Best TVC Hocking Player the first few weeks?

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Re: Best TVC Hocking Player the first few weeks?

Post by johnny ringo »

G.W.A. wrote:johnny ringo. You have showed how smart you are with your saylor for player of the year posts, haha. Get a clue
uhhhh.....I have never mentioned the saylor kid in any post i have ever written. CONGRATS...you have managed to write an even DUMBER post! just when i thought you had reached your maximum potential. good effort!

Poncho and Lefty
Waterboy

Post by Poncho and Lefty »

1wish wrote:With them kind of numbers I hear Coach K, and Roy Williams are getting into some heated arguments over what side of tobacco road he will play on next year lol just kidding but I did hear bobby knight was coming out of retirement just for him ok im done lol. Saylor needs a lot of work and the right coach is there at Fed to work with him. kid has a lot of potential to be great but right now he needs A LOT of work. Roseberry is outstanding from southern along with Roberts. After next week it will be a long year for Carnahan from Eastern. Once coaches start trading game film and scouting reports watch out box and one and double/triple teams on him. But I seen a Eastern Player before (Cozart) average 20points a game in the same situation Carnahan is about to be in so we will see how it goes.

GO EAGLES!!!
But just like cozart they couldnt beat federal hocking.

midgetssuck
Waterboy

Post by midgetssuck »

trent abram from miller can score with anyone in the tvc

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Post by johnny ringo »

midgetssuck wrote:trent abram from miller can score with anyone in the tvc
midget, i doubt a player from a 1-20 team will get consideration for POY.

TeeVeeCee
Waterboy

Post by TeeVeeCee »

93Bulldog wrote:I hate to re-peat anything that was said 'outside' of SEOPS and in person:

But I will offer some insight that I gained from the conversation ... It boiled down to Coach Caldwell, at his age and stage of his carreer, wanting the opportunity to build another program (his way) one more time ... I can pretty much leave it at that.

A coach wanting to do this is nothing new and certainly there is nothing wrong with it. Using the word 'abandoning' is not even close to what the reality of the situation is (IMO) ... It took about 5 minutes to get the reasoning for leaving out of coach Caldwell the other night, he spent most of the time praising Eastern, talking and praising his volleyball players and their parents and all the other people down at Eastern ... Someone who is 'abandoning' their team/school or someone who truly didn't want to be their anymore wouldn't talk in the tone coach Caldwell was using.

I mean, if the guy wants to accomplish something again and gain some of the feelings he recieved when he left Southern to take over an Eastern program - I just don't see a problem with it. I know anytime a coach leaves a program - its hard and feelings get hurt - but it happens all the time at all levels. For me to judge a situation like that, I would look at the reasoning for doing so and coach Caldwell's reasoning seemed pretty legit and honest to me.
93...Thank you for sharing. I must admit this is very difficult to buy without ignoring numerous facts. Obviously you were sold though. Perhaps this is similiar to why caldwell has been able to have some success in the short term but have ended so badly. Kind of a house of cards sort of thing.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Was Coach Caldwells tenure at Eastern considered 'short term'? I thought he had been there quite some time - but I don't know exactly when he took over ... I mean, I watched him coach Eastern at the convo almost 10 years ago ...

I will go out on a limb here and say he had pretty good success over the long term at Eastern ... The teams he had back in the early 2000's with Cozart, Dill, Cross, Simpson we're pretty darn good and I believe he made it to the regionals at least once with that team ... His last two teams at Eastern in 2010 & 2011 were (19-1) and (17-3) respectively ... And neither one of those treams had a player over 6-foot-1.

TeeVeeCee
Waterboy

Post by TeeVeeCee »

No reason to debate the number of years that defines short term or long term. I guess the point is name a program that he has not ran into the ground before leaving?

If he just wanted one more chance to build a program then why not build the program that he ran down?

midgetssuck
Waterboy

Post by midgetssuck »

johnny ringo, you are sounding pretty darn dumb right now....miller will win more than 1 game, you obviously have not seen the talent they put on the court this year. they have a good big man, another big man that can shoot from anywhere (abram) and good ball handlers who can also shoot......see how stupid you look in a few weeks

1wish
Waterboy

Post by 1wish »

what program did Coach Caldwell run down????? the last year he was 17-3 at eastern how is that running a program down? Eastern is starting this year out 4-1 dont sound like a run down program to me? As far as Coach Caldwell leaving Eastern the reason why is right in front of everyones eyes. There is 4 or 5 Jr. and SR. that would not play for Coach Caldwell last year at eastern that are playing this year. why? casue they are soft and dont like to be yelled at. Coach told me that there comes a point in time when your somewhere for so long its time to move on because no one wants to play for you anymore and if you dont believe me take a look out on easterns court. 3 of the 5 starters played 1 year for Caldwell and couldnt handle it. so thats why he left people. The kids there now couldn't handle playing for a coach that liked to discipline/yell at them open your eyes

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Carnahan and Pullins with 19 points a piece against southern last night. Pullins also had 12 rebounds

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

93Bulldog wrote:Was Coach Caldwells tenure at Eastern considered 'short term'? I thought he had been there quite some time - but I don't know exactly when he took over ... I mean, I watched him coach Eastern at the convo almost 10 years ago ...

