Meigs Vs. Jackson 12-10

SeoBasketballFan
Waterboy

Meigs Vs. Jackson 12-10

Post by SeoBasketballFan »

Jackson comes to Larry R Morrison gym to take on the Marauders Sat. night any thoughts or predictions?

eaglefan1
Varsity

Re: Meigs Vs. Jackson 12-10

Post by eaglefan1 »

I dont know much about Jackson, so i dont have a prediction...but hopefully the Marauders can represent the TVC-Ohio, best of luck to Coach Ewing and Meigs.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Today is 12-10. I'm assuming the date in the title should read 12-13.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

eaglefan1,

Jackson is 0-3 at the moment. Here are their results to this point in the season.

Minford 55 - Jackson 46
Southeastern 69 - Jackson 57
Athens 68 - Jackson 58

Hopefully the Ironmen can get things goin in the right direction this weekend.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I definately saw some goo things in the 1st half vs Athens.

Our big guy Christman had 10 first half points...but had a couple silly/tired fouls and fouled out very early....when he was in Jackson actually looked to have a nice flow. Eric Landrum was a great spark off the bench and wouldn't be surprised if he took over a starting role. Our best active player Newsome just couldn't get a close shot to go and our best player still has 1 game left to miss. And as a team.....I've never, ever seen so many missed layups.

IF they keep their heads up they will surprise some teams....and the JV team is pretty good with size and the future doesn't look too bad.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Glad to hear that there are some positive things happening. Maybe everything will come together soon and the Ironmen can get a few wins under their belt. As long as they continue to improve, things will get better eventually.

Landrum is just a very good all-around athlete. He seems to have great instincts that you just can't teach from what I have seen on the football field. I'm sure that translates over to basketball as well.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I'd say even more so on the bball court. He doesn't handle the pressure great...but he's one of our better ones....but his court vison and passing angles are 2nd to none for Jackson....plus he has surprisingly good touch shooting. From what I've seen so far he just brings something to the court that the others don't.

Brown is also a very good passer and the big guy has a good understanding of how to use what he has which is good size and good hands.

And Dylan Newsome is the best under 6'0 rebounder I've seen....if he was 6'4 no one else would ever get a rebound.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

Good luck to the Marauders and Coach Ewing, represent the TVC-Ohio.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

ironman02 wrote:eaglefan1,

Jackson is 0-3 at the moment. Here are their results to this point in the season.

Minford 55 - Jackson 46....................................SOC II
Southeastern 69 - Jackson 57...........................SVC
Athens 68 - Jackson 58.....................................TVC-Ohio

Hopefully the Ironmen can get things goin in the right direction this weekend.

Minford 55 - Jackson 46....................................SOC II
Southeastern 69 - Jackson 57...........................SVC
Athens 68 - Jackson 58.....................................TVC-Ohio
Jackson vs Meigs?.............................................TVC-Ohio

Hmmmmmm..............Hopefully Larry can get the program rolling at Jackson.

baseballmeigs
Waterboy

Post by baseballmeigs »

Hopefully Meigs will win. I got confidence in them. I might not be a big fan but i got balls to help our school spirit. Most kids dont thats kinda a problem with Meigs and District. Our kids are scared for their voices to be heard. I hope Meigs Get better at sports and education later down the line.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Live on "The Frog" 92.1 FM

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Post by Crazy Legs »

Hopefully Jackson can get the win. I think one win and they will come in bunches, they are still learning and are a very young team. Coach Jordan seen and done it I am confiendent he knows what to do to get some "w's".

This game: Jackson 55 Meigs 50 ;-)

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Meigs has too much talent. Coach Jordan has his work cut out for him.

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

Meigs can win this game...I look for Gabe and Jake to stay hot. Smith had a rough game shooting last week but those shots will fall...and when they do you better look out. meigs has plenty of men that can shoot from behide the arch. Another kid to watch will be Davis..didnt play much last week cuz he was ill ..but when he was in..he brought a great spark to the floor .But before Meigs can play this game...they must take care of Athens friday night first.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Tough road trip for Jackson early in the year. I think Coach Jordan will eventually get this thing going in the right direction, the Jackson folk just need to give it some time.

Best of luck to both teams.

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

Meigs can win this game, just play smart and work hard...meigs will have help from the new and improved student section..."the calvary"...away teams and fans be warned!!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Hardfowl...Have the set a makeup game with River Valley?

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Jottings,

Nothing final yet. They are looking at Feb. 7th or the 14th.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Thanks. Hope we don't have any more this weekend.

DUSTIN FORD FAN
Waterboy

Post by DUSTIN FORD FAN »

So, I realize Coach Jordan is a living legend of southeastern Ohio but honestly I saw some of the worst high school coaching I've ever seen Tuesday against Athens. The first half was pretty fun to watch, Ironmen leading 36-33 at halftime and Jordan made some good moves. Second half, different question, he barely ever left the bench and was very "unvocal." To top it all off, with 3:31 left in the game and the Ironmen down by 13, he pulls the starters and puts in the JV's. Pulling the plug in that situation? A 4 or 5 possession game over 3 and a half mins is still in the cards and this was just brutal to watch. Coach Jordan will have to prove to me that he actually cares about winning before I go to another game at my alma mater this season.

Talked to Dobbins after the game, he threw a couple stats at me, I think we had 15 TO's in the first half alone and I think 21 missed layups. He also reminded me that he dropped 37 on that team last year at home, impressive. And finally he challenged me to golf match which I rightfully accepted and reminded him that he hasn't broke any of my records yet.

I saw some good basketball skill tonight though, with Newsom playing well and Dobbins coming back next week, this team could have promise, would be nice to have Ondera and Borden on that team though, thanks fellas.

Go Ironmen Go Bobcats Go Buckeyes.....Go Bengals? still got hope

Return to “Boys Basketball”