Belpre@Meigs 12/5

jottings
SEOPS H

Re: Belpre@Meigs 12/5

Post by jottings »

Anything on Saturday's mnakeup game between Meigs and River Valley?

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

Prodigy wrote:I wasnt even at the game and i bet i could tell you that Belpre got outcoached. They will get outcoached every game this season. Belpre has the talent and the players to win, they just need a coach. And another thing, Rashawn Miller needs to be seeing some varsity minutes, this kid is a dead eye shooter, leave him open and he will knock it down, he also sees the floor as well as anyone i have seen. Best of luck to the Eagles against Warren, come out with an upset.

I agree 100% about Rashawn..I'm not sure how his speed/quickness is..but the kid sees(and has seen since I can remember coachin him in little league) the floor as well as anyone I have seen and his shot has improved greatly. As far as coaching goes...its almost sickening to think about some of the guys they could have hired and look at what happened...

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

What do you know a new basketball season and Belpre Fan picks up where they left off last year, crying about their coaching. Has it came to your mind that maybe, just maybe your team isnt as talented as the team your playing? Come on guys your better than this arent you? Take the loss like men. Quit blamming the ref's the coaching or whatever else you dream up for excuses. Every year the Belpre fans on here (not all but a lot) find 100 different reasons they loose but VERY SELDOM is it that they played a better team. Face facts you dont have the teams you had in the 90's. Im not taking anything away from the kids that play for the Eagles just sick of reading all of the excusses from the people on here.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

Hateraid, its not an excuse, its a fact. Go watch one of Coach Plummers practices and tell me that it is not coaching then. I agree with beleagle05, it is sickening to see what Plummer has done to Belpre Basketball. There is no doubt in my mind that Belpre has talent, maybe even more than Meigs, but Ewing is twice the coach Plummer will ever be.

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

HaterAid wrote:What do you know a new basketball season and Belpre Fan picks up where they left off last year, crying about their coaching. Has it came to your mind that maybe, just maybe your team isnt as talented as the team your playing? Come on guys your better than this arent you? Take the loss like men. Quit blamming the ref's the coaching or whatever else you dream up for excuses. Every year the Belpre fans on here (not all but a lot) find 100 different reasons they loose but VERY SELDOM is it that they played a better team. Face facts you dont have the teams you had in the 90's. Im not taking anything away from the kids that play for the Eagles just sick of reading all of the excusses from the people on here.

I disagree...I'm not sure that there are any Belpre fans that would say that we had a better team than Wheelersburg. Warren probably had a better team than us, but not 50 points better. I would say talent-wise..Belpre was no more than 5-10 points worse than anyone they played last year other than the Burg and Warren(they were just soo deep last year). I'm not saying that Belpre should have been 18-2 in the regular season..but they could have been better than they were. and btw, Belpre could have had Ewing...who IMO is a better option, sad thing is there were even better options than coach Ewing...but you play the hand you're dealt and make the best of it. I wish Belpre and the kids the best of luck this season and hopefully I'll be able to catch a few games..

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

Rashawn shoulda been varsity last year

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

KnowIt2 wrote:Rashawn shoulda been varsity last year
Last edited by otterslide on Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

:122248
Last edited by otterslide on Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

otterslide wrote:
KnowIt2 wrote:Rashawn shoulda been varsity last year

NO FREAKING WAY!!!
What he did when he was younger has not carried on. He was bigger and better when he was younger because he grew faster than other kids. Now those kids have caught up to him and passed him. Sorry!

Evidently you are just as bad a judge of basketball talent as you are football talent. You need to look at your own coaching skills, or lack of them before you downgrade a players talent. RaShawn's playing will speak for itself as he has already shown a lot of real Belpre fans that he is good enough to play varsity. You and your other coaching buddies have yet to prove yourselves.

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

Rashawn should not have been varsity last year..the speed of the game would have been too much for him..but he should be at the very least dressing for varsity (which he may be, I didnt go to the game). I think he could help this team on the varsity level to give Waderker a break every once in a while. He has nice size so he could guard the other teams 2 or 3 if they have an extremely quick player at the point and like i have said, sees the floor extremely well.

I'm not sure who you are to be judging talent saying all the other kids have "passed him by"...they caught him in the last few years, I will agree...but they definitely havent surpassed him. Although in little league and jr high, I would say Rashawn, Waderker, and Watkins were all about on the same level...so I dont even know who you would be referring to saying that "they" have passed him by...

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

Let me first say I am sorry to eaglepapaw. I should not have put those words in caps that sent the wrong message. I have seen you in football forums bash my own son. Its not real pleasant is it? However, I know your grandson has great talent. I have seen it throughout many of years. Again, I have seen things I didn't think was real good ither. As a kid he is a super guy! He is very funny and full of comedy. That you can't take away. I just think he needs to work alittle harder at what he wants. It is in him I have seen it. But something keeps him back. I don't know what it is. What I truly think is happening is we tend to put our kids on pedistals and they have no where to fall.
You have a tendency to always want to blame the coaches who put countless hours into doing their best to help the kids. Lets be truthful here. How many of the kids around our area are going to be D1 players in college? There maybe a few, but lets not put them up on the pedistal that isn't fair to them.
To address another statement. When I stated kids have passed him by I am simply stating this. Some kids when growing up mature faster than others. They get bigger, stronger, and pick up on things easier. Until those other kids catch up in the years and they are now growing, getting bigger, picking these things up but at a later age. They tend to work harder and then become better. Hopefully that makes a little more sense.

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

Coming from living in other large cities and volunteer coaching I have learned alot and seen alot of football talent. I think being at Pickerington Central and anywhere in Central Ohio I have seen plenty of football talent.
Last edited by otterslide on Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

Well, thats yet to show at Belpre

MaraudingBobcat
Waterboy

Post by MaraudingBobcat »

Congratulations to Coach Ewing and the Marauder basketball team on the great win to kickoff the season. Both student sections were into the game which made for a fun Friday night in Meigs County.

Otterslide...do you really find it necessary to discuss your opinion of the coachability, drive, dedication and desire of a young man on this kind of forum?? Sounds like you and Eaglepawpaw need to have this conversation offline...its not fair to the kids to use this forum as a soapbox for your coaching (armchair or otherwise) expectations or philosopies.

Wishing everyone a safe and successful season!

Go Meigs!

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

Congratulations to Coach Ewing on the opening TVC-Ohio win. Now lets hope my eagles can bounce back against warren.

Return to “Boys Basketball”