they were committing them like teams always do when they are behind at the end.
I think you were watching the same game I was, Portsmouth is a good team, they just got outplayed tonight.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Ironman92 wrote:Big win for Warren. The SEOAL is a 3 team race. Gotta hold suit at home.

Rematch at Portsmouth will be quite the battle!

I agree. It doesnt matter where you play the game, its always a battle!! I kinda like the rivalry. I appreciate the sportsmanship on both sides.

Hope2BCoach
Waterboy

Post by Hope2BCoach »

Portsmouth will Win this match up when they play at home. I think that Evans needs to become more dominant and not pass as much as he did tonight. Dion just needs to become more of a presence in the half court offense and they will be a much better team.

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Schnellfritz wrote:
Referees do not just call fouls. Warren was walking all over the court. And that intentional foul call was awful. It may have been the correct call but the referee was not going to call it until Hastie called it himself.

jottings
SEOPS H

Re: Final: @ Warren 61 Portsmouth 56

Post by jottings »

Need JV and freshman scores for standings. Thanks.

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

Great game at Warren tonight!! Not just because Warren won but two teams that went at it toe to toe for 32 minutes. The call at the end of the game, I did not see from were I was. If it was a bad call, it was the only thing bad that came out of this game.
The DEFENSE by both teams was outstanding. Nothing easy, pressure every trip down the floor. Physical, you bet!! Talking to Trojandave and bigdog before the game, good to see you two again, we said the defense would be the name of the game. First team to 20 might win.
Evans put on a shooting show the 1st half. What a 1st step and smooth shot. Very nice player, got to like his game!!
The Warriors were down 14 in the 2nd half but like last year at Portsmouth the comeback was on in the 4th quarter. Warren outscored the Trojans 29 to 16. Hastie was on fire. Two big 3s and some clutch foul shooting sealed the game.
Good call bad call this was a great high school basketball contest by to really good teams. The rematch will be another Dandy.
Warren Stats:
23 for 51 from the field 45%
9 for 12 from the line 75%
6 for 20 3s 32%
23 rebounds
14 turnovers
Good Win Warriors!!!!!!! See you at the CONVO!!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Need final score of Portsmouth-Warren JV game. Thanks. Doubt if the freshmen played.

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

Warren jvs won again 59 to 49. Good jv game!!!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Thanks, ex-coach.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

The Warriors tonight proved they are LEGIT, they beat a very good team tonight... a Final 4 team who have all seniors on their varsity....the Trojans lost the game because they lost a 14 point lead in the second half...shouldn't have let it get to a so called bad call to decide the game....the Trojans lean on two players and yes they are very good...but the Warriors are a TEAM, and get the ball to the player who happens to be hot....the defense won this game, once the Warriors went to half court trap, the Trojans were frustrated and couldn't convert unless Evans scored or he got in under to Deon...Maddox coached a masterful game, not I'm not getting into the coaches duel game, both coaches are excellent and made adjustments as the game changed...Hastie stepped up when someone needed to for Warren, scoring 15 points in the 4th....the intentional foul call at the end was the absolute correct call, everyone in the gym saw the kid grab the jersey and hang on, the JV did it but the less experienced refs didn't have the you know what to call it.....Trojans give the Warriors their due, they earned it...on to the Convo and Waverly....

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

A few things for those who didn't see game.....freethrows would've nullified any type of bad refereeing! Plain and simple, Warren made their free throws, Portsmouth didn't!

Despite the refs giving Warren extra time in their huddle out of timeouts--->in other words, PHS would call timeout, and out of each timeout, phs would be set up to in bounds the ball, but we had to wait on the refs, who were waiting on Warren to break their huddle...despite the buzzer sounding that the timeout had ended, thus giving warren an extra 30+ seconds of rest out of timeouts, in which we were the offense, and we had called the timeout...

...and all this time I thought the offense aint have to wait on the defense. and one ref had the nerve to actually laugh about the situation. Despite that happening on about 4 different occasions, if we make free throws, its not in the refs hands.

if we make free throws, despite the late game questionable call of intentional foul, in which seth bratchett goes for the quick steal, then the quick foul.....seth did just that, but instead of the ref calling a regular foul, they called an intentional foul....that seemed critical, but if we make free throws, its not as critical.

Warren made shots. We made shots! Warren made free throws, we didn't.....congrats warren, you have a talented and feisty team...down 12 late in the 3rd quarter, we shouldve went for the jugular, but ya'll didn't quit!

Return to “Boys Basketball”