who will be surprise players this year?

Pringles105
Freshman Team

who will be surprise players this year?

Post by Pringles105 »

well who do ya think will give a surprise this year

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Re: who will be surprise players this year?

Post by Pringles105 »

Doug Mcvey Eastern Pike he can shoot threes and a pretty good ball defender and will surprise people this year.

eagle7
Riding the Bench

Post by eagle7 »

Drew Nestor will actually suprise you he is a freshman and not on Varsity yet but he will be before the seasons end

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

who does he play for

eagle7
Riding the Bench

Post by eagle7 »

Belpre

justlookin
Freshman Team

Post by justlookin »

eagle7 I don't think you understand high school basketball. He has alot of upside but is no where near varsity level. These players do not need rushed , if you send them up to soon it will hurt their confidence. He needs to work on "D" and understand when to shoot and when to pass. He will be a solid player for Belpre and a future leader. He is a great kid but don't set those freshman up for failure. Remember JV basketball is still high school ball. Baseball players in the minors are still pro and get paid. Watch and wait his work will payoff.

As for a surprise for Belpre this year will be Jared Azar and a few sleeper role players will make a significant difference. GO EAGLES!!! It's about "WE NOT I"

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Andrew Seaman and Tyler Arnold from Peebles. Blake Justice is only a sophomore and most people know about him already and how good he is, however Seaman has been moved to point guard this year and will be outstanding in that position. He is about 6'3" and can jump very well and is probably the best rebounder on the squad. Arnold is at least 6'4" and has great range on his shot. I think this year in his senior year he will want to leave his mark on Peebles basketball. He has played varsity since his freshman year, starting now for his third year but this year I look for some great consistency out Arnold and Seaman.

Peebles is going to be a very good TEAM this year.

gymratt
Freshman Team

Post by gymratt »

Ron Smith-F-Chillicothe

Bricklayer
Riding the Bench

Post by Bricklayer »

Jacob Crapyou because he has an average 22 dunks a game

Bricklayer
Riding the Bench

Post by Bricklayer »

i don't know what i seen at the Meet the Panther night. Jacob Crapyou went up and slammed one down.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Agree bucknut

I imagine Seaman will have a big year in Lawhorn's system.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I look for junior Nick Kemper from Wheelersburg to have a break out season this year. This kid is just a hell of an athlete and will really help the Pirates out this year if given the chance to start and play consistent minutes.

He must get all that talent from his mom though because I'm sure his dads not that good. lol

:lol: :lol:

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I look for junior Nick Kemper from Wheelersburg to have a break out season this year. This kid is just a hell of an athlete and will really help the Pirates out this year if given the chance to start and play consistent minutes.

He must get all that talent from his mom though because I'm sure his dads not that good. lol

:lol: :lol:

I wouldn't be suprised to see him have a good year with the injuries at burg before the season has even started.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Ron Smith and Jordan Benson from Chillicothe. Knights and Dawes are 4 year household names. However, these two football dynamo's will come up big for Chillicothe once they get their basketball leagues under them. At 6'3" plus, they can work it inside or knock down the 15' jumpers. They are both fearless and easy to coach.

They will take pressure off Dawes and Knights, and make life easier for the other young guys on the team.

GO CAVS!!! 2008 STATE CHAMPS!!!

buckeyeballer2010
Waterboy

Post by buckeyeballer2010 »

Goodin-ny
Mitchell-ny

Both juniors

94Grad
Waterboy

Post by 94Grad »

Knights from Chilli

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I don't know if would be considered a surprise player because he moved in from Port Clinton, but Tory Horne of Portsmouth HAS GAME!! I watched him in the scrimmage vs. North Adams and Georgetown and this kid has a wide range of skills.......he averaged 14.0 PPG last season for the Port Clinton Redskins.......

I also think that 6-3 senior Corey Allison is primed to have a very good year for the Trojans...........

Mr_player
Freshman Team

Post by Mr_player »

Bricklayer wrote:Jacob Crapyou because he has an average 22 dunks a game

wow, u must be a little coo coo, because i dont think crappyou has ever dunked in a game
the dunks that he puts up rarely go in...

Return to “Boys Basketball”