Belpre@Meigs 12/5

scotty the body
Waterboy

Re: Belpre@Meigs 12/5

Post by scotty the body »

clearly you havnt seem my main man ricky rapparound. he is 1 hard hitter! he will shut donn you biggie and windmill 3s all nite.

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

Prodigy wrote:You obviously didnt see Belpre play last year. Erik Waderker had 6 steals against Meigs in the game at Meigs, then when Meigs came to Belpre, Tyler Watkins had 20 points. I have heard of Well and Cam Bolin. Well and Cam Bolin both had good games at Belpre last year. Other games i saw Meigs play, Clay Bolin lead the team in almost every statistical category. And i am not talking about other sports, i am talking about basketball. But if you wanted to get into other sports, by saying i havent seen a meigs sporting event, Watkins and Azar both started on the baseball team last year, Azar has started the pasdt 2 years, Watkins and Waderker are both 2 year letterman in football, and both started last season in basketball at some point, and they are only sophomores.

Nobody cares...this isnt about other sports, this about friday night...meigs wins...too many weapons on the perimeter

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

Gameday, Belpre, you guys better come ready to play if you wanna pick up a win at Meigs. Its going to be a hard fought game, a very sloppy game both ways. Lots of turnovers and missed opportunities, but when it comes down to it, i see Belpre being too much for Meigs. Once again my prediction is...

Belpre 45
Meigs 40

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Prodigy wrote:Gameday, Belpre, you guys better come ready to play if you wanna pick up a win at Meigs. Its going to be a hard fought game, a very sloppy game both ways. Lots of turnovers and missed opportunities, but when it comes down to it, i see Belpre being too much for Meigs. Once again my prediction is...

Belpre 45
Meigs 40

I agree, first game of the season and everybody is still trying to find their way.

LETS GO EAGLES!!!!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Any results on this game?

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Meigs won this game,something like 73-66 not sure of the exact final.Belpre led by 8 points midway through the 3rd quarter then was outscored by Meigs 20 - 7 and never really could recover. Too many turnovers,missed layups and a little homecooking from the refs at the end. Number 10 for Meigs hit some big 3 pointers in the third and fourth quarters.good hard fought game by both teams.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Of course it was the refs fault! Give me a break Eaglepapaw. Why is it that in the Tri Valley Conference NOBODY wins fair and square in any sport? Whenever a team loses they ALWAYS want to blame it on officiating.
Congratulations to Coach Ewing and the Marauders on the positive start to the season.
Last edited by JoeGatto on Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Congrats to Meigs on the season opening win!

I look for a good game tonight against RV!

GO RAIDERS!!

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Congratulations to MEIGS :!:

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

FrozenRope9 wrote:Of course it was the refs fault! Give me a break Eaglepapaw. Why is it that in the Tri Valley Conference NOBODY wins fair and square in any sport? Whenever a team loses they ALWAYS want to blame it on officiating.
Congratulations to Coach Ewing and the Marauders on the positive start to the season.

Never said it was the ref's fault,only that a few questionable calls in the 4th quarter prevented Belpre from recovering from that 20-7 run at the end of the 3rd quarter.That was an awesome run by Meigs and and that was the key to their victory.Meigs played a very good game and I said that in my post so "thaw" out frozen rope,and worry about your own conference,the TVC is just fine.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Was the final score 73-66?

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

Eaglepapaw wrote:Meigs won this game,something like 73-66 not sure of the exact final.Belpre led by 8 points midway through the 3rd quarter then was outscored by Meigs 20 - 7 and never really could recover. Too many turnovers,missed layups and a little homecooking from the refs at the end. Number 10 for Meigs hit some big 3 pointers in the third and fourth quarters.good hard fought game by both teams.

actully you said "a little homecooking from the refs at the end"........... i take that a lot differnt than "a few questionable calls".
there will be "questtionable" calls in any game.
"homecooking" ..... a whole other story

bigred31
Riding the Bench

Post by bigred31 »

belpre had played a bad game and still made it close. waderker didnt do anything on offense but his d was alright..parsons hit some key 3's, tate had 20, azar and watkins had tons of rebounds both in double digits in points and loylad also had double digits

scotty the body
Waterboy

Post by scotty the body »

then why did'nt the y win? it was a hardhitting game! i cane give you 30 resens meigs won.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

If Belpre shoots better from the line, they could have won this game.

A 7 point loss on the road in game 1 is nothing to be concerned about.

Tip your cap to Meigs, they defended the home court which is what you are supposed to do in league play.

bhseaglex12
Riding the Bench

Post by bhseaglex12 »

from what ive read and heard, it seems it was a really good game. Now what does Belpre have to do to improve and try to come back from warren with a big victory? and how was the jv game...were there any surprise players that could possibly move up and help out the varsity teams later on in the season?

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

bhseaglex12 wrote:from what ive read and heard, it seems it was a really good game. Now what does Belpre have to do to improve and try to come back from warren with a big victory? and how was the jv game...were there any surprise players that could possibly move up and help out the varsity teams later on in the season?

It was a very good game by both teams,Belpre must reduce the turnovers and convert their easy layups,they missed quite a few ,a couple that could have helped them build an even bigger lead in the 3rd quarter.The JV's looked good winning 59-30. RaShawn Miller and Josh Campbell led them with 14 and 11 points. RaShawn hit 4 3 pointers and made some nice passes to the bigger guys inside.Both of those guys could help the varsity coming off the bench along with Tyler Leasure and Jordan Williams.Drew Nestor will help next year.I look for them to have a solid game against Warren and hopefully pull off the upset.

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

meigs was a little sloppy and had a little trouble rebounding...just clean a few things up and they will will be dangerous.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

I wasnt even at the game and i bet i could tell you that Belpre got outcoached. They will get outcoached every game this season. Belpre has the talent and the players to win, they just need a coach. And another thing, Rashawn Miller needs to be seeing some varsity minutes, this kid is a dead eye shooter, leave him open and he will knock it down, he also sees the floor as well as anyone i have seen. Best of luck to the Eagles against Warren, come out with an upset.

Return to “Boys Basketball”