Best TVC Hocking Player the first few weeks?

Super trooper
All State

Re: Best TVC Hocking Player the first few weeks?

Post by Super trooper »

We just wanna beat howie for abandoning our kids

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Super Trooper wrote:We just wanna beat howie for abandoning our kids
The explanation I got from Howie last Tuesday when I seen him out scouting another team sounded nothing like "abandoning" Super Trooper.

TeeVeeCee
Waterboy

Post by TeeVeeCee »

93: Please share the other side

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I hate to re-peat anything that was said 'outside' of SEOPS and in person:

But I will offer some insight that I gained from the conversation ... It boiled down to Coach Caldwell, at his age and stage of his carreer, wanting the opportunity to build another program (his way) one more time ... I can pretty much leave it at that.

A coach wanting to do this is nothing new and certainly there is nothing wrong with it. Using the word 'abandoning' is not even close to what the reality of the situation is (IMO) ... It took about 5 minutes to get the reasoning for leaving out of coach Caldwell the other night, he spent most of the time praising Eastern, talking and praising his volleyball players and their parents and all the other people down at Eastern ... Someone who is 'abandoning' their team/school or someone who truly didn't want to be their anymore wouldn't talk in the tone coach Caldwell was using.

I mean, if the guy wants to accomplish something again and gain some of the feelings he recieved when he left Southern to take over an Eastern program - I just don't see a problem with it. I know anytime a coach leaves a program - its hard and feelings get hurt - but it happens all the time at all levels. For me to judge a situation like that, I would look at the reasoning for doing so and coach Caldwell's reasoning seemed pretty legit and honest to me.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

It's not like he's going to admit to stabbing a bunch of kids inthe back

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Its too bad we didn't have SEOPS back in the day ... It would have been intresting to see the comments made when coach Caldwell left Southern for Eastern ...

It goes back to the old cliche "its all about Me, Me, Me and Us." ... If your helping "Us" - we love you; if your helping someone else - we hate you and you stabbed us in the back.

I'm sure when coach Caldwell went to Eastern the folks in Reedsville we're happy and excited that they were getting a good coach wanting to do something great with the Eastern Eagles ... After accomplishing that and making Eastern a household name in terms of Division IV basketball in southeastern Ohio - he now wants to do it elsewhere, which appears to be a 'positive' thing IMO. In terms of southeastern Ohio basketball and looking at the situation from afar anyway.

I actually respect a person/coach more who is willing to go back to square one and try and re-build a program from scratch. Now if Federal Hocking was loaded with talent and it appeared he was taking the job just to win - that's one thing - but the Lancers are from that. Plus, in terms of tournament basketball, its much tougher to win at Federal Hocking with the Lancers being Division III ... You have a much better chance at making the state tournament in DIV than you do in D3 where you have to go play the likes of Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Ironton, Wheelersburg and so on at the Convo in the districts.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Has far has Howie leaveing, who cares.
He's gone, get over it. Many reasons, great AD at eastern played a factor i'am sure.

I disagree with you 93. 9 out of 10 years the state champ in d4 is better than the the state champ in d3.
You are right though about our district though.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Carnahan with another great game at federal hocking

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Post by johnny ringo »

G.W.A. wrote:Has far has Howie leaveing, who cares.
He's gone, get over it. Many reasons, great AD at eastern played a factor i'am sure.

I disagree with you 93. 9 out of 10 years the state champ in d4 is better than the the state champ in d3.
GWA, your statement about D4 being better than D3 might be the DUMBEST thing i have ever read on here.

Poncho and Lefty
Waterboy

Post by Poncho and Lefty »

Chris Saylor by far THE best player I have seen this year. Maybe the best player to set foot in Federal Hockings gym. A 7ft beast, a dictator of the TVC.

looking down from above
Waterboy

Post by looking down from above »

The carahan boy from eastern scores a lot of points because he tries to drive the ball between 3 or 4 boys and don't share the ball with his team mates. The last time I checked it took 5 to play.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

He tried to put the team on his back at fed.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Carnahan isn't even the point guard for 90% of the game. He drives the ball to the whole and dishes off to teammates. When they aren't hitting he takes over.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

johnny ringo wrote:

GWA, your statement about D4 being better than D3 might be the DUMBEST thing i have ever read on here.
You must not follow the state tournament very often. Afracentric, ST henry, OakHill, wherle, just to name a few. The year jason collier was a senior at springfield central catholic it was said by many that they would have won it in any division. There is also many more catholic schools in d4 than d3 and we all know that advantage.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

G.W.A. wrote:
johnny ringo wrote:

You must not follow the state tournament very often. Afracentric, ST henry, OakHill, wherle, just to name a few. The year jason collier was a senior at springfield central catholic it was said by many that they would have won it in any division. There is also many more catholic schools in d4 than d3 and we all know that advantage.
9 out of 10 is a big stretch. Taft would have beat Hiland by double digits last season.

lightsout1
Waterboy

Post by lightsout1 »

Poncho and Lefty wrote:Chris Saylor by far THE best player I have seen this year. Maybe the best player to set foot in Federal Hockings gym. A 7ft beast, a dictator of the TVC.
Chris Saylor has plenty to work on. I mean, most 7 footer are being looked at by college scouts... this kid doesn't exactly have the scouts lining up in Stewart. Lacks physical strength and his footwork in the paint is marginal at best. Maybe u had better rethink your plan here Poncho. I've had the chance to see Roseberry from Racine, Saylor FH, Ullman Belpre, and Carnahan Eastern. No clear standout 5 games into the season, although most of these kids play hard. Time will separate these individuals with consistency and overall team success contributing significantly.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Saylor did have 6 points and 4 rebounds against eastern. Thad Matta coming down soon

1wish
Waterboy

Post by 1wish »

With them kind of numbers I hear Coach K, and Roy Williams are getting into some heated arguments over what side of tobacco road he will play on next year lol just kidding but I did hear bobby knight was coming out of retirement just for him ok im done lol. Saylor needs a lot of work and the right coach is there at Fed to work with him. kid has a lot of potential to be great but right now he needs A LOT of work. Roseberry is outstanding from southern along with Roberts. After next week it will be a long year for Carnahan from Eastern. Once coaches start trading game film and scouting reports watch out box and one and double/triple teams on him. But I seen a Eastern Player before (Cozart) average 20points a game in the same situation Carnahan is about to be in so we will see how it goes.

GO EAGLES!!!

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Post by johnny ringo »

You are right though about our district though.[/quote]

GWA, your statement about D4 being better than D3 might be the DUMBEST thing i have ever read on here.[/quote]
You must not follow the state tournament very often. Afracentric, ST henry, OakHill, wherle, just to name a few. The year jason collier was a senior at springfield central catholic it was said by many that they would have won it in any division. There is also many more catholic schools in d4 than d3 and we all know that advantage.[/quote]
9 out of 10 is a big stretch. Taft would have beat Hiland by double digits last season.[/quote]

GWA, again, dumbest statement I have ever read on here. In the last 10 years how many OJ Mayo's, Lebron James's or Bill Walker's have you seen in the D4 game. Next, did you really use OAK HILL as reinforcement for your argument???? No need to even address that one. As for your catholic school argument, DIV 3 2009 champ: Lima Central CATHOLIC.....2010 champ: Cleveland Central CATHOLIC! It is obvious that YOU are the one who doesnt follow the state tournament very often. Finally, i laughed out loud when you used Columbus Wherle! That school has been closed for 20 years. Please get a clue before posting ridiculous stuff like that again.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

johnny ringo. You have showed how smart you are with your saylor for player of the year posts, haha. Get a clue

Return to “Boys Basketball”