Ironton @ Lucasville Valley 12-6

Rekans1
Waterboy

Re: Ironton @ Lucasville Valley 12-6

Post by Rekans1 »

Mr. Basketball
I'm puzzled. How do you think coaching played a roll in the game Saturday night? Let me tell you what i saw. Zane Trace has a nice team who shot lights out from three (over 60%)
and a Valley team that is still rusty after a long football run. Valley would not quit and got back into the game. I would submit that coaching helped kept them in the game. I think that this team likes and respects Coach Rolfe. Can you say that about last year? If i can hazard a guess i would say that you have something on your mind that has to do with you or yours not this team or school. This team is in good hands. If you want to talk x's and o's i'm sure plenty of people on here would be happy to do that.

Ironton will be a tough test tonight. Knowing the competitive nature of this team they will leave it all on the floor. Games like this early on will pay dividends later when conference play begins.

Valley in a close one

cant stop this
All State

Post by cant stop this »

Yes there normally is a broadcast for the games, and i cant recall if anyone regularly does updates, possibly Caglewis she does them for football.

WIROJason
Waterboy

Post by WIROJason »

This game will be on FoxSports 1230-1420 in Ironton (and online at www.foxsports1230.com)

And I believe Roger Gray will have the call on WNXT (99.3) in the Portsmouth area.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Yes, i'll be doing updates - I just posted a separate UPDATES thread.

eaglegrad
Riding the Bench

Post by eaglegrad »

Thats been the problem with the program at Valley the past ten years. Too many people out there worried more about theirs rather than the team or school. Coaches out there have never been given a fair chance to succeed from the get go in my opinion. If people do not get behind coach Rolfe, he will be gone in a few years as well. Problem out there is not and has not necessarily been coaching over the past years. Parents need to be supportive and learn to stay out of it and allow the coaches to do their jobs. Just my opinion.

I am not a fan of the way coach Villinger was treated by some of the people in that district. That being said, coach Rolfe is now the new coach, I support him and hope he has success. I hope others will be supportive of him as well.

Good luck to Coach Rolfe and the Valley Indians!

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

IRONTON 53 - Lucasville Valley 50 - come-from-behind great game!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Look out....this Valley team is about to go on a run!

Congrats tigers

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ironton had a lot of kids back this year and will make a run to the convo at the end of the season IMO. I didn't know if Valley could hang close or not so it looks like they did a pretty good job. How many from the Valley football team play basketball ?

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

lots of slipping and sliding by the home team tonight ....cant figure that out ...but turnovers and missed layups killed us again....not quite sure why "english " has to be put on the ball when all that is really required is to put the ball in the white box on the backboard.....dont try to be spectacular ...just make the shot .....frustrating to watch ....

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

all but one of them played football....one other boy plays JV and moves up to varsity didnt play football either ....Ironton struggled with VAlley's length out front but number 30 and fletcher both have really good touch on their shots ....Valley shoulda coulda won ....good game neither team panicked ...we need to start making 15 footers and layups

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

HItops wrote:all but one of them played football....one other boy plays JV and moves up to varsity didnt play football either
Well, they've definitely got the athletes and most smaller schools still have kids playing multiple sports. I don't think Ironton had many on the basketball team that do that.

Return to “Boys Basketball”