SOC 1

VegasEagle
Varsity

Re: SOC 1

Post by VegasEagle »

photo_electric_guy wrote:
VegasEagle wrote:
photo_electric_guy wrote:No I don't wager… not because I cannot pay but because I hate to take someone’s money (I mean that in a good way). Notre Dame returns all of last years starters with the exception of one (Milani) who is rehabbing from a football injury.
Thats what I thought lol

I'd consider a Coke or candy bar?
I dont know if a coke or candy bar would make it out here to Vegas my friend lol

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Thanks for the correction on the Tartans past sectional titles in the last 4 years. I forgot they did well in the tourney back to back 3 and 4 years ago. As for me, I'm afraid my coaching has remained at the youth league level and I have helped multiple schools at that level? I am "in the loop" of many area coaches so I know several of them pretty well. But, I would not want to coach or assist at the high school level because of stuff like this.

So not sure how I am trying to make anyone look good or bad greendough? You have been trying to dog Eastern instead of sticking to the SOC1 topic and are insulting all SOC1 players by trashing the league? Support your school (and I can't determine which one you support from your posts) and leave all the others alone.

I went back and read your posts and they just don't make any sense? You first listed your pics as Symmes, Notre Dame, Green, then Eastern. You then say the league is weak and that it means nothing? Now you say you are picking the Tartans? By putting down the league and past champions all you are doing is running down ALL the players from all the SOC1 schools. Its just not necessary!

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

greendough, clearly has no idea what he is talking about. Eastern has been a top team in the league for the past several years. They have a good program set up and are always in games. Did the strike a few years ago hurt them...yes, but they have moved past it and have been successful on the court for a few years now. Will East win the league this year, it is too early to tell but just like every other small school they will run in cycles in having up and down years. They have athletes in the school that can play it is just getting them to come out for the team and giving it everything they have... They return Craiger who is the leader for this team and only a junior along with Bias who is a big kid that got good playing time last year. If they work hard they could have a turn around like the football team had this past season from last year.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Craiger is a great player and most likely a top 5 player in our league but unless they got some help from there freshmen class I think they might have some trouble this year again. But I'm just guessing. They might end up winning the league I'm just speculating .

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Eaglesnest wrote:Thanks for the correction on the Tartans past sectional titles in the last 4 years. I forgot they did well in the tourney back to back 3 and 4 years ago. As for me, I'm afraid my coaching has remained at the youth league level and I have helped multiple schools at that level? I am "in the loop" of many area coaches so I know several of them pretty well. But, I would not want to coach or assist at the high school level because of stuff like this.

So not sure how I am trying to make anyone look good or bad greendough? You have been trying to dog Eastern instead of sticking to the SOC1 topic and are insulting all SOC1 players by trashing the league? Support your school (and I can't determine which one you support from your posts) and leave all the others alone.

I went back and read your posts and they just don't make any sense? You first listed your pics as Symmes, Notre Dame, Green, then Eastern. You then say the league is weak and that it means nothing? Now you say you are picking the Tartans? By putting down the league and past champions all you are doing is running down ALL the players from all the SOC1 schools. Its just not necessary!

Agree

Green Dough
Waterboy

Post by Green Dough »

SOCFAN1430 wrote:
Eaglesnest wrote:Thanks for the correction on the Tartans past sectional titles in the last 4 years. I forgot they did well in the tourney back to back 3 and 4 years ago. As for me, I'm afraid my coaching has remained at the youth league level and I have helped multiple schools at that level? I am "in the loop" of many area coaches so I know several of them pretty well. But, I would not want to coach or assist at the high school level because of stuff like this.

I never once said I was going to pick the Tartans. I know what I am saying. Leave it. Ha

Agree

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Ttt

Tartan Sauce
Waterboy

Post by Tartan Sauce »

Don't count out east. I thought they looked great! They way have been the only SOC 1 school to win at previews. Didn't see the first couple of games. ND will be a tough squad to play this year plenty of returnees.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Tartan Sauce wrote:Don't count out east. I thought they looked great! They way have been the only SOC 1 school to win at previews. Didn't see the first couple of games. ND will be a tough squad to play this year plenty of returnees.

The Eagles beat Oak Hill 30-18

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

I will take Eastern to win the conference.

no excuses
Waterboy

Post by no excuses »

SOCFAN1430 wrote:
Tartan Sauce wrote:Don't count out east. I thought they looked great! They way have been the only SOC 1 school to win at previews. Didn't see the first couple of games. ND will be a tough squad to play this year plenty of returnees.

The Eagles beat Oak Hill 30-18

Eastern should win soc 1 hands down. The only other team I see making a run for it is sv. Havent seen east yet,I know they werent to bad last year. Clay lost alot last year and have seniors who havent played very much because of the classes ahead of them.Seen a little bit of ND at previews, could be good if they know how to use all the talent they have.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Western open with a conference game this year they welcome the East Tartans to the tepee as the young tribe hopes to get a couple scalps on Friday night . Both teams comeing off forgettable seasons last year looking to start off with a big "w".

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston Glenwood 72
Ironton St.Joseph 28

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

ND with a big big win over So webster.

Lightle04