SEOPS H

Re: Trimble at Nelsonville 12/26

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Great job Buckeyes!!!!!!

allsport12
Waterboy

Post by allsport12 »

Looks like that state title from the Rutters is in jeopardy. Where are the Rutter faitful today?

thegreat1
Waterboy

Post by thegreat1 »

CATalyst wrote:
Bulldog64 wrote:Enjoyable game to watch. Both teams played extremely hard. N-Y probably found out tonight that they need the freshman at the Varsity level all the time. Just my opinion. Tough decision for Coach, but you have to do what's best for your team. Daniel showed he belonged on the floor.

Yep Daniel is a good player..and he is technically a sophomore...(age wise).. Trimble had the WRONG players on the floor at times and played selfish bball.....three WORDS: PICK and ROLL .....which would have won the game for the CATS..and....with a 5" or so height difference at the POST ....come on....who is coaching this team??.....the loss was due to some seniors running the coach.... just my opinion.....(as well as many of the TRIMBLE faithful)..................
this is a team your talking about there is is no i in team for u to say some seniors lost this game they lost as a team and if u think u can do any better then u should put in for the coaching job

thegreat1
Waterboy

Post by thegreat1 »

keep your heads up cats and get ready for alex

freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Post by freakintheseat »

CATalyst wrote:Trimble simply didn't use their assets.... without adjustments, it will be a looong season for the TOMCATS,,,,the coach needs to get the hint! The entire TVC can see it...why can't he???

Most of the time seniors are called upon to be leaders, and you are bashing them for that?? What exactly do you believe Trimble's "assets" are? (or who?")
This sounds like "little Johnny" not getting the ball and mommy and daddy are mad at the coach.
When you start out saying your team is going to the State before you have your first game, than lose two games within the first 4 weeks of the season, you are going to have a looong season, but don't blame your coach. :roll:

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

the coaching was terrible

TOMCAT DOME
Waterboy

Post by TOMCAT DOME »

There were NO adjustments on the Tomcat sideline. I agree you cant blame the coach, but whenn you have a 6'6'' kid in the post in the TVC and you dont get him the ball, then YES I BLAME THE COACHING. I do not live in Glouster but I do see there games on 15 and really they are not very good.

CATalyst
Freshman Team

Post by CATalyst »

quote]this is a team your talking about there is is no i in team for u to say some seniors lost this game they lost as a team and if u think u can do any better then u should put in for the coaching job[/quote]

They did lose as a team...that part you are correct.

CATalyst
Freshman Team

Post by CATalyst »

Most of the time seniors are called upon to be leaders, and you are bashing them for that?? What exactly do you believe Trimble's "assets" are? (or who?")
This sounds like "little Johnny" not getting the ball and mommy and daddy are mad at the coach.
When you start out saying your team is going to the State before you have your first game, than lose two games within the first 4 weeks of the season, you are going to have a looong season, but don't blame your coach. :roll:[/quote]

Those "sounds" you are hearing should be checked by a professional....you could not be further from the truth. You know enough about bball to know how the game should work. Seniors as well as all team members should be leaders and unselfish. Have you been to a Trimble game? They are 20 + points better than NY. That game should never of been lost........but you are a VC fan...and on here a lot....I am sure you know what the CATS "assets" are.

I never once said our team was goingt to state.....ever.

GO CATS! :aaaaa26

freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Post by freakintheseat »

CATalyst, please learn how to use the quotes, you are making me dizzy.
Your "Trimble faithful" as you called them, were on here for months going on about how Trimble will walk right through the TVC and go on to state. I never said it was you personally. Where are the Trimble faithful now? Lose a few games and start bashing the coach. When you lose, all the blame goes to the coach, who gets credit for the win??
I am not actually a VC fan, I am a COMBS fan. That man can coach, win or lose. I do like the game of basketball, but I do not claim to know more than ANY coach.
And you are right, I know what each "mommy and daddy" thinks Trimbles assets are, they just haven't been proven yet.

