Minford @ Valley 12/9

oldfalcon
Waterboy

Re: Minford @ Valley 12/9

Post by oldfalcon »

Ruff ending for the falcons, they gotta hit free throws in the clutch. We also need to get it inside more. Evan Howard played amzing defense on yates. Mcbee is really good. Good game, but we have to make free throws at the end to win. If minford plays like that every game, we will win more than we lose.

In for the score - who do you think should play more? Is there anyone sitting on the bench that can hit free throws? We could have used them tonight!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

N4da'score wrote:Yes indeed I will agree about "Horrible officating" going bothways! Minford totally dominated this game at the start thru 4 qtrs. then the wheels came off by letting certain things get away from such as their game plan, by elimating the permiter shooting by the Indians. By biggest concern was seeing several VERY GOOD players for Minford sitting on the bench during regulation play and not entering until the 2nd OT period just for the purpose of fouling. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT? I know I've seen these boys play during their career at MHS and know that they would have made a difference in that game during regulation, and play'n some newbies.......COME ON SHOE.......does the B.O.E. got that much of a grip on your BB program? Make some changes and you could make a serious run for a SOC title.....IMO!!!!! :122249
What kind of changes do you think you are talking about?

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

oldfalcon wrote:Ruff ending for the falcons, they gotta hit free throws in the clutch. We also need to get it inside more. Evan Howard played amzing defense on yates. Mcbee is really good. Good game, but we have to make free throws at the end to win. If minford plays like that every game, we will win more than we lose.

In for the score - who do you think should play more? Is there anyone sitting on the bench that can hit free throws? We could have used them tonight!
I thought all the falcons played well on defense, Howard, and Gullion both.

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

NewEra wrote:
N4da'score wrote:Yes indeed I will agree about "Horrible officating" going bothways! Minford totally dominated this game at the start thru 4 qtrs. then the wheels came off by letting certain things get away from such as their game plan, by elimating the permiter shooting by the Indians. By biggest concern was seeing several VERY GOOD players for Minford sitting on the bench during regulation play and not entering until the 2nd OT period just for the purpose of fouling. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT? I know I've seen these boys play during their career at MHS and know that they would have made a difference in that game during regulation, and play'n some newbies.......COME ON SHOE.......does the B.O.E. got that much of a grip on your BB program? Make some changes and you could make a serious run for a SOC title.....IMO!!!!! :122249
What kind of changes do you think you are talking about?
This was the first time I seen Minford play this season,unless their play skills have diminished, I was refering to Gaines, Vallandingham and Berry.......these boys are to good to be sitting on the bench......IMO!

KeyMasterofDozier
Waterboy

Post by KeyMasterofDozier »

just some point totals I remember from Radio : Dwyer 17 : 9 from free throws , yates 9: game tying 3 in reg or 1st ot cant remember which , west 6 : 2 bigtime 3's, dunn 11 : off bench, riehl 14: big free throws in 2nd ot , crabtree 4. I cant remember Keller's points exactly anywhere from 6 to 9 ......and I agree Mcbee looked tired but he played hard the whole game but didnt have the touch late that he had in 1st half ...Valley threw some tall boys on him late and contested his shots better in 2nd half

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

It was a great game by both sides. Yeah the officiating was horrible but it's not like it was one sided as they killed either teams momentum before one could get rolling. Valley's D was tremendous in the 2nd half and both OTs. Good coaching call by pressing them and having confidence in their players to regain position once across half court. Valley, Minford, Waverly and Burg will all have a shot at the SOC this year. It's going to be a dog fight

ON THE ROCKS
Riding the Bench

Post by ON THE ROCKS »

You are correct n4dascore....why not use your bench...looked like minford had them on the ropes..but lost Their legs on the foul line...dumb all well your coach shoemaker has never won a big game .I see minford finishing 3rd in SOC....is Gaines hurt seen this kid play D in the past..As well as others on the bench..good luck to both teams..

thejoker
Riding the Bench

Post by thejoker »

Congrats to valley!

CCC
Riding the Bench

Post by CCC »

I guess beating valley by 20 last year wasn't a big game for coach shoemaker. I believe he had the perfect game plan for valley last night. the valley coaching staff had no idea how to attack the minford defense for four quarters and two overtime sessions. valley had yates and west hit three contested threes one from twenty feet out to take the game into the first OT. I would call that adjusting to the defense. that is simply players making shots when it counted. get off shoe's butt and take your biases and put them aside because your little jimmy or joe didn't play as much as you think he should. coach shoe has the players believing in what he is doing and for the first time in three year minford has the opportunity to do some good things. some of you people are never satisfied. coach shoe could play your little jimmy or joe the whole game and you would argue that he didn't get enough shots or it was someone elses fault. what some don't understand is by saying your little boy should be in the game, your insulting someone elses son in the same sentence. you can only have five on the floor at a time and from what i saw it was the best five out there at all times for that game and the situation coach soe was put in. get a life. if you don't want to support all the kids then don't come to the games. everyone is too selfish these days. it is much easier to criticize then to complement. misery loves company. another thing i would like to add how come we didn't here anyone questioning football coaches when they went 4-6 this year. everything i read said that the coaches will have them ready each week. you finally have a minford guy coaching minford kids and you don't want to support him. some of you people make me sick.

