Wellston vs. Ohio Valley Christian

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Wellston vs. Ohio Valley Christian

Post by Run Bubba Run »

Just wondering how this little contest went. Even W fans must be embarrassed that they are playing OVC again.

Isn't this the outfit that played WHS last year and used some 8th grade players to fill out the roster. As I remember, it was a complete debacle.

Anyone have the scoop on last nights game?

@nd_1
Freshman Team

Re: Wellston vs. Ohio Valley Christian

Post by @nd_1 »

Wellston won the game like 73-38 or something like that. And in response to playing OVC, I think it is okay to play an easy team once a season since they are playing a team from Detroit and three teams from Florida.

lil vike supporter
Waterboy

Post by lil vike supporter »

So, all teams from out of state are automatically better than all Ohio teams. They don't have bad teams in Florida? :roll:

This is as bad as that year we played Miracle City. I think Wellston plays OVC every year, though.

@nd_1
Freshman Team

Post by @nd_1 »

That is not at all what I said. Detroit Conservitory (Spelling?) is a very, very good team. The Florida Tournament is also a very prestigous tournament that compares to other top ones in the country. So with saying that, I'd say they can play OVC all they want to.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

i dont understand why wellston is playing ovc... makes abslutely no sense at all

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

they needed a win thats why.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

I am in agreement with all of you. It makes absolutley no sense to play OVC or Miracle City or anybody at that level. If you want to play OVC - than schedule a game against your JV or Freshmen team. I am all in favor of getting some easy wins and confidence boosters to start the season but come on - there are plenty of Div. 4 schools that are terrible around here - play one of them.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

My opinion is OVC needs to fill there schedule also and no disrespect torward Wellston but they have'nt exactly been gang busters the last few years so I see nothing wrong with Wellston scheduling this game.......although I do look for Wellston to get alot better when they get Casey Love playing.Good luck to both teams.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Wellston is a young team and I think this was a good win for their program.

They've got some tough roads ahead of them. I wish them the best of luck and hope things work out well for them.

gorockets2
Riding the Bench

Post by gorockets2 »

Last edited by gorockets2 on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Man Wellston can raise some serious money!

Las Vegas play over the summer and a Flordia trip during the season.

WOW

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

gorockets2 wrote:
Ty Webb wrote:Wellston is a young team and I think this was a good win for their program.

They've got some tough roads ahead of them. I wish them the best of luck and hope things work out well for them.

Ty, I think I speak for most people from Wellston when I say you have did enough.....Please do not wish them luck for hope things work out..

Your opinion is just that regarding Wellston(perhaps the masses disagree)..........and maybe you might be inclined to take an English class and understand that "I have 'done' enough," but you'd be wrong there too.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Yet another VC poster startin a thread about Wellston ,ENOUGH IS ENOUGH . Let these kids play ball and leave them alone. :idea:

Army
S

Post by Army »

Ironman92 wrote:Man Wellston can raise some serious money!

Las Vegas play over the summer and a Flordia trip during the season.

WOW

And what does Jackson offer in SEOAL Basketball? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe we can score more than 104 points this year against the Ironmen.

Good luck Wellston :!:

Army
S

Post by Army »

Ty Webb wrote:
gorockets2 wrote:
Ty Webb wrote:Wellston is a young team and I think this was a good win for their program.

Ty, I think I speak for most people from Wellston when I say you have did enough.....Please do not wish them luck for hope things work out..

Your opinion is just that regarding Wellston(perhaps the masses disagree)..........and maybe you might be inclined to take an English class and understand that "I have 'done' enough," but you'd be wrong there too.

Wellston,

Hopefully they will get to play Chillicothe for a third time this year at the Convo. Then see what Ty Webb and the rest of his VC Crew has to say about why his VIKES once again lost to the Chillicothe CAVS.

BIG TIME :!: :-D

They are not all that.

Good Luck Wellston...tell the Golden Rocket Kids to hang in there.

Return to “Boys Basketball”