Logan Elm at Chillicothe 12/27

bootlegg
Waterboy

Re: Logan Elm at Chillicothe 12/27

Post by bootlegg »

LE is still not gelling. The final score was closer than it should have been. Credit the cavs for making it close at the end. I agree with the comment that LE struggled with the pressure, however they have the athletes to make you pay for applying it. Maybe thats why it wasn't used until desperation time? The Cavs got some calls to go their way in the final minutes to get the final score down to 3. The game was mostly played with LE up around 10 points. It seems from previous posts, the game turned out pretty much as expected. Good luck to the cavs until March.

pdracing23
Riding the Bench

Post by pdracing23 »

I just wanted to post one very big thing i took from this game. It was my first time seeing Brandon Amann play. I have read things on this and other boards questioning how much help he would be to this team and about him having a poor attitude. I left the Hat on Saturday very impressed with him. I didn't notice him talking any trash, he seemed to be a pretty good leader on the floor, and i believe he could of scored whenever he wanted. I was very impressed with this young man and i think he deserves some positive recognition.

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

I really thought my Cavs would get blitzed this game. They hung in till the end . Turner has potiental ,as he can score . Lord knows we need to find someone who can hit an outside shot besides Seth. Best outside shooter we have was sitting in the crowd... Scott North ...as a spectator.... Neither team was too impressive today but it's early . The transfer from TV has a great game ,and can score at will it seems. LE better learn to block out if they are gonna make a deep run.. Good Luck Braves ..I get the feeling we will meet again .. GO CAVS

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Fans like scooter are one of the reasons there were a lot of folks in Ross County and surrounding areas rooting against Chillicothe during their run last year. Win with class.

BTW...I would not be picking on Logan Elm since they have defeated Chillicothe in the football playoffs and basketball this season.

Leading scorers from the game

LE 6-0 - Amann 25, Hauserman 10, Blake 7
CHILLI 1-2 - Dawes 14 and Turner 10

Good luck to both teams. If they meet again for some Basketball 30 at the Convocation Center, both should be much improved at that point.

Blu_n_Whyt
Freshman Team

Post by Blu_n_Whyt »

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Saw the game, and the Cavaliers made a spirited rally to almost pull off the win.......the Braves are a good shooting team from behind the arc, but I felt that Chillicothe did a good job on the glass, but just couldn't finish opportunities. CHS does seem to struggle from outside, but their defense is still very good.......it's what got them back in the game.

Chillicothe is not mediocre.......they are a good team, very good defensively, and if they can find more offense, especially from the perimeter, they could turn out to be a very good team.

Logan Elm will probably do no worse than 16-4, although I am not familiar with the strength of the Mid-State League.......but they have the talent to take it to the regionals this year.......and maybe beyond.

I have a feeling that these 2 teams are going to meet again............

Hoopster
Riding the Bench

Post by Hoopster »

WOW!

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

why is chili's best shooter sitting in the stands?

gobraves90
Waterboy

Post by gobraves90 »

I listened to this one on WBEX. Amazing how this game ended up playing out almost the same way as 10 months ago, despite both teams having very different personnel available to them. The only differences really were that Chilli never took the lead and it was they who couldn't finish at the basket. I was desparately looking for a towel to chew on at the end!

As for the long view, I look for both teams to get better. Chilli gets London (presumably) into the rotation, which will help them, especially if there is a tournament rematch with LE. Both teams have some nasty games upcoming, too. Chilli has Portsmouth and Ironton (Could you imagine what things would be like they were DII as well?). Logan Elm will have its annual barn burnings with Canal Winchester (still tough without Mullens) and Bloom-Carroll (young, but still dangerous). The second game against Teays Valley (away) could be interesting, too.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I'd also throw in trips to the Hammy Dome and Fairfield Union for Logan Elm. They have traditionally had problems at both buildings.

LE and Chillicothe might be good enough to be the two district representatives at the regional right now - in my opinion the district is weaker this season - but I'd say no to each of them advancing past that level at the moment. Fortunately, for both teams there is still a lot of basketball left to be played and both should be improved by the tournament. Logan Elm must do a better job rebounding and playing hard and good ball for 32 minutes. Chillicothe needs to find the hole shooting more and an outside shooter for a changup.

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

sparky wrote:why is chili's best shooter sitting in the stands?

sparky , you have a PM

gobraves90
Waterboy

Post by gobraves90 »

It seems like all of the noise in the Southeast is being made by DIII schools right now. I had to take a long look at the Treehugger list to find some DII school records. McClain not being their normal selves really hurts the DII picture, making it difficult to gage how good teams like Hillsboro (4-1) and Washington CH (4-2) really are. Not much noise from Vinton County either. I did see where Gallia Academy gave Portsmouth a game, but they and Warren probably end up taking a back seat to Chilli-Ironton-Portsmouth in the SEOAL. Athens is 4-2, but they switched leagues I think. LE sure has the "buzz factor" locked up in DII, but that and a dollar won't get you a cup of coffee, let alone a ticket to the Convo.

keeping it real
Waterboy

Post by keeping it real »

i was at the game saturday and could somebody please explain to me why the netter kid is playing jv? you have i know for sure 2 very athletic kids sittin on the bench with netter and young and you don't use them? i don't know much about the new kid named landon but it looks like they could certainly help this cavs team out.
i've seen both those boys play basketball,football and baseball. they are what you call athletes!!! i can't understand the reasoning behind that at all!! its either politics or personal it has to be!!

brutally honest
Varsity

Post by brutally honest »

chilltown wrote:
sparky wrote:why is chili's best shooter sitting in the stands?

sparky , you have a PM

Could you send me the same PM, because I was going to ask the same thing.

chillout
Riding the Bench

Post by chillout »

I would also like to know why Scott North isn't playing?

Return to “Boys Basketball”