Federal Hocking vs Charleston Catholic

Orestes
S

Re: Federal Hocking vs Charleston Catholic

Post by Orestes »

In a situation such as this one where....

- The coach is an enthusiastic guy with a passion for his players and for basketball
- The program is used to winning
- The coach is new to the program
- The team is slow out of the gates and loses some key games
- The coach sees a great deal of potential in the players
- The team seems to lack hustle and effort from time to time
- The coach takes a 40 point beating to a team partially because he benched regulars
- The coach and team is aware that there is a brutal stretch of games ahead
- The coach fears that a total flop during that stretch could lose his team for the season
- The coach has learned that the team they are about to play is a dynasty/powerhouse with many returning
- The coach sees his team come out, bust their tails, and win against a very good team

Just imagine being totally involved in the coaching position, caring about the kids, seeing the potential, losing sleep about trying to correct the problems (my guess), and then to see them knock off a powerhouse.

I can definitely see a coach being thrilled about winning that game. That wouldn't be my outward reaction, but inside I would feel like he seemed to feel. Some people just react differently than others. If I were a parent, I would be glad that my kid's coach cared that much about them as people and their success.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I think that Binary and Clemente need to come to the Fed Hock boys game on Saturday against Wheelersburg and introduce themselves to Coach E and the team, since they feel that the Coach's behavior is "embarrassing" and that all of the Fed Hock supporters are "thin skinned".

Guarantee you I'll be right down there by the bench, an hour before the game, to meet the both of you "moral lighting rods" and pillars of "acceptable behavior".

Come on, put up, or shut up. Show up in Stewart on Saturday night and tell Coach E exactly what you think about his behavior after that win, and then tell him what a joke of a schedule he has played, as you have implied. I look forward to meeting the both of you.

I might not be the only one waiting to meet you, if you geniuses haven't figured that one out.

As for all of the other extranious comments about running to the mods. Shut up and prove it. We (Fed Hock posters), take care of ourselves, and don't run to mommy.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

Steely Dan wrote:I think that Binary and Clemente need to come to the Fed Hock boys game on Saturday against Wheelersburg and introduce themselves to Coach E and the team, since they feel that the Coach's behavior is "embarrassing" and that all of the Fed Hock supporters are "thin skinned".

Guarantee you I'll be right down there by the bench, an hour before the game, to meet the both of you "moral lighting rods" and pillars of "acceptable behavior".

Come on, put up, or shut up. Show up in Stewart on Saturday night and tell Coach E exactly what you think about his behavior after that win, and then tell him what a joke of a schedule he has played, as you have implied. I look forward to meeting the both of you.

I might not be the only one waiting to meet you, if you geniuses haven't figured that one out.

As for all of the other extranious comments about running to the mods. Shut up and prove it. We (Fed Hock posters), take care of ourselves, and don't run to mommy.

WOW!!! You two just got called out, big time. I would advise you guys to show up and tell Coach E, Steely Dan and the rest of the Lancer faithful what you think Saturday night because if everyone on here finds out that you were called out like you were and then didn't show, you will be the biggest laughing stocks on SEOPS and will lose all credibility that you ever had on here. Every poster would then realize that you guys just jump on threads and run your chops because you can hide behind a username. But here is a warning, I know coach very well and if you get the B*LLS to show up for this meeting, be ready to get an earful because E definitely won't back down. GOOD LUCK!!! :122245 :122245 :122245 :lol: :lol: :-D :-D :-D

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Coach E gets excited and celebrates. Not a big deal...

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I think Lancers fans will see what kind of team the Lancers have after the next two games with Wheelersburg and Alexander. They are no West Virginia team or Rock Hill. I would love to see the Wheelersburg game Saturday but Trimble is at Athens and I have to see that one. Good luck to the Lancers this week.

I'm not a big fan of all the animation on the floor by a coach. I don't like it when Coach McNeal does it at Athens games. Coaches should be more under control on the sidelines, but that's just my opinion.

clemente
Waterboy

Post by clemente »

Steely Dan: All I am saying is that Fed Hock won a game at at holiday tournament, which I commend them on, not the State Championship....You act like this behavior is classy and ok??? I would venture to say that some other coaches probably do not appreciate it..

If you would like to take this post out of context (like you did my last post) go right ahead.....But there is a more respectable way to act after winning a basketball game (despite the magnitude of the situation).. You do not have to yell, scream and jump on your assistant coaches to prove that you love your program, kids, and school....