I will go out on a limb here and say he had pretty good success over the long term at Eastern ... The teams he had back in the early 2000's with Cozart, Dill, Cross, Simpson we're pretty darn good and I believe he made it to the regionals at least once with that team ... His last two teams at Eastern in 2010 & 2011 were (19-1) and (17-3) respectively ... And neither one of those treams had a player over 6-foot-1.
Howie was at EHS for 13 seasons and had many players over 6 foot 1 the last two seasons. Dont always believe the $1 program.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm looking at their team picture right now G.W.A (from last year) ... I would love to know which player is taller than 6'1? The tallest player is #30 (sophmore Troy Gantt.)

Devon Baum (listed at 6'0) I know was pretty much their center all last season ... He may be 6-foot-1 and possibly even 6-2 - but definitly not any biggeer than that.

In 2009/2010 - The year Eastern lost only one regular season game it was Titus Pierce and Mike Johnson holding down the front court (both listed at 6'1) ... We're they 6-foot-2? Possbily. But I have stood next to Titus while interviewing him after a baseball game and there is no way he is 6-foot-3.

So looking at the big picture - the Eagles were still able to go (19-1) and (17-3) without any 'true' post presence what-so-ever ... I mean, Pierce and Johnson were great athletes and could jump out of the gym - but neither one of them was a real center or even closely resembled a center on the basketball court ... Same can be said for Devon Baum.

bleacher coach
Waterboy

Post by bleacher coach »

1 Wish, my suggestion to you since you are a Coach in the Eastern system is to delete your last comments about Eastern players & I will then delete this one. Stand up for your old Coach if you must but never put the kids down in the system when you are Coaching there & especially when your cousin plays with them.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

1wish? How do u say the players now do not like discipline? The only reason they have won is because coach Britton has installed. Coming from behind against Meigs and against a very good Southern team. That is disciplined right there ans trusting your coach. As for not wanting to get yelled at Coach Britton rips those kids for even the little mistakes the only difference is that he builds those kids back up and is there biggest fan. Those remarks about our boys was rude and very immature

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

1wish? How do u say the players now do not like discipline? The only reason they have won is because coach Britton has installed. Coming from behind against Meigs and against a very good Southern team. That is disciplined right there ans trusting your coach. As for not wanting to get yelled at Coach Britton rips those kids for even the little mistakes the only difference is that he builds those kids back up and is there biggest fan. Those remarks about our boys was rude and very immature

1wish
Waterboy

Post by 1wish »

Bleacher Coach-No Im not deleting my post and I didnt put the kids down, all my post says is that the reason coach caldwell is not there is cause the kids could not handle his style of coaching and it was time for him to move on didnt put them down in anyway. like you said i coach at Eastern, My relation plays for eastern, why in the heck would i put them down? If you want to talk about my opinion more send me a Private Message tell me who you are and ill meet with you somewhere.

BigShooter- My Remarks are not rude or immature, Your point about Discipline and trusting there coach is true. I should have used different wording and im sorry about that, my wordings should have been something along the lines of, they couldnt not handle Coach Caldwells style of coaching. instead of they could not handle discipline. If you would like to talk to me send me a PM and tell me where to meet you. thanks

I am in no way trying to put the kids from eastern down nor Coach Britton who i consider a good basketball friend. I am just putting my opinion and that is that the reason coach caldwell left eastern is because the kids didnt want to play for his style of coaching. and if that is not obvious count the number of kids on the basketball team that would not be playing if he was still there. Thanks

GO EAGLES

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

1wish I understand and I appologize for over reacting I was just standing up for our boys. I no its a long season but our boys r defining all odds right now

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Two best Hocking players are Haner and Dan Matney from SG. Also Dalton Matney is just as good.

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

Rebels on 3 wrote:Two best Hocking players are Haner and Dan Matney from SG. Also Dalton Matney is just as good.

I don't think they are even the best on South Gallia. Johnson is best all around player on that team.

George Jones
Freshman Team

Post by George Jones »

Teams like Southern, South Gallia and Belpre aren't going to put up the big individual numbers like some of the other teams. From what I have seen these teams have 4 or 5 players scoring in double figures as opposed to one player putting up huge numbers. The way I would pick the Hocking player of the year would be like I had the number 1 draft pick starting a team. Who would be the first player I wanted to start my team with?

Return to “Boys Basketball”