South Gallia 08-09

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Re: South Gallia 08-09

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

bballfool-The young man you are talking about made great progress during the football season from the start to the end. I am sure that he will do the same in basketball!

Good Luck Rebels!

bballfool
Freshman Team

Post by bballfool »

He seems to have the right attitude.

Easy going, works hard...

Nice young man.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

Well I am from Trimble and I respect the SG program. Sure we argue back and forth a little, but that is just the competitiveness between us.
No disrespect is meant, especially to the kids. BTW Is Saunders still the coach down there? I know he was doing a great job a few years ago. If he is still there, and he stays for a while I think he can build a strong program. Sure they will have some down years, but there will be more good ones than bad if they can keep some consistancy IMO. The times I have seen them play, they have had some hard nosed aggressive players. They are also a class act. Looking forward to seeing you guys in a few weeks in the house that koondogger built. Good luck on your season.

Arguing backand forth is one thing but cracking on the program (i.e. the schedule) and expecting for us to give you respect and not crack back and talk about the last time we beat you is another. I think everyone in the SG community and program have respect for Trimble and what they do.

And yes, Saunders is still the Head Coach at SG. We have had the same coaching staff going on 5 years now with Saunders being the Varsity Head Coach for 7 years now. We are looking forward to making the trip to Glouster as well.

U know?
Riding the Bench

Post by U know? »

So how are the boys looking?When are their scrimmages?

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

see ya in the fine city of Glouster.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Crack on us for that loss 5 years ago all you want. You deserve it. I am not sure I remember who was on that team off the top of my head, but I am sure they remember it too. We will see you in the house that koondogger (aka coachk) built in a few weeks. :122245

U know?
Riding the Bench

Post by U know? »

So, I heard they had ascrimmage this Saturday. Is that true? If so, where is it at?

Marshall_Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Marshall_Fan »

The scrimmage is Sat. at Federal Hocking, the bus is leaving at 7:30 am I believe.

U know?
Riding the Bench

Post by U know? »

Do you know what time the scrimmage starts?

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

If I had to guess around 10 a.m. But like I said, I am just guessing.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

I am not sure I remember who was on that team off the top of my head, but I am sure they remember it too.

Well thats funny.That team had two players on it that was declared to be two of the best players to ever play at Trimble and you dont remember them?

But tobe in the present time now. Rebels first scrimmage is this Saturday at Fed Hock. The Rebels scrimmages should really get them ready for the regular season and see where they stand at compared to some good teams.

Shadowrunner7
Waterboy

Post by Shadowrunner7 »

mtswngrvsg wrote:Think back to Beaver, Cantrell and McCombs-if they did not have quickness then I would hate to see quickness.

Your right, those three were quick, i guess i was only really talking about last year, we can agree that team really had one player with any speed. As far as this year I can only think of one or two and their younger inexperienced players.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

What two would that have been? There have been a lot of good players go through that school, and I sure don't remember two on that team as being the two best. Names like Tim Seavers, Mike Roback, Mark Extenkamper, Nelson Morris, Jeff Holbert were some I remember as being the best. They are all to old to have played on that team. :122245

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Christman and Dixon!

U know?
Riding the Bench

Post by U know? »

Why do we talk about Trimble on a South Gallia post? Good luck tomorrow at the scrimmage, boys.

footballfan2008
Waterboy

Post by footballfan2008 »

i heard they did pretty good saturday

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Rebels travel to Jackson for a tri scrimmage Friday night with Jackson and Paint Valley.

bballfool
Freshman Team

Post by bballfool »

Hey Monster!

What time do they start at Jackson?

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Monster, I don't remember anyone from Trimble ever saying those two were two of the best ever. Christman was very good, especially for a big man, which Trimble is not always noted for. Dixon was a good player on a pretty good team. Both were and are great kids, but not the best ever at Trimble. Nor were they on the best team ever at Trimble. I would have to guess that they played against the best team ever at SG though.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Monster, I don't remember anyone from Trimble ever saying those two were two of the best ever. Christman was very good, especially for a big man, which Trimble is not always noted for. Dixon was a good player on a pretty good team. Both were and are great kids, but not the best ever at Trimble. Nor were they on the best team ever at Trimble. I would have to guess that they played against the best team ever at SG though.

Some would argue many things in that post smelly. But enough about all that Trimble talk.

bballfool,
To be honest with you, I dont really know what time the scrimmage starts. My guess would be around 5 or 6. I will have to get back with you on that one.

Return to “Boys Basketball”