Valley @ Western...

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Re: Valley @ Western...

Post by Hitops2.0 »

penwell was frustrated and did get into foul trouble, and that is being taken out game mentally because watching his facial expressions he was very frustrated

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

smithson does put a very soft shot but the whole team just never got going and it snowballed they'll be okay

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

in the first half western was lucky to get the ball past half court zince ended up haveing to break the press rebound deffend pass and it was just to much i checked the book after the game he had 25 penwell was about the only help he got but foul trouble hurt him like 60ft has said before deffens and rebounding we did little of either valley could have very very easily scored 100 but there coach pulled them back out of respect for his opponet our weaknesses were not exposed they were glowing like a flame thrower my hat goes off to shanks he played like a trooper but we were out hustled at every level of the game.our boys are very big and talented but i hope this is an eye opener for the boys and they turn it into a positive reputation only gets you to the gym you still have to play once you are there.we were shell shocked from 1min on and didnt recover. we took a but kicking but i dont know if any teams in our league have that much athletic ability they nutralized our size buy the press and keeping us out of our comfort zone for those western fans that are famillier with the team it looked alot like what hunington ross did to us wast year.keep your heads up boys that happened last year and we won anouther sectional title so lets get back to work and use this game as a motivator for the league.

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

another thing i noticed is that penwell has got good hops he goes hard to the basket

baller2408
Waterboy

Post by baller2408 »

i think that smithson is playing very lazy this year. he thinks it should be given to him because his freshman year and sophmore year he always had mike and jeremy to turn to, last year keir and downing but now he has to step up and after i have seen the preseason for him i am not impressed at all. and yes penwell does have great hoops he was off from the three pt range tonight however and that hurt them alot

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

nah, I know Bobbie and he doesn't think that....Its the first game of the year...Give him time...He will show you what he is capable of.....

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

i meant that penwell can jump very well "HOPS" but i agree he did not get on track tonite. western will be ok, they can play. every team can have a bad game that is why they play the game. shoot, valley may never have another game like this either.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

hey 60ft bobby did ok he was just matched up with a guard and they pressured the ball well we couldnt get into our offense to get him involved and take advantage of his height in the half court set.

behind the backboard
Waterboy

Post by behind the backboard »

very much agree with baller, smithson played very weak for his size & i might add shanks didnt kick in until end of 3rd quarter...Penwell got into foul trouble and that was the ONLY thing that killed him..i believe that he would of scored at least 15-20 pts if he didnt get into foul trouble..the boys have to learn how to play as a team..i say give them 3 more games and we will see the real western!

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

how can you say that when he never got to use his size we couldnt get the ball past half court you cant make that statement when our guards couldnt get us into the offens to see bobby play they took him out of the game by pressureing the ball bobby isnt a guard so to say he was lazy is not right he needs a guard to set the offense up to have succses he cant go end to end with the ball and finish thats not the type of player he is. he has to be in an half court offens to display his ability.

behind the backboard
Waterboy

Post by behind the backboard »

smithson has shown he is lazy these past 2 games...for a boy that tall to get up by the rim and cant pull down a rebound..yea i call that lazy..every ball he touched fell right out of his hands tonight..

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

Valley: 59-26 at the half

Utley 22
Cunningham 18
Yates 17
Arbaugh 14
Winters 13
Gibson 4
Ross 2
Chaffin 2
L. Keller 1

baller2408
Waterboy

Post by baller2408 »

i agree that bobby is not a point guard but he had alot of turn overs because he threw lazy passes that got picked off. I have been to a few practices and bobby does not work. He works out in the weight room and doesnt go shoot afterwords. The last two games he has played lazy and he played lazy in the scimmages. I am not impressed.

Mr_player
Freshman Team

Post by Mr_player »

i as well am not impressed

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

You guys are ridiculous.....THIS IS THE FIRST GAME.....
Last edited by 60ft.6in. on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

How can you say that you aren't impressed and he is a lazy player if you have only seen one game....?

stiff jr.
Waterboy

Post by stiff jr. »

yeah i agree that smithson played very weak....i will take credit for our loss. i promise you that you will see a different smithson on friday

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

I would really like to see the stats for this game (fg%,ft%,reb,ass,to,st, the whole nine yards). What kind of press did Valley use? Zone/Full Court Man, Run and Jump - Man, etc??? What defesne did Valley use once Western broke half court? Thanks for any information - just curious.

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

coach?

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

last post wasnt supposed to have a "booty" for a stat - sry (LOL)

Return to “Boys Basketball”