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

So I guess that means you won't show up in Stewart Saturday night and share your feelings face to face with coach and the fans then?? That figures, someone gets on here and talks ignorant, but when they are called out on it, they back down!!! What a joke!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

clemente wrote:But there is a more respectable way to act after winning a basketball game (despite the magnitude of the situation).. You do not have to yell, scream and jump on your assistant coaches to prove that you love your program, kids, and school....

I have never heard of anyone that has said anything negative whenever Jimmy V was running and jumping around looking for people to hug after his big win against Houston. But we all should have known that a poster who has lost all credibility here on SEOPS (because he's scared to let his feelings be known face to face) would actually post something this absurd!!

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

I didn't see where coach E called me out. Did that one get deleted? However, I did see that steely dan called me out, so if he wants to meet up some where one-on-one, for a cup of tea of course, I would be glad to accomodate. I do see that my "thin skinned" comment got to him, thus proving my point. I love it when others prove me correct. :lol:

JayKay
Riding the Bench

Post by JayKay »

Haven't the carhart jacket comments grown old yet? I would think your arms would be truly worn out from beating this dead horse for so long. Or maybe there is nothing good to say about your own school, so you have to spout crap about others? Grow up. This wasn't that humorous the first time and frankly it's just plain boring the hundreth time.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

JayKay wrote:Haven't the carhart jacket comments grown old yet? I would think your arms would be truly worn out from beating this dead horse for so long. Or maybe there is nothing good to say about your own school, so you have to spout crap about others? Grow up. This wasn't that humorous the first time and frankly it's just plain boring the hundreth time.

Did I mention carharts? If I did, I meant it as a compliment. :122246

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

I received an autographed Carharrt lettermans jacket from those fine young student athletes in Stewart a few years back following a TVC title in football. (Didnt check to see if they were the actual champions) They also sent me some deer meat. It was September but I didnt think anything about the meat being taken illegally. Was there some uproar about this event?

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Maybe it was bow season? :lol:

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Coach V won the College National Championship. There is a huge difference.

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

athens78 wrote:Coach V won the College National Championship. There is a huge difference.

You took the words out of my fingers. :122245

Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

The Coach got excited...He should! The show of excitement and emotion was a treat...not an embarassment. The embarassing thing is that some of you feel you have to comment negatively on it.
I hope to see it again. Do you never watch the NBA? The coach that gets excited and gets his team excited is usually the one that wins.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I'm all for Coach E but I haven't seen an NBA coach go nuts after a regular season game. Heck I don't see them goes nuts in Championship games, at least not in public. As I mentioned earlier I'm not a big fan of it just as I'm not with McNeal here in Athens but that's just my opinion.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Just a comment on West Virginia State Championships, There are less than 150 schools in West Virginia and they have three divisions. You are 4-5 times more likely to win a state championship in WV because of that. In Class A in WV there are a total of 51 schools, not all of which necessarily field basketball teams. WV School for the Blind and School for the Deaf make up two of those 51 school. In Ohio, you have to beat out as many or more teams to win a regional than for a West Virginia team to win the state. Making the final four there is equal to winning an Ohio district championship (beat out about 12 teams.)

That said, Charleston Catholic has a good program. And it was a good win for the Lancers.

Foxworthy
Freshman Team

Post by Foxworthy »

I believe that the last time someone (Charleston Catholic) poked fun at the Lancers they got mad and beat them (Charleston Catholic.) This was a highly tauted team that if my memory serves me correct as being referred to as highly talented and motivated players with the best athletic facility in WVa. Two time state small division champs in WVa and runner-up last year (3 consecutive years). So.......after trailing the entire game the Lancer contingent was pretty happy. I suppose you never fell down, got your feet tangled up or did something that you wish you hadn't? We Lancers have slippery backs, sticks and stones break bones but those words...........can never harm us!!

interception
Waterboy

Post by interception »

I have no dog in this fight but I did think it was somewhat inappropriate and showed a lack of maturity to be acting like he did while a young kid was trying to shoot free throws. There is a time and a place and I think it should have been contained until the two teams were off the floor. Great win and every reason to be excited, just not while this young man was at the line, and yes the coach was acting like a crazed Tigger at this point.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I plan on being at the FH vs. Wheelersburg game on Sat. night. Best of luck to the Pirates of Burg.

Return to “Boys Basketball”