Athens @ Gallia Academy 12-13

TroopSports
Freshman Team

Athens @ Gallia Academy 12-13

Post by TroopSports »

This game can be heard on 970 WATH-AM in Athens.

E-mail the broadcasters at sports@970wath.com.

You can listen online by clicking the following link: mms://132.235.236.177/WATH

Game time is set for 8 p.m, with pre-game coverage commencing at 7:45.

Brian Boesch and Caleb Troop will have the call.

Thanks and good luck to both squads this evening!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Athens @ Gallia Academy 12-13

Post by 93Bulldog »

Cool ... thx for the info troop.

Could be an exciting game - Gallia and "Oz" ball want to slow it down, Athens wants to run, run, run.

The Bulldogs, after beating Jackson & Meigs are 2-0 against teams in their sectional (D-II at Wellston) and Gallia would make 3 if Athens can somehow pick up a win. These games are HUGE, the contests Vs. other southeast district D-2 teams. Out of 10 Teams - Four will make it to the convo and the Wellston sectional is no pushover, obtaining a high seed is imparitive.

Athens, Meigs, Vinton County, Marietta, Gallia, Jackson, Warren, New Lex, Sheridan and Fairfield Union will be the (10) teams fighting for one of the four spots.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Score???

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Athens came 11 points down in the second half to win, 60-55. Athens frosh, down 13 points early, came back to win, 54-46. Athens reserves, also down 10 or 12 points early, made a game of it before losing, 62-51.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Sounds like they were all good games to watch.

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Skinner »

Hats off to Coach McNeal and the Bulldogs. Great win on the road.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Coach Skinner - Coach McNeal was booted in the first quarter according to the radio station I was listening to ...

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Bad call by official. Paul was yelling at his players and official thought he was yelling at him. When McNeal tried to explain the Springfield official tossed him. Bum deal.

I feel that call fired up Athens at the time. Gallia was up 15-6.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

WOW.....Athens defeated Gallia Academy at Gallipolis.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

4-ever you got a Box score?

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

What sucks, is that because of some ego maniac official a Coach now has to sit out two games, pay a $100 fine and attend a class in Columubs, all because he was talking to his kids?????

And there is NO recourse on this official? That is WRONG!!!!

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

I agree Pol,

The official should have to go to the meeting and set across from the coach in this meeting. Why do they get a free pass?

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I think Athens is a much better team then some are giving them credit for. Some people were bashing them and calling them "awful" yet here they are at 3-0 with wins over Jackson, Meigs, and Gallia Academy.

The TVC teams better be on the lookout for these Bulldogs!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

4-ever when you start using words like finishing. you are turning pages in that sports encyclopedia. good job..

:mrgreen:

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Pol Pot wrote:What sucks, is that because of some ego maniac official a Coach now has to sit out two games, pay a $100 fine and attend a class in Columubs, all because he was talking to his kids?????

And there is NO recourse on this official? That is WRONG!!!!

Attend a class. Hope it aint anger management class cause they tick me off!!!!!!!!

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

I truly beleive that the technical on coach Paul Mcneal was a bad call, at least the first one but I think he felt so fired up about the first one that he got a little to excited arguing with the ref and got his second. That official in the first half probably made 3 times as many calls as the other two. Still Pauls team hung in there and finished the game strong. gallipolis just could not close but definatley looked better than there first game. All 3 games were close and not decided until late.

Jumpstop
Waterboy

Post by Jumpstop »

Went to this one to watch my old coach. Ashame the ejection had to happen. I was shocked. Have seen coach get technical's and that is not how he gets them.

Great crowd support and as usual, the kids work extremely hard for him. Great respect.

Amazed how quickly the tide turns. People on here say what an idiot someone is one day, and the next how good a job he does. I remember someone saying something that you are the same person when you win or lose. Just that parents/fans dont treat y ou the same.

good luck to Gallia and Athens.

When was the last time Athens beat Gallia at home?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Jumpstart..1993.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Worst part is that the official was really trying to help some of the kids during pregame and even told one Athens player to stick both feet simultaneously on his jump stop or it would be a travel. Coach McNeal's fault would have been not taking the refs advice to sit down when instructed to but the ref should have walked away and allowed one of the others to handle the situation. Soemthing worth mentioning is that the call in question was in Athens' favor so I doubt Coach was doing anything other than trying to get his kids set up for the inbounds play which happened to be at the opposite baseline. Those boys from AHS really rallied after that, kudos. Good luck Dogs as well as my Devils!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

who does mcneal coach :?:

Return to “Boys Basketball”