lrn4lf
Riding the Bench

Post by lrn4lf »

That is what is wrong with open enrollment. These Minford boys have worked their tails off to earn a starting spot or playing time and someone comes back and takes it away. Minford wasn't good enough 4 years ago when he left but now we are??? On the other end of it, he started for Burg for two years and leaves them. Not right! Go and stay or don't go at all.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

CCC wrote:I guess beating valley by 20 last year wasn't a big game for coach shoemaker. I believe he had the perfect game plan for valley last night. the valley coaching staff had no idea how to attack the minford defense for four quarters and two overtime sessions. valley had yates and west hit three contested threes one from twenty feet out to take the game into the first OT. I would call that adjusting to the defense. that is simply players making shots when it counted. get off shoe's butt and take your biases and put them aside because your little jimmy or joe didn't play as much as you think he should. coach shoe has the players believing in what he is doing and for the first time in three year minford has the opportunity to do some good things. some of you people are never satisfied. coach shoe could play your little jimmy or joe the whole game and you would argue that he didn't get enough shots or it was someone elses fault. what some don't understand is by saying your little boy should be in the game, your insulting someone elses son in the same sentence. you can only have five on the floor at a time and from what i saw it was the best five out there at all times for that game and the situation coach soe was put in. get a life. if you don't want to support all the kids then don't come to the games. everyone is too selfish these days. it is much easier to criticize then to complement. misery loves company. another thing i would like to add how come we
didn't here anyone questioning football coaches when they went 4-6 this year. everything i read said that the coaches will have them ready each week. you finally have a minford guy coaching minford kids and you don't want to support him. some of you people make me sick.
I agree and disagree... Minford had a great gameplan and the should have. They opened with Clay and had the opportunity to see Valley a few time before this game. I'm sure they've been preparing for Valley for a few weeks while Valley has had 3 big games before last night with very little practice time. Shoemaker is a good coach and so is Copley, it makes sense that Minford was ready for last night. Valley did take a while to adjust to Minford's D but I seen adjustments. The Valley boys look like a team learning a new system and a new coach. The fact that they battled and got back in the game is a testament to the team and coaches because Minford came out on fire! West and Yates hit some big big shots at the end of regulation but the Valley squad is gutsy. The fact that Vasley started late and is learning a new system shows but it also shows that they're athletes and competitors. Minford will win their share of games and last night has to tough to swallow but they are very well coached!

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

Good game

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

CCC wrote:I guess beating valley by 20 last year wasn't a big game for coach shoemaker. I believe he had the perfect game plan for valley last night. the valley coaching staff had no idea how to attack the minford defense for four quarters and two overtime sessions. valley had yates and west hit three contested threes one from twenty feet out to take the game into the first OT. I would call that adjusting to the defense. that is simply players making shots when it counted. get off shoe's butt and take your biases and put them aside because your little jimmy or joe didn't play as much as you think he should. coach shoe has the players believing in what he is doing and for the first time in three year minford has the opportunity to do some good things. some of you people are never satisfied. coach shoe could play your little jimmy or joe the whole game and you would argue that he didn't get enough shots or it was someone elses fault. what some don't understand is by saying your little boy should be in the game, your insulting someone elses son in the same sentence. you can only have five on the floor at a time and from what i saw it was the best five out there at all times for that game and the situation coach soe was put in. get a life. if you don't want to support all the kids then don't come to the games. everyone is too selfish these days. it is much easier to criticize then to complement. misery loves company. another thing i would like to add how come we didn't here anyone questioning football coaches when they went 4-6 this year. everything i read said that the coaches will have them ready each week. you finally have a minford guy coaching minford kids and you don't want to support him. some of you people make me sick.
I couldn't agree more and whoever it was talking about open enrollment..if ifs and buts were candy and nuts.. you know the saying. I guarantee if trips back in time were possible some of the decisions in the past on kids leaving would of been different, and the kid lives in the district he is going to school where he belongs. The best five players for Minford are on the floor, and anyone with any relative knowledge about the game can see that. Bob Knight "Never has someone thought they knew so much, but in fact knew so little"

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

lrn4lf wrote:That is what is wrong with open enrollment. These Minford boys have worked their tails off to earn a starting spot or playing time and someone comes back and takes it away. Minford wasn't good enough 4 years ago when he left but now we are??? On the other end of it, he started for Burg for two years and leaves them. Not right! Go and stay or don't go at all.
Lol .. Dont take a rocket scientist to figure out who this is ^^^^ .. Y'all got one the best gaurds in southern Ohio and are upset he is on the court ... Wow ??... Nice post New Era and CCC . Cldnt agree more

Return to “Boys Basketball”