LOGAN @ VINTON COUNTY TUESDAY 12/9/08

Buckeye Boy
Waterboy

Re: LOGAN @ VINTON COUNTY TUESDAY 12/9/08

Post by Buckeye Boy »

It is tough to win at VC. No doubt. I thought Logan was the better team. VC played a great game. Good aggressive defense.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

The Razor wrote:Surprise!Surprise!Surprise!
Angle in foul trouble. VC is sent to the line with 1 second left. How did I know this would happen.

The Razor wrote: Logan will have a tough time playing 5 on 8.

I must be able to see the future.

The Razor,

No say ain't so.....Homers on the bench at VC :?: :shock:

If that is true, that's a shame. If it was, no need to worry Logan, carry on, if the VIKES make it to the Convo, and are fortunate, the same results will take place this season as well, and the SEOAL Chillicothe Cavaliers will be playing their subs by the 2nd quarter. :-D

Time will tell.

One thing for sure, there won't be enough homers at the Convo to help them in that game, that is, if they are lucky to get there. There are to many players that occupy our Cavalier bench that could start for their team and still have a few to spare and go on down the road to start for any other TVC-Ohio or Hocking Division School. :-D

Good Luck Logan.

I really hope that wasn't true.
Last edited by BuckeyeCAV on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

Vinton County won the game. Theres nothing you can do now. Would they of won if the game was at Logan, probably not, but everyone plays better at home. Congratulations Vikings, way to represent the TVC-Ohio....TVC-Ohio looking pretty good so far with N-Y beating Fed Hock, Alex beating Maysville and VC beating Logan. Looks to be a competitve year in the TVC!

trubbguru
Riding the Bench

Post by trubbguru »

Attened this one what a shame for officials to have that big a factor on the outcome of a HIGHSCHOOL game.Worst seen in awhile. after VC coach get a T for argueing a call when if you know the rule book the kid could have been ejected it all went VC way after that. And the last 5 sec of game what a shamble. The kid from logan drives rt side of lane and got assulted by 3 VC players who stole ball and then Logan called for a touch foul in back court . Tell me that wasnt a job. But you canb expect nothing less in the TVC With that crew 1 used to be the AD at Fed and the other used to coach there.

vikefan
Freshman Team

Post by vikefan »

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Has Logan won at all this year?

vikefan
Freshman Team

Post by vikefan »

No, at present they are 0-2. This is no doubt attributable to the shadow conspiracy of the TVC and the vast power they wield in intimidating officials. When you consider how powerful this group is, it is a small miracle that any school outside the TVC is able to notch a win during the season. Just mentioning this group on SEOPS places any posters life in danger. With that being said to appease the Chilli posters, Logan has a good team and the record of 0-2 will not stay that way for very long. They are athletic, can shoot the lights out long distance and are a scrappy defensive team. This was a good game that ultimately came down to either who made a mistake in the final seconds or who had last possession. Frankly, both teams played well and despite the score, Logan should not feel down about the outcome. They impressed everyone at the game and they will have a great season.
Last edited by vikefan on Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

FLASH-G
Riding the Bench

Post by FLASH-G »

athens78 wrote:Wow sounds like Logan is making excuses already.

I agree 78 Logan soon will be crying to get in the TVC or somewhere they can compete.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

According to pfloyd stats 24 turnovers won't help you win many games.

bleedpurple
Waterboy

Post by bleedpurple »

The same players make the turnovers. Myers does not use his bench nor the talent that he has there is no chem amoung them, Go to a game and look the players do they look liek they enjoy basketball??? Look at Myers make a total fool of himself yelling and stopping his feet

lil vike supporter
Waterboy

Post by lil vike supporter »

Great game! VC graduated a lot of talent, but the first year varsity players that Royster developed really stepped up. Combs has been very successful with the talent that Royster has developed over the years. Don't know what the future holds, though, with the Vikings now being Roysterless.

Shooter McGavin
Waterboy

Post by Shooter McGavin »

A few points here:

The officiating last night was God-awful, on both sides. Vinton County showed a lot of heart and guts and for that they should be commended. Kudos to Logan as well, they will be a tough out for anyone in the SEOAL.

Yes, Royster did a lot for Vinton County. His contributions were not the only ones though. Give credit where credit is due, a lot of people were involved in this development and it would not have been possible without good KIDS.

primetime_08
Waterboy

Post by primetime_08 »

like is said a few days ago...logan always seems to have a lot of talented athletes but can never pull it through..to be honest...i think logan played scared...because they know vc's tradition of always bringing it..and always being good...if logan looks to be as succesfull in basketball as they are inh football they need to teach their kids how to win...because once you figure it out..its contageous....soon everyone in every sport gets the pride and now your a well rounded school as far as atheltics go....maybe the vc football program should hang with logans football program lern a few things and have our besketball program teach your basketball program what it takes to win basketball games.......off the topic now.......grillo did shoot more but he shot nervouse as soon as that kid gets confidence and can slow down his mind he'll be the best guard in the area..dill is def. proving that frankie g and mrs.G have the dna to produce darn good ball players..

