LOGAN @ VINTON COUNTY TUESDAY 12/9/08

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Re: LOGAN @ VINTON COUNTY TUESDAY 12/9/08

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Is it because Combs and the VIKES are afraid to play Chillicothe from the SEOAL in the regular season, knowing the score wouldn't be pretty, even at the Homer Gym? :-D

Steel Reserve
Riding the Bench

Post by Steel Reserve »

BuckeyeCAV and Army are one and the same. Ignore him. superstar, you are right, the criminal population of McArthur would double as soon as Chillicothe's bus came inside the city limits of your small community.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Maybe they have homers at VC but I can't wait to see what happens when they start tournament play. Then their talent will really show, what they are about.

VC FAN
Waterboy

Post by VC FAN »

CONGRATULATIONS VIKINGS on a great game Tuesday,listening on the radio sounded like a barn burner,sorry we missed it,GOOD LUCK at the convo!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

A typical ARMY post........buckeyeCAV...you weren't even there and since you are from Wellston and your current team is defending champs you jump on here at nearly every chance at VC (and Jackson as well).

You can't make posts like that and have anyone believe that you are not ARMY.

It does sound like VC got some beneficial calls at the end.....but you can't have that many turnovers and expect to win

And again.....Combs had built a very solid program.

Good Luck to both squads the rest of the way.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Hey Browneye (or should I say Army),
Get that thing out of your mouth and worry about the Cavs not VC. Whats the deal are you trying to switch locker rooms? You seem awlfully interested in VC's program. Ill tell you what Ill put in a good word for you with Combs. Ive heard a lot of good things about you and your, lets say talents, in the Chilly locker room. I dont think the Vikes would let riff raff like you in the same zip code as their team, but hey keep you fingers crossed. Where there is a will theres a way right?

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Ironman92 wrote:A typical ARMY post........buckeyeCAV...you weren't even there and since you are from Wellston and your current team is defending champs you jump on here at nearly every chance at VC (and Jackson as well).

You can't make posts like that and have anyone believe that you are not ARMY.

It does sound like VC got some beneficial calls at the end.....but you can't have that many turnovers and expect to win

And again.....Combs had built a very solid program.

Good Luck to both squads the rest of the way.

Sorry no Army here. Again you are wrong.

I wonder how your Ironmen will do against the VIKES? Even better, against the CAVS :?: :-D

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

HaterAid wrote:Hey Browneye (or should I say Army),
Get that thing out of your mouth and worry about the Cavs not VC. Whats the deal are you trying to switch locker rooms? You seem awlfully interested in VC's program. Ill tell you what Ill put in a good word for you with Combs. Ive heard a lot of good things about you and your, lets say talents, in the Chilly locker room. I dont think the Vikes would let riff raff like you in the same zip code as their team, but hey keep you fingers crossed. Where there is a will theres a way right?

HaterAid,

You might want to take that .....out of your mouth. The name suits you well. Number one I am not Army. Number two, it's a shame that your Homers helped defeat Logan last night. Number three, ask your buddy combs why he runs from enteraining the thought of scheduling the Chillicothe CAVS in the regular season. Invite the CAVS to come to Homer Gym and see if that happens to the CAVS from the SEOAL. Your homers could foul out the starting lineup and our second and third team could win against the VC Homers. The results will be the same as at the Convo. A disappointing game for the VIKE FANS :!: :-D

Watching them leaving the GYM early. :-D

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

So you are fooling who? You joined the day after ARMY was banned for a while, you are a huge Chilly fan, you bash VC and Jackson at will and you use the smilies and you are from Wellston just like ARMY.

OK

Post one thing to prove you are not ARMY....until then no way can I believe it.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Coach Combs has done a GREAT JOB, those kids play hard and will run through walls for him!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

So apparently Vinton County is the Jackson of basketball season for Army/BuckeyeCav.

Have fun with him Vike fans...he's a real treat!

vikefan
Freshman Team

Post by vikefan »

Move on guys....BuckeyeCav/Army is clearly not worth the effort.
Last edited by vikefan on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Ironman92 wrote:So you are fooling who? You joined the day after ARMY was banned for a while, you are a huge Chilly fan, you bash VC and Jackson at will and you use the smilies and you are from Wellston just like ARMY.

OK

Post one thing to prove you are not ARMY....until then no way can I believe it.

ironman02 wrote:So apparently Vinton County is the Jackson of basketball season for Army/BuckeyeCav.

Have fun with him Vike fans...he's a real treat!

I wasn't going to chime in here, but I can't let this go on with the three stooges, Hater Aid, Ironmen92 and 02 puffing smoke on here. I must admit, whoever BuckeyeCAV is I applaud him for taking up for Logan a fellow SEOAL Team. I even heard from a Chilly Poster through a PM, that BuckeyeCAV was at the game last night in McArthur.

As for your ignorance Ironman92 and 02, it's still with us. BuckeyeCAV is not Army but he sounds like a great Cavalier and SEOAL Fan.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hey Einstein...lol

Who was that PM? lol

Here is YOUR post pretty much saying you were not at the game.

