Unioto Shermans

bengalfan76
SE

Unioto Shermans

Post by bengalfan76 »

What is going on with this once Proud program?
Maybe the administration made another mistake like football and hired the wrong guy.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Unioto Shermans

Post by danicalifornia »

I know!
Let's keep firing coaches and/or complaining constantly about them. If you can't win in a year or two, get out and we'll start all over again. :roll:

*Note, this is pure sarcasm, of course

PunkyBrucester
Waterboy

Post by PunkyBrucester »

Just like in football, there isn't a lot of talent at Unioto right now. They only have 3, maybe 4, players that I reckonize to have a lot of varsity expierence. You arent going to have a great start with that little expierence.

Look at the SVC teams they have played and there expierence.
Adena, Westfall, and Zane Trace all have a lot of contributors back. Southeastern was a bad loss, but realistically, that's the only game they "should" have won. I have theories on a flat performance on Saturday that Ill save for a later post.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

:arrow:
Last edited by danicalifornia on Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

They should definatley get a win this week when they visit Jackson.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

danicalifornia wrote:I know!
Let's keep firing coaches and/or complaining constantly about them. If you can't win in a year or two, get out and we'll start all over again. :roll:

*Note, this is pure sarcasm, of course

It is funny you would say this since you are part of the problem. :lol: :lol: :lol:

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

nickle back wrote:They should definatley get a win this week when they visit Jackson.

Want to Bet this team is going 0-20 :122246

On the sidelines
Riding the Bench

Post by On the sidelines »

I have had the chance to see both teams play and I think Jackson will be the first team to get a win.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Game with Jackson was postponed. No makeup date

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

0-7 and kids quiting the program. Looks like the Football program.
I think we may have hired the wrong guy like Football.
Supt picked the Fb coach who picked the basketball coach? :twisted:

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

it takes time to build a program. Be confident in your coaches, have faith in your program.

Grace22
Freshman Team

Post by Grace22 »

Sherman Pride wrote:0-7 and kids quiting the program. Looks like the Football program.
I think we may have hired the wrong guy like Football.
Supt picked the Fb coach who picked the basketball coach? :twisted:

I only know of one that quit the football program.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

I have a question for some of you older Shermans. Does anyone remember the team members from 1974? I remember your center, Greg Alcorn, a very excellent player. Your guards were awesome also. I had a friend on that team, and was just wondering if anyone knows what happened to them.

Thanks in advance, 1974 VC Viking :-D :-D :-D :-D

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

I was very embarrassed in the way the Adult fans treated on of their own players. :oops: Very classless to boo and chant Air ball to a player. :( :(

jockstraps
Waterboy

Post by jockstraps »

too bad about the basketball team. maybe too many football players are now on the basketball team? When you have a point guard that can't get the ball up the floor and most of the time not even over center court, what do you expect?

You also have 3 tall kids in there and one the tallest or close to it in the league, and he gets outrebounded most every night? What is going on? Do these kids not want to win at anything?

What happed to the freshmen and reserve players from last year who could actually handle and dribble the ball? Get a new guard in there who can dribble. And if all your tall guys aren't rebounding, take the ALL out, not just the tallest one.

Looks like dismal times ahead for boys athletics unless some of the athletes come out to play that don't anymore; and/or there is a coaching change (football).

The bb team got rid of there 2 biggest problems from last year, the younger Hoops who coached and Stoneking. Thought they would do better with elder Hoops and Cruse! Where are the basketball players? Why are many not playing this year? Looks like the team could use some help?

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Jockstraps,
You are being pretty harsh bashing a particular player(s). Kids do get on here and read things, be mindful of what you write. Believe it or not, someone had confidence in selecting the particular coach. I am sure they are trying their hardest, give them a chance.

Grace22
Freshman Team

Post by Grace22 »

know your role wrote:Jockstraps,
You are being pretty harsh bashing a particular player(s). Kids do get on here and read things, be mindful of what you write. Believe it or not, someone had confidence in selecting the particular coach. I am sure they are trying their hardest, give them a chance.

know your role.......thats just routine for some.

Return to “Boys Basketball”