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

like is said a few days ago...logan always seems to have a lot of talented athletes but can never pull it through..to be honest...i think logan played scared...because they know vc's tradition of always bringing it..and always being good...if logan looks to be as succesfull in basketball as they are inh football they need to teach their kids how to win...because once you figure it out..its contageous....soon everyone in every sport gets the pride and now your a well rounded school as far as atheltics go....maybe the vc football program should hang with logans football program lern a few things and have our besketball program teach your basketball program what it takes to win basketball games.......

HUH??

:?

You are either really young or really high. Logan was scared?? After playing Zanesville, Lancaster, Newark and Chillicothe the last few years, I highly doubt Logan would be scared of playing anyone outside of Brookhaven or Northland. I do scratch my head at how Logan can have so many talented kids and be 0-2 already. It takes time to gel, so here's hoping they can mesh and get it rolling.

cowboy nut 88
Riding the Bench

Post by cowboy nut 88 »

good athletes no coach.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Logan grad wrote:
like is said a few days ago...logan always seems to have a lot of talented athletes but can never pull it through..to be honest...i think logan played scared...because they know vc's tradition of always bringing it..and always being good...if logan looks to be as succesfull in basketball as they are inh football they need to teach their kids how to win...because once you figure it out..its contageous....soon everyone in every sport gets the pride and now your a well rounded school as far as atheltics go....maybe the vc football program should hang with logans football program lern a few things and have our besketball program teach your basketball program what it takes to win basketball games.......

HUH??

You are either really young or really high. Logan was scared?? After playing Zanesville, Lancaster, Newark and Chillicothe the last few years, I highly doubt Logan would be scared of playing anyone outside of Brookhaven or Northland. I do scratch my head at how Logan can have so many talented kids and be 0-2 already. It takes time to gel, so here's hoping they can mesh and get it rolling.

I would love to see VC invite Chillicothe to come to McArthur and play the VIKES. I bet it would still be the same way as at the past two Convo Meetings. Even if they did have homers running the floor for them. The subs for the CAVS would be playing by the 2nd quarter. Then, by the end of the 3rd quarter, their fan base would start exiting the gym.

But with that said, don't see an invite coming from Combs and Company anytime soon to that other SEOAL School that close to McArthur....i.e., Chillicothe. :-D

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

BuckeyeCAV wrote:
Logan grad wrote:

HUH??

I would love to see VC invite Chillicothe to come to McArthur and play the VIKES. I bet it would still be the same way as at the past two Convo Meetings. Even if they did have homers running the floor for them. The subs for the CAVS would be playing by the 2nd quarter. Then, by the end of the 3rd quarter, their fan base would start exiting the gym.

But with that said, don't see an invite coming from Combs and Company anytime soon to that other SEOAL School that close to McArthur....i.e., Chillicothe. :-D

Actually Jackson is closer and VC plays them every year. What an idiot (ie.. you) . Why dont you stick to your threads and praise the Cavs over there. By the way I think it will be interesting to see what type of record the Cavs have come end of the season.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

BLUEGRASSVIKE,

No, I think you are the idiot. Looks like we'll see. I wouldn't doubt you all don't make it out of the sectionals this year. Must be nice to have homers. One day you just might get enough courage to play Chillicothe from the SEOAL in the regular season. We have already seen what a small D4 Ross County SVC School can do at your place, like last season. Remember? :-D

Huntington ring a bell?

And the two Convo meetings.....maybe that has something to do with not wanting to play any Ross County Teams in the Regular Season. Are you all playing SE-Ross this season? If so where? If it's at the Homer Gym, I think SE-Ross will have to be ready. If it's at SE-Ross, looks like it could be a quiet ride back down Rt. 50 towards McArthur.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Pay no attention to BrowneyeCav the reason he is soooo passionate about his Cavs is because he is actually their pregame FLUFFER!!!!! It just goes to show that hard work and dedication can help you reach your dreams. Browneye you are a true inspiration to us all, "If you can dream you can do it". Congrats on all of your success I hear from the locker rooms your fluufing is second to none and really helps get rid of those pregame gitters. Who needs Humpty and Chambers when youve got good ole browneye in your corner. Again congrats on all of your successes.

vikefan
Freshman Team

Post by vikefan »

BuckeyeCav is the strongest argument to-date that I have seen in favor of legalized abortion.

Return to “Boys Basketball”