12/13 Ironton 44 @ Waverly 42

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: 12/13 Ironton (2-0) @ Waverly (2-0)

Post by danicalifornia »

Smurray- I hope you're saying those 3 can combine for 15 a game and not individually. It looks like if you can limit Kretzer to less than 20, Waverly may not score more than 35. Good defensive team though, so some nights it may not matter.

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

The Kretzer and Carter show was fun to watch.....Ironton at this point in the season is the better TEAM. Very confusing watching Waverlys sets on offense. Nobody other than Kretzer can create their own shot nor would they have the confidence to shoot it if they did. Kelly could not find the ocean tonight...JP has to quit playing scared and just ball...some of this is coaching with the quick hook if he make mistake. Was Heibel kid hurt did not see him with any PT? I do agree Brock Davis gave some really good mins good to see from this senior. Keep your heads up Tigers league game Friday...goal #1 is win SOC stay focused.

Not sure what happened after the game but some parents from both school were showing poor sportsmanship very sad to see.

Good Luck to Ironton the rest of the way.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Is Irontons Trevor White ever going to get into the Varsity Lineup? We need his ability to score and rebound in the Lineup.

lebasketball
Riding the Bench

Re: 12/13 Ironton 44 @ Waverly 42

Post by lebasketball »

Nothing wrong physically with Heibel. I think Ironton just posed somewhat of a matchup problem for him to get minutes tonight. I don't think his defensive skills are ready to handle a Zac Carter and the other Ironton guards are much bigger and stronger than Heibel. I would think that had a lot to do with Travis's decision on his playing time this evening. He is not afraid to take the open 3 with confidence though so maybe he should have seen the floor.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="onthepitch"] Not sure what happened after the game but some parents from both school were showing poor sportsmanship very sad to see.[/quote]

There was a Waverly fan grabbing and threatening some of the kids in our student section. That is what the commotion was about. Then when adults stepped over to defend the kids, he tried to say that he was just trying to keep them off the floor. I saw him grab one of our kids and yell in his face. Another kid told me this same man had threatened to kick his butt. The sad thing was that there were school officials standing right there and they did nothing. This had nothing to do with the game or POOR SPORTSMANSHIP!!! It was a grown man messing with kids.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Danicalifornia,
Yes, anyone of those guys can knock down 15 points in a game. I didnt mean they each should be hitting that mark in the same game. Last night Kretzer got his 23, followed by Kelly and White with 5 each, Davis 4, Hart 3, Hensley 2. We are missing Martin's 20+ per game and no-one is stepping up.
It needs to be Kretzer 20+, Kelly, White or Hart 15, Kelly, White or Hart 10, someone else 8, 3, 2.

Ironton scoring:
Carter 20, Fletcher 10, Brown 8, Johnson 3, Stephens 3

Davis was indeed a bright spot for Waverly - gave some great minutes.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

smurray u keep dropping your sites it was they could drop 20 now its down to 15 lol sorry couldnt resist lol. I love your attitude and know you love Waverly Athletics as do I, but there are deeper problems than lack of scoring in the Waverly Basketball program.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

crazymidges, I never dropped my sites, when did I say those guys could drop 20 any given night? Not saying they couldn't if they were nailing their shots but I didnt say 20, I said 15.
And just what are the deeper problems at Waverly? If you dont feel like you can post that on here you can message me.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I think due to the slow pace that the tigers play at because of lack of confedece in his guards there is not enough shots taken for there to be a real #2 scorer. The bottom line is once Waverly looks back over the game film there going to kick themselves in the but they missed double figgure shots from inside 4 foot heck in the second quarter they missed 6 alone. I look for them to correct this and march on to a league title.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

smurray Post subject: Re: waverly@Burg 12/9Posted: December 8th, 2011, 10:38 am

SEOP

Location: Waverly Barrick was at the Court House game and I'm sure he knows Waverly has other guys who can light up the scoreboard. Kelly, Hart, White, any one of those guys can drop 20 on you if you "concentrate" your efforts on Kretzer. Ward can hurt you with 10-15 as well. At the end of the night (against Court House) many folks thought Kretzer scored around 25 but when you add it up he had 35. It wasnt a game where you felt it was a one man show. Naturally teams are going to focus on Jake but da Tigers do have others who can light it up.

No I wont air dirty laundry on here unless provoked.
Will send you a pm.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

cazymidgets,
That was after the courthouse game and I do stand by that. They are very capable if teams double and triple team Jake. Up to now they arent hitting their shots.

lebasketball
Riding the Bench

Post by lebasketball »

I am not saying that none of those guys are not capable of scoring 20 points on a given night. I think Devin Kelly is a very capable scorer and could have had a little more scoring opportunities last night but i feel that wasn't the role he was put into last night by the coaching staff. It is very hard to chase Zac Carter around for 32 minutes, bring the ball up the floor against pressure for 32 minutes and still have legs to be a scorer on offense. I feel Devin played a nice game last night and has been a steady player in the point guard spot this season. He hasn't made mistakes. He had zero turnovers at the Burg and don't recall a turnover last night by Devin. With that said this team doesn't need another player to score 20 points to win ball games. They are small with the exception of Kretzer whom can create a lot of shots for his teammates with his ability. This team needs Devin, JP, and Phillip to put in 8-10 a night by hitting the open shots that ball reversal creates in the course of the offense to be successful.

Return to “Boys Basketball”