BuckeyeCAV Post subject: Re: LOGAN @ VINTON COUNTY TUESDAY 12/9/08Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:07 am

SE

Surprise!Surprise!Surprise!
Angle in foul trouble. VC is sent to the line with 1 second left. How did I know this would happen.

The Razor wrote:
Logan will have a tough time playing 5 on 8.

I must be able to see the future.

The Razor,

No say ain't so.....Homers on the bench at VC

If that is true, that's a shame. If it was, no need to worry Logan, carry on, if the VIKES make it to the Convo, and are fortunate, the same results will take place this season as well, and the SEOAL Chillicothe Cavaliers will be playing their subs by the 2nd quarter.

ZERO people on this site believe you. You are truely AWESOME.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Hey by the way...how did the Ironmen do at Meigs tonight?

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Game is Saturday...not tonight.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

No I wasn't at McArthur. That was incorrect.

Minford 55 - Jackson 46...SOC II
Southeastern 69 - Jackson 57..SVC
Athens 68 - Jackson 58..TVC-Ohio

Saturday Jackson vs Meigs?..TVC-Ohio

Hopefully Larry can get the program rolling at Jackson.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

You better be careful going back and forth like that you might confuse yourself.

Hey..how about you and army post back and forth to each other.....that might be fun.

I can't believe you haven't thought of that.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Browneye, you are a treat for everyone on here. It is sooooo easy to make you look like a jack a$$, because, afterall you are Army, I cant wait to see the same f-ups we saw last year on stats and everything else Army posted. If you are not him you are his clone. Have a good evening and try not to FLUFF the neighbors.

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

MCARTHUR - It would be easy to believe that Vinton County's basketball program would take a dip going into the 2008-09 season after the loss of key seniors last year.

However, it is apparent that all they do is reload.

Junior Dylan Guthrie scored 13 points and senior Jake Prater added 10 in leading Vinton County to a 45-44 victory over Logan on Tuesday to improve to 2-0 on the season.

The Vikings defeated Wellston 67-45 in the season opener last Friday.

"Tonight was a hard fought victory," said Vinton County head coach Matt Combs. "We wrote on the top of our board to believe in yourself and have confidence themselves and I think the people in the locker room is the only ones, who might've believed we would get it done.

"Logan is a great team and they are going to win a lot of basketball games this year. Coach Myers and I have been friends for a while and I told him after the game, I hated the way it ended for him, because it was one of those games where neither team deserved to lose."

Logan (0-2) made four of eight three-point attempts in the second half, including two in a row to pull within two points in the final 2:31of the game. The Chieftains finished 7-of-17 from beyond the arc.

Patrick Angle led Logan with 17 points, including four three-point field goals in the contest.

The Vikings made 7-of-10 free throws for the game, with the most important one coming with just 1.9 seconds remaining when junior Andy Grillo made the first of two free throws to seal the win.

"I told Andy, you go to the line and give us a heart-attack on the first free throw, then on the second one, we told him to hit the rim and miss it and he puts up an air ball," said Combs. "I've decided that I'm just going to let him make it from now on."

After a fifth lead change and fourth tie, Angle's fourth three-pointer with 2:31 left in the game created a momentum swing and 24 seconds later Jeff Dietz connected on a pair of free throws to even the contest.

"Patrick Angle is a complete stud out there," Combs said. "But we tried the best we could on him, but he still got 17 points. Overall, I thought at least we made him work hard for his points and that is all we can do against a kid like that.

"Luckily for us, they didn't have their best shooting night, but fortunately for us, it was maybe their off night and our kids played well and that's what happens. We are real happy to get the win."

Grillo scored eight points and dished out seven assists and Ethan Allen added six points, six rebounds, four assists and two steals for the Vikings.

Logan shot 37.5 percent from the field, including 41 percent from beyond the three-point arc, while Vinton County shot 36.7 percent from the field.

The Chieftains also held a 29-24 edge in rebounds.

However, Logan could not shake a troublesome turnover night, as they committed 21 for the game, as compared to 14 for Vinton County.

The Vikings will return to action on Saturday night against South Point in the final game of the Alexander Hoops Classic at the Ohio University Convocation Center. The tip-time is scheduled for 9:15 p.m.

Logan 16 9 6 13 - 44

VCHS 14 12 11 8 - 45

LOGAN (44)

Patrick Angle 5 3-3 17, Jordan Rutter 1 0-0 3, Mason Mays 4 0-0 9, Kyle Abram 1 0-0 3, Kyle Guess 0 0-0 0, Jeff Dietz 1 4-4 6, Derek Hart 2 0-0 4, Chase Colliton 0 0-0 0, Jon King 1 0-0 2. TOTALS: 15 7-7 44; 3-point goals: 7 (Angle 4, Rutter 1, Mays 1, Abram 1).

VINTON COUNTY (45)

Andy Grillo 3 2-3 8, Taylor Reed 0 0-0 0, Levi Lawhead 1 1-2 3, Ethan Allen 2 2-2 6, Adam Ward 2 0-0 5, Steve Thompson 0 0-0 0, Dylan Guthrie 5 2-3 13, Jake Prater 5 0-1 10. TOTALS: 18 7-10 45; 3-point goals: 2 (Ward 1, Guthrie 1).

Return to “Boys Basketball”