South Gallia 08-09

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

South Gallia 08-09

Post by Mercerville Monster »

I guess this one got taken down. I think the Rebels will surprise some peopl this year.

I smell bad
Varsity

Re: South Gallia 08-09

Post by I smell bad »

I agree, and since I think the Cats will surprise some people maybe we will see a rematch in the tournament?

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

I agree, and since I think the Cats will surprise some people maybe we will see a rematch in the tournament?

You never know how that tournament drawing is gonna go!

Shadowrunner7
Waterboy

Post by Shadowrunner7 »

I'm predicting a down year for south gallia.I think the rebels will have a difficult time this year, most of the players will be inexperienced and have the problems that come with it. The team doesnt have much depth and you can't expect just a few upperclassmen to carry them through the season. Good Luck this year anyway...

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

I guess we will get a clue as to how good SG is in the preseason scrimmage at THS. With all the size Trimble has, 6'11", 6'6", 6'4", 6'3" across the front it will be interesting to see if SG tries to out quick them. If Saunders is still the coach down there I can see them surprising people. I think they see now they had him in the wrong sport as a football coach. He is much better coaching on the hardwood.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

With all the size Trimble has, 6'11", 6'6", 6'4", 6'3" across the front it will be interesting to see if SG tries to out quick them.

:122246 :122246 WOW!!! Thats a pretty big lineup. Some colleges dont have a lineup like that across the front. With kids that big I dont think Trimble is gonna surprise anyone. They should dominate.

Shadowrunner7
Waterboy

Post by Shadowrunner7 »

I smell bad wrote:I guess we will get a clue as to how good SG is in the preseason scrimmage at THS. With all the size Trimble has, 6'11", 6'6", 6'4", 6'3" across the front it will be interesting to see if SG tries to out quick them. If Saunders is still the coach down there I can see them surprising people. I think they see now they had him in the wrong sport as a football coach. He is much better coaching on the hardwood.

well south gallia has never been blessed much with quickness...or size...but that doesn't mean everything in basketball. If the rebels have some of the shooting capability they did last year they might surprise some people, but we'll see.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Think back to Beaver, Cantrell and McCombs-if they did not have quickness then I would hate to see quickness.

U know?
Riding the Bench

Post by U know? »

Well, Good luck boys!I hope you have a very good season this year!Who are this year's seniors?Good luck to them.

sg rebel23
Waterboy

Post by sg rebel23 »

Good luck this year rebels, we are all behind you no matter what!!!!! :122245

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Glad to see business is so good when the economy sucks koondogger. Good luck with the business.

guyan gangsta
Waterboy

Post by guyan gangsta »

Sounds like Trimble has a huge team. It will be tough for the Rebels to stop that kind of size but it can be done. It will take a great defensive effort.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Sounds like Trimble has a huge team. It will be tough for the Rebels to stop that kind of size but it can be done. It will take a great defensive effort

The Guyan Gansta has spoken!!!

allsport12
Waterboy

Post by allsport12 »

First, I have no dog in this fight. But, why does trimble care about South Gallia? They dont play in regular season and occassionally meet in the tourney. That being said, some of the trimble faithful have been on SG for that tourney game during the Cristman era. That is a game SG probably shouldnt have won (talent wise) but they won with heart. It was a great game to watch.

Marshall_Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Marshall_Fan »

Thank you gahs4ever..I'm getting pretty tired of them myself..I don't see SG people on their threads bad mouthing their kids!!!

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Well I am from Trimble and I respect the SG program. Sure we argue back and forth a little, but that is just the competitiveness between us. :122245
No disrespect is meant, especially to the kids. BTW Is Saunders still the coach down there? I know he was doing a great job a few years ago. If he is still there, and he stays for a while I think he can build a strong program. Sure they will have some down years, but there will be more good ones than bad if they can keep some consistancy IMO. The times I have seen them play, they have had some hard nosed aggressive players. They are also a class act. Looking forward to seeing you guys in a few weeks in the house that koondogger built. Good luck on your season.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

I think the Rebels will win their league this year. ;-)

bballfool
Freshman Team

Post by bballfool »

If the kids stay with it..in the next couple of years the Rebels will have some size.

There is a young man in the 8th grade that is 6'8" and 270 lbs. and a 6'2" player as well.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Does the big kid play football for the Rebels :?:

bballfool
Freshman Team

Post by bballfool »

Yeah he played football this year.

This is the first year for him playing basketball. He has a lot of work to do. Needs to work on cordination and fundamentals.

He is a very coachable young man.

If he stays with it, he could make an impact in High School.

Return to “Boys Basketball”