Minford 55 Jackson 46

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Minford 55 Jackson 46

Post by Ironman92 »

Game @ Minford

Jackson was down big and made a big run late once the game was out of hand to make the score much closer.

Jackson started 1 senior, 3 juniors and a sophomore and was without their all-league junior Morgan Dobbins

Congrats and good luck to Minford.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Minford 55 Jackson 46

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson 17/56 shooting

9/21 from the free throw line

Jackson scoring (from memory)

D Newsome 15
Colt Chapman 3
Merlin Miller 6
Christman 1
Eric Landrum 6
A Brown 5
Winchester 5
K Newsome 5

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

GOOD job FALCONS. the cowgill kid is smooooooth

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

30% from the field and 43% from the line. That's not gonna get it done. Hopefully the Ironmen can improve and get things going.

Next game against Southeastern tomorrow, right?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think they play at 1:15 as the first Saturday game of the Chillicothe Hoops Classic (or whatever the Chilly tourney is called)

Hopefully Peebles ran the shoes off of Southeastern tonight so Jackson can get into the win column early.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

I think Jackson should handle Southeastern.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Thank your boys for doing their part bucknut!

I think we won 3 games last year.....and our best player won't be playing tomorrow.

Very emotional game for Coach Jordan I imagine!

FromTheBleachers
Waterboy

Post by FromTheBleachers »

I'd say you are right. Jackson is down this year to begin with and there is still a lot of tension between Jordan and the folks from Southeastern. It will be a stressful night for the first year at Jackson coach - whether the Ironmen pull down a win or not. Southeastern will leave everything they have on the court tonight.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

From the Chillicothe Hoops Showcase thread...

Southeastern 69 - Jackson 57 - Final.

The Ironmen led 30-28 at the half, but couldn't come out with the win.

Hopefully someone can give us a summary or a few comments about the game once they get home from Chillicothe.

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

bushmaster24 wrote:GOOD job FALCONS. the cowgill kid is smooooooth

How is he playing if he was at Wheelersburg last year? If he wanted to go to Wheelersburg for "greener grass" he should have stayed there. This open enrollment stuff is for the birds. Once you transfer out you should not be able to transfer back in. Gee I wonder why he left Wheelersburg? Maybe a down year there?

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Wow!! That final is a little surprising. For Southeastern to come back out and pick themselves up and get a win after their Friday night thumping by Peebles shows a lot of determination in that team. Congratulations to the young, rookie head coach of Southeastern in getting his first Varsity win over Jackson.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Ironmen02.....I was courtside in Chillicothe for Jackson vs. Southeastern Saturday.

Close game throughout the first three quarters, and Jackson actually led 26-19 in the second period.

But Southeastern came back and made it 30-28 Jackson at half.

At the end of third, Jackson's Dylan Newsom nailed a tremendous three at the buzzer, banked it in off the glass from the right wing with two guys in his face and a third coming over to help. That energized the Ironmen and tied the game 46-46.

But Jackson didn't score for the first four minutes of the fourth, only had four field goal attempts and six turnovers in that same time span. By then, it was 57-46 SE.

In talking to Coach Jordan after the game, we talked primarily about inconsistency in execution for the Ironmen. For every one good play they make, they make two or three poor ones and it's more execution than anything else.

Do-Your-Job
Riding the Bench

Post by Do-Your-Job »

bucknut 23 wrote:Wow!! That final is a little surprising. For Southeastern to come back out and pick themselves up and get a win after their Friday night thumping by Peebles shows a lot of determination in that team. Congratulations to the young, rookie head coach of Southeastern in getting his first Varsity win over Jackson.

Surprising? Are you aware that Jackson won only 3 games last year, their best returning player is suspended and their best two players from two years ago are at Oak Hill? I don't know of any team in the entire state of Ohio that would be considered an underdog against Jackson in basketball. It will be a long season for the Ironmen.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Thanks for the summary, keyser_soze78.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Do-Your-Job wrote:
bucknut 23 wrote:Wow!! That final is a little surprising. For Southeastern to come back out and pick themselves up and get a win after their Friday night thumping by Peebles shows a lot of determination in that team. Congratulations to the young, rookie head coach of Southeastern in getting his first Varsity win over Jackson.

Surprising? Are you aware that Jackson won only 3 games last year, their best returning player is suspended and their best two players from two years ago are at Oak Hill? I don't know of any team in the entire state of Ohio that would be considered an underdog against Jackson in basketball. It will be a long season for the Ironmen.

Do-Your-Job,

I am sorry to say, but... I have to agree with you. Coach Larry Jordan is an excellent coach and mentor, but he's got a lot on his plate this year to overcome in one basketball season.

Good Luck Ironmen.

Valvano4Life
Waterboy

Post by Valvano4Life »

Southeastern had a 3-18 season, and only has one returning starter Monroe, and two or three bench players from last year that are back Elam, Guysinger, and Osborne.

They are an old inexperienced team.

outsiders
Waterboy

Post by outsiders »

i think jackson will be fine, we have a lot of fine atheletes that aren't even playing basketball, some of which were on the team and left for some reason or another, but, on the other hand you are young, i think jackson has some great talent coming up. Jordan will do great as will the boys. keep up your heads jackson fans :12223

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Jackson lost to Athens tonight, 68-58, leaving them at 0-3 for the season.

The Ironmen will travel to Meigs on Saturday according to the schedule on the school website.

Return to “Boys Basketball”