Best Gurad Tandems Southeast Ohio

ncballers
Waterboy

Best Gurad Tandems Southeast Ohio

Post by ncballers »

Portsmouth has two very good ones in Horne, Bendolph

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Best Gurad Tandems Southeast Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Haven't seen a lot of teams play yet, but I can second ncballers endorsement of Andrew Bendolph and Tory Horne. Portsmouth has a LONG history of great backcourts, but I would rank this one as probably the best since the Trojans' 1988 state championship team which featured Patrick Tubbs and Ricky White.

One of the perks of having Bendolph and Horne is that both will back next season.

Sharpshooter21
Waterboy

Post by Sharpshooter21 »

Yes that probably is the best tandem around here

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Justice and Seaman of Peebles are worth mentioning.

Justice is one of the best scorers in the district as a sophomore and Seaman is a very good guard that is 6'2-6'3 and a very good shooter.

Ondera/Borden of Oak Hill....not sure if Borden is playing shooting guard or not....but he definately could

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Fairland has 3 outstanding guards if Hatfield ever learns better shot selection they would be hard to handle.

Bricklayer
Riding the Bench

Post by Bricklayer »

Really if you look at it Portsmouth when Forrest Johnson is healthy you have Bendolph, Horne, and Johnson. What coach won't want the starting five that portsmouth has " Bendolph, horne, johnson, williams, and cadogan".

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

johnson,and cadogan has not started yet, Zack Link,and Jacob Stevens has been the other tqo in there with Bendolph,Horne,and Williams the first two games, but the others did get plenty of time,with a couple others off the bench

pdracing23
Riding the Bench

Post by pdracing23 »

Adam Blake, Tim Congrove, and Brandon Amann from Logan Elm

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

I agree with the backcourts mentioned of Portmouth's and Peebles'. The good thing about all four of these players is that they will all be around next year as well. Seaman with his size and athleticism is going to make a big difference in the style of play for Peebles this year. He had a big game the first night out with 23 points and they came within the flow of the offense and on transition and he didn't force any shots.

Tonight against Whiteoak and tomorrow against Alexander will be two good tests for the Indians. I stopped in and watched a little of practice this week and Justice was really shooting the ball well.

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Portsmouth has a very good backcourt and if i'm not mistaken, they have all starters back from last season.They will be hard to handle.

Donger
Waterboy

Post by Donger »

Gotta go with Logan Elm, Coach Stiverson knows how to get the best out his guys.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth does have all 5 starters back, but as biggdowgg said, Johnson and Cadogen are not starting at least right now. Horne has replaced Johnson at the other guard slot, while in the South Webster game Jacob Stevens was the other starter. Zack Link has been getting a lot of minutes because he has shown a lot of improvement.

Forrest and Nate are still very important to the Trojans' rotation, though...........

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

trojandave wrote:Portsmouth does have all 5 starters back, but as biggdowgg said, Johnson and Cadogen are not starting at least right now. Horne has replaced Johnson at the other guard slot, while in the South Webster game Jacob Stevens was the other starter. Zack Link has been getting a lot of minutes because he has shown a lot of improvement.

Forrest and Nate are still very important to the Trojans' rotation, though...........

I know this does'nt mean much but Bendolph did'nt start against Mcclain and I was wondering why.He impressed me alot as that was th 1st time I got to see him play the kid can flat out handle the ball.Good luck to the Trojans.

Shooter McGavin
Waterboy

Post by Shooter McGavin »

Amman, Congrove, and Blake. Period. No contest.

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Shooter McGavin wrote:Amman, Congrove, and Blake. Period. No contest.

Where are these 3 going to college?

Shooter McGavin
Waterboy

Post by Shooter McGavin »

I'm not sure... Perhaps some Logan Elm faithful can help us out here?

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

Hatfield, Bloomfield, Fisher, and Jordan are all four outstanding players with excellent speed..all four can shoot and get to the basket

go fairland!!

gymratt
Freshman Team

Post by gymratt »

Have to go with LE. It must be nice to get two good transfers to go with an already stacked team. lol. Can't wait for Chilli and LE to face off.

tiger_balla
Freshman Team

Post by tiger_balla »

Dog,

In the past 1/2 century!
Wolf and Reese???

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Not saying they are the best, but Grillo and Allen seem to be doing a solid job of filling the void when Stewart and Eberts graduated from VC.

Return to “Boys Basketball”