Warren-Vinton County Foundation Game

llabteksab
Waterboy

Warren-Vinton County Foundation Game

Post by llabteksab »

Three days left, thoughts on outcome of game?

buckfan85
Waterboy

Re: Warren-Vinton County Foundation Game

Post by buckfan85 »

Will there be a JV game also?

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

I think this is a scrimmage

marklduckworth
Freshman Team

Post by marklduckworth »

This will be played just like a regular season game only it will not count in the teams record. There will be a J.V. game first
to be followed by the varsity. In conjuction with the Secnic Hills Lions club, $ 1,000.00 will be given to help with their eye glasses project and to help a Warren High school student. This is a great concept and it is much better than a 2 quarter preview. $ 1,000.00 will help, and if you multiply it by all of the games around Ohio, it will help make a difference in many communities. I know the good people and fans of Warren and Vinton Basketball will come and support this. Many people have been asking questions about the game. It is a new concept and I beleive it to be a good one. I hope this helps...............

Jack Bauer
Waterboy

Post by Jack Bauer »

What time does the game start?

llabteksab
Waterboy

Post by llabteksab »

I thank the JV starts at about 6:00 and the Varsity is at 7:30

tribetime
Freshman Team

Post by tribetime »

does this mean the warriors will not have a scrimmage on michigan saturday?
coach maddox cant be happy about the end of this streak...

marklduckworth
Freshman Team

Post by marklduckworth »

The streak is over !!! Practice scheduled from 8 - 10 that morning. We will see how it goes on Friday night !!!!
Scrimmages scheduled for Tues. and Saturday next week. The joy of the season is getting very close !!!!

goldentoe
Waterboy

Post by goldentoe »

Are you serious? No trip to Peake this year on the day of THE GAME

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

goldentoe wrote:Are you serious? No trip to Peake this year on the day of THE GAME

No Belpre is going to "Peake' this Saturday. I guess Plummer isn't a Buckeye fan.Moved the scrimmage to 10:00 am but still won't get back in time to see the game.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Warren beat VC by 14 tonight. Warren substituted liberally, with 5 players moving in and out most of the time. As expected, Hebb had a nice game. Everyone contributed. The Warriors were sloppy, and both Hoon and Venham fouled out with 5 minutes to go, but the Warriors were still too much for the Vikes. VC made a bit of a challenge towards the end of the game, but then the Warriors put them away. VC will be fine in the TVC, but they don't have much size and they are not physically strong. THe scrimmage was a step in the right direction for Warren, but there is much work to be done.

Pegasus
Waterboy

Post by Pegasus »

Good showing by the WARRIORs tonight. This Foundation Game is a good way to start the season. Although it doesn't count as a win or a loss, it sure was more entertaining than a scrimmage or a preview. Both teams played hard and with a little more intensity as if it WAS going to count on thier overall record. Warren at times looked ready to start the regular season, but YES there is more work to be done. Coach Maddox isn't rebuilding he is just restructuring and when he finds the right combination or rotation of players the "wins " will out number the "losses". IMO this years team has the players to be as good or better than last season. Coach Maddox will take off the rough edges and weld them together into a SOLID unit and maybe, just maybe, be cutting down some nets! I'm looking foward to it!! GO WARRIORs "I LOVE THIS GAME"

bankshot
Freshman Team

Post by bankshot »

IMO i thought the vikings out hustled, out rebounded, and definitly out played the warriors on defense...although maddox subsitutted more players in and out than he probably will during the season i wasn't too impressed with anyone...i know it was just a foundation game but if it was any clue on the game plan for this year. then it is going to be a long year...someone correct me if they disagree but when you have 2 players 6'3 or taller and even your guards are taller than their post players and you don't feed the ball inside there is something wrong...it was basically a one man show and hopefully that don't continue on into the season...Imo mystarting five was never on the floor at the same time... A LOT of room for improvement...FUNDAMENTALS please!!!!

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Bankshot, you didn't see the game plan for the season. Unlike most scrimmages there were scouts there from other schools. Maddox knew this and told the boys that he knew it. The starting 5 were never on the floor together, they ran motion in a limited way, no other plays and no plays out of motion, and they didn't run any in-bounds plays. Warren shot over 50 percent and won easily despite the fact that VC shot about 20 more foul shots. Warren even did reasonably well against the dreaded zone.

Warren does need to move the ball better, and the foul shooting was terrible, but overall it was a solid second scrimmage compared to "second scrimmages" that I've seen in recent years. Lot's to improve on for sure, but Maddox didn't show his hand at all.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

bankshot wrote:IMO i thought the vikings out hustled, out rebounded, and definitly out played the warriors on defense...although maddox subsitutted more players in and out than he probably will during the season i wasn't too impressed with anyone...i know it was just a foundation game but if it was any clue on the game plan for this year. then it is going to be a long year...someone correct me if they disagree but when you have 2 players 6'3 or taller and even your guards are taller than their post players and you don't feed the ball inside there is something wrong...it was basically a one man show and hopefully that don't continue on into the season...Imo mystarting five was never on the floor at the same time... A LOT of room for improvement...FUNDAMENTALS please!!!!

I figure it was treated like any other scrimmage, putting people in different positions to see how it goes. You can practice that but it is not the same as a doing it in a game. I wasn't there but am curious. What exactly would be your starting five so I know where you are coming from.

bankshot
Freshman Team

Post by bankshot »

Wizard...i think i would have to go with Hebb, venham, fivecoat,cunningham,and probably ellenwood...ididn't gett see the john glen scrimmage but i heard it was a physical one...did the rebounding improve?....with warren's height at all positions i think they should be winning on the boards...of course it always helps if you hve players deicated to the weight room

Return to “Boys Basketball”