wizard of oz.
Riding the Bench

Post by wizard of oz. »

yes the coaching was horrible
is it time for a change in trimble?

the Kool-Aid Man
Freshman Team

Post by the Kool-Aid Man »

I'm a TRUE Trimble Fan and I will be the first to tell you that these guys do not play together. I looks like five kids playing at the park. Park ball mightr even look better than what these guys are doing.

bigsportsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by bigsportsfan »

when the trimble boys were winning they were great. now that they got beat they are horrible come on people show some support to this team they are a great group of kids they play hard.

wizard of oz.
Riding the Bench

Post by wizard of oz. »

no one said the kids were horrible

bigsportsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by bigsportsfan »

they are not very good quote:park ball might even look better quote:

freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Post by freakintheseat »

the Kool-Aid Man wrote:I'm a TRUE Trimble Fan and I will be the first to tell you that these guys do not play together. I looks like five kids playing at the park. Park ball mightr even look better than what these guys are doing.

At least you can say the whole team looks bad, not just the seniors, like CATalyst.

bigsportsfan wrote:when the trimble boys were winning they were great. now that they got beat they are horrible come on people show some support to this team they are a great group of kids they play hard.

Amen. Same with the coach. When they were winning, Coach K is coach of the year, now they want to tar and feather him! JEEZZ!!

CATalyst
Freshman Team

Post by CATalyst »

freakintheseat wrote:CATalyst, please learn how to use the quotes, you are making me dizzy.
Your "Trimble faithful" as you called them, were on here for months going on about how Trimble will walk right through the TVC and go on to state. I never said it was you personally. Where are the Trimble faithful now? Lose a few games and start bashing the coach. When you lose, all the blame goes to the coach, who gets credit for the win??
I am not actually a VC fan, I am a COMBS fan. That man can coach, win or lose. I do like the game of basketball, but I do not claim to know more than ANY coach.
And you are right, I know what each "mommy and daddy" thinks Trimbles assets are, they just haven't been proven yet.

Mr. Freak -

The majority of the Trimble faithful do not post on here; they are moms, dads, grandmas and grandpas and the large community that follows the games. Many of the posters you are referring to are kids and past players that talk TVC crap so early. The credit for wins go to the team and the coach - same for losses. And you are right, coaches shouldn't be bashed, but supported. And my opinion is my opinion....just like yours.

Just remember your post on the VC/Athens game before you call out someone out for an opinion:
Re: ATHENS @ VINTON COUNTY 12/19 Posted: December 17th, 2008, 1:00 pm "If this is true, and Larry is an Athens coach, maybe that is why they are without their head coach right now, arrogance!"
....... Reads like an opinion on a coach to me..... :122246

GO CATS! :aaaaa26

freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Post by freakintheseat »

Cat,
I never said I didn't have an "opinion", I said "I do not claim to know more than any coach."

CATalyst wrote: Trimble had the WRONG players on the floor at times and played selfish bball.....three WORDS: PICK and ROLL .....which would have won the game for the CATS..and....with a 5" or so height difference at the POST ....come on....who is coaching this team??.....the loss was due to some seniors running the coach.... just my opinion.....(as well as many of the TRIMBLE faithful)..................

CATalyst wrote:Trimble simply didn't use their assets.... without adjustments, it will be a looong season for the TOMCATS,,,,the coach needs to get the hint! The entire TVC can see it...why can't he???

You on the other hand, claim to know it ALL!! :122246

By the way, glad to see you took my advice and learned how to use the quote system, it only took you about 5 hours! :razz:

CATalyst
Freshman Team

Post by CATalyst »

Thanks... I am a quick learner! :122249

BUCKS60
Waterboy

Post by BUCKS60 »

BOTH TEAMS PLAYED HARD LETS GIVE THE BUCKEYES SOME CREDIT FOR THE WIN

Return to “Boys Basketball”