Riding the Bench

Zanesville Vs. Warren 12/19

Post by Hoopster »

Thoughts on this match-up?

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Re: Zanesville Vs. Warren 12/19

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

Should be a dandy.Aronhalt said at tip off luncheon the starting line up will change for this game.Raheem Foreman will start i take it in place of Harris.I also believe he need's to insert Gibson at pg which hurt us in the 1st game.Will be a physical game but i believe the Devil's take care of the rock better and take a much needed "W"But who know's Good Luck Devil's :aaaaa4

bluedevilpride
Riding the Bench

Post by bluedevilpride »

Unfortunately I was not at the 1st game in Reynoldsburg. I have heard it was hard to watch the 13+ turnovers in the 1st quarter alone. I expect the Blue Devils have had a hard week at practice and are more than ready to get back on the floor at home against Warren Local.
With so much youth in the line up most Blue Devil fans will have to expect some ups and downs with this years team. I think the biggest improvement is needed in Guard play. The most important thing to consider is that these kids all want to get better and they will do just that. Moving people in and out of positions at the guard position isn't going to allow this team to grow or to understand their identity. Give these kids time and they will perform.
My guess with moving Tanner back to the point guard isn't going to happen after 1 game. Obviously somewhere in practice between early season scrimmages and now Coach A and his staff have seen something that warranted the change. I like Tanner at the 2 because he is an offensive threat without having to run the show. Also in a lot of contests I have seen Tanner and Raheem both have a tendency to bounce it a little more than one would like to see. Give these kids a chance to grow and they will prove their worth.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Aronhalt already stated he'll make the switch if he has too and if Gibson can't get it done Mill's will be pg a move he doesnt want .I know there young but 20 plus to's won't get it..

Hoopster
Riding the Bench

Post by Hoopster »

I think the "Obvious" reason Gibson is not at the point is Goins is not on the team. IMO you don't go from having coach A saying Gibson "has a chance to be one of, if not the best pg he's had when it's all said and done" to "he can't get it done or he dribbles to much."

With that being said, you can only go with what you got and I'd assume we can expect the status quo against the Warriors. The youth excuse/(fact) however you want to look at it has already been thrown out the window by the coaching staff, so as fans we should do the same thing. If guys aren't getting it done, you have to except some else to get a shot.

GO BLUE!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Zanesville will get better with time.......it's early for everyone, and even though my Portsmouth Trojans are talented, we have things we need to do to get better........I do feel that ZHS will be in a lot more competitive games in the SEOAL this year, but will still win their share of games.

Of course anybody would like to win all their games, but I would think that Zanesville aims at peaking for tournament time.........winning the league would be nice, but making a long postseason run is very important too.

zbd
Freshman Team

Post by zbd »

You have to play with what you got there are a few players that Zville could use who will be in the stands tonight. Good Luck to the BLUE DEVILS it is tough being young!!!!!

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

zbd wrote:You have to play with what you got there are a few players that Zville could use who will be in the stands tonight. Good Luck to the BLUE DEVILS it is tough being young!!!!!

Who might that be ZBD???

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Warriorfan or another WHS or ZHS poster please get me a reserve score tonight for the SEOAL varsity and reserve standings. Thanks.

OakCity04
Waterboy

Post by OakCity04 »

My Blue Devils will be fine. The turnovers are growing pains and that is to be expected with the youth. We'll peak come tourney time and I expect the guard play to be improved maybe even tonight.

OakCity04
Waterboy

Post by OakCity04 »

Updates?

tropical breeze
Riding the Bench

Post by tropical breeze »

Can someone explain why Goins is not on the team? We watched Z-ville against Reynoldsburg and wonder why he wasn't p;aying this year?

BigBlueinsider
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlueinsider »

i believe the final was 42-47 devils

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Was that 47-42 Zanesville reserves?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Warriorfan...Do you have both the varsity and reserve final scores?

OakCity04
Waterboy

Post by OakCity04 »

Some of the best talent is in the stands which is a sad truth. But it's their decision not to play. That being said I like ouir team and talent we have and what we're rebuilding with.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Ugly game Devil's couldn't buy a bucket.No disrespect but Zanesville should beat Warren by 20.Official's were equally bad 4 both teams.Wish i had had shooting percentage maybe not that bad.....Tropicalbreeze Goin's got in some off season trouble and had a chance to still play but declined end of story....If they play like this tomorrow against Newark well could be a long nite....A win is a win GO BLUE....

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Zanesvegas...Need final scores of both the varsity and reserve games. Thanks.

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

ZvilleBlueDevil wrote:Ugly game Devil's couldn't buy a bucket.No disrespect but Zanesville should beat Warren by 20.Official's were equally bad 4 both teams.Wish i had had shooting percentage maybe not that bad.....Tropicalbreeze Goin's got in some off season trouble and had a chance to still play but declined end of story....If they play like this tomorrow against Newark well could be a long nite....A win is a win GO BLUE....

I think you are disrespecting Warren by saying Zanesville should beat them by 20. Warren's defense was very good tonight. They played physical all game and gave the Blue Devils fits. Warren just didn't have the answer for Pratti, Hoon played great but was just overmatched late in the game when Zanesville went to him in the post. As for the officials you are correct they dictacted the flow of the game. Great game by Warren and Zanesville can't wait for the rematch.

Hoopster
Riding the Bench

Post by Hoopster »

Some Comments:

1. ugly...But A W
2. can't wait to see Shooting %'s & other stats either
3. JC- the comment made was in regards to how the Devils played. Warren played well and maybe at higher/lower level than normal...However the Devils aren't clicking as we except in these parts of SEO
4. Goins is the only player that would have been in the top 8 rotation, however the others made practices much more competitive. I think that had something to do with their decision.

5. 23 for Warren played a hell of a ball game(outplayed everyone on the court).. I thought he was going to will his team to victory.

Devils Travel to the "kitty litter box" tonight...GO Blue!

Return to “Boys Basketball”