TRIMBLE@ATHENS 1/3/09

Gib25
Varsity

Re: TRIMBLE@ATHENS 1/3/09

Post by Gib25 »

Spartan4Life, My schedule says we have to worry about five other teams before we can start thinking about the Spartans. It certainly feels better that people are thinking of us this year instead of just laughing at us. The Bulldogs play hard. They'll win some and lose some, but don't ever question how hard they play or whether they will show up when its time to play.

Spartan4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by Spartan4Life »

Bulldog64 wrote:Spartan4Life, My schedule says we have to worry about five other teams before we can start thinking about the Spartans. It certainly feels better that people are thinking of us this year instead of just laughing at us. The Bulldogs play hard. They'll win some and lose some, but don't ever question how hard they play or whether they will show up when its time to play.

Sorry, but Alexander fans are still laughing at you.

CATalyst
Freshman Team

Post by CATalyst »

freakintheseat wrote:
Larry Dallas wrote:The only way this one is close is if Athens has a bunch of people foul out in the first half, and they play Trimble 5 vs 3 in the 2nd half.

I don't think Trimble could even beat Athens 5 vs 4.

How many players did Athens have on the floor in the second half?? :122246

I must say I am surprised at the out come of this one.....CATylist, where are the stats??? What did the scoring look like for both teams??

LARRY - Stay off the sauce....it is makes your eyes go crossed... :roll:

Sorry Freak, I had to work again this weekend, but should be at the game on Tuesday nite. I see ATHENS64 gave you the stats...they look balanced, which is good. I did catch the game on the tube and the CATS looked more meshed and ran the dogs a bit on the floor. Fouls shots were not falling as good as one would like...but rebounding looked to be improved..... none the less, the CATS came out with the Victory.

Congrats Cats....Keep it up and beat VC!

GO CATS! :aaaaa26

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Easy there Spartan4life. Let the boys do the talking with their actions on the court. Been a lot of crow eaten in this short season, and I prefer to stay away from that delitable dish. :122249

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

SPARTAN, I agree about the eating crow. It seems like there is a couple of posters seem to like that taste. I dont have any problem with fans rooting for their team, even some good natured jabs, but a few seem to get some perverse enjoyment out of going as far as posting rude comments about the kids themselves. I know that on a website like this we will see old school rivalries flair up, but posting attacks on individual players is totally unacceptable. Especially when one considers that they hide behind a false identity on here. MAYBE THEY ARE REALLY JUST COWARDS THAT NEVER AMOUNTED TO ANYTHING IN LIFE.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

Whoah whoah whoah. What do we have here? The Space Cowboy has returned!?!?! It cant... there was only ONE Space Cowboy.

bulldog0909
Freshman Team

Post by bulldog0909 »

idk,i think the dogs will get back into the swing of things and get into the routine of practicing after school everyday and what not,they just didnt look like themselves,Valentour did not have the game hes usually has,but i wouldnt worry about the dogs,they will be just fine :)

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

was someone else on here at one time going by space cow boy? have been visiting this forum for 2 years and until recently only visited instead of chattin

sportfolio
JV Team

Post by sportfolio »

Here is the scoring from the game:
Trimble 73, Athens 61

Trimble 12 20 18 23 — 73

Athens 13 13 12 23 — 61

TRIMBLE (73)

Taylor Russell 3 6-6 12, Joey Reitano 10 5-10 25, Joseph Dunlap 4 1-2 10, Chuck Love 1 0-0 2, Adam Mulford 2 1-2 5, Noah Guthrie 6 3-6 15, Richard Drake 0 0-0 0, Kevin Boudinot 2 0-0 4; TOTALS 28 16-26 73; 3-point goals: 1 (Joseph Dunlap 1)

ATHENS (61)

Colin Pfaff 5 4-6 14, Jimmy Herpy 1 0-0 2, Cori Butcher 2 2-6 6, Anthony Sylvester 2 0-0 4, Frank Valentour 5 2-2 12, Derrick Waters 2 0-1 4, Matt Witten 4 0-0 10, Joey Stanley 3 3-4 9, Joey Germano 0 0-0 0; TOTALS 24 11-19 61; 3-point goals: 2 (Matt Witten 2)

TEAM LEADERS/INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

Field Goals — Trimble n-a; Athens 24-57 (.421), 2-point goals 22-45 (.489), 3-point goals 2-12 (.167); Free throws — Trimble 16-26 (.615), Athens 11-19 (.579); Rebounds — Trimble 36 (Noah Guthrie 19); Athens 36 (20 offensive, 16 defensive) (Colin Pfaff 10); Assists —Trimble 15 (Taylor Russell 5, Joey Reitano 4); Athens 9 (Colin Pfaff 6); Steals — Trimble 10 (Taylor Russell and Joey Reitano 3 apiece); Turnovers — Trimble 17, Athens 25; Team fouls — Trimble 16, Athens 19

JV score — Athens 57, Trimble 46

Coach's wife
Waterboy

Post by Coach's wife »

Now maybe you will all lay off the coach that works harder then any other of you people who knock on him on here. He is a great, honest man that is trying his best. If you want to bash him you should at least have the nerve to do it to his face. It is great to see him prove all you doubters on here wrong. His team has already won more games than any of you gave him a chance to win this season. So if you want to bash him don't do it on here, the radio, or the TV. Just call him or go up to him and tell him what you think. I bet if you do you might see just how caring and honest he really is.

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

I didn't realize that many women posted on this site. Ah well, if he is coaching he better get use to being ripped on. When they lose it is his fault, and when they win it is in spite of him. Thats the way most of the coaches I know get it put to them. Thats just how I see it.

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Oh great another person getting on here grobbleing about how great her hubby, uncle, dad, brother-in-law... is. Like the dog said if he is a coach he will get slammed when he loses. I know I read some of the coaches posts, if you are talking about who I think you are, and he said he was going to win a lot of games. There were others on here saying anything less than 17 wins would be a dissapointment. So don't come on here and say everyone was against him, or think that he didn't bring some of it on himself. Heck even his assisstant coaches are on here bragging themselves up. If they are going to do that then they are going to hear it when they lose some games. Just goes with the territory.

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

koondogger wrote:I hear hannan needs some games, maybe the bulldogs could play them and get a win that way.

Well they are playing them in football so why not basketball? Maybe their coaches wife can get on here and post about how great her husband is too? :122249

Jedi Master
Waterboy

Post by Jedi Master »

Heat he cant take. Out of the kitchen he must go.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Hannan might be too much for Athens in basketball.

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Coach's wife wrote:Now maybe you will all lay off the coach that works harder then any other of you people who knock on him on here. He is a great, honest man that is trying his best. If you want to bash him you should at least have the nerve to do it to his face. It is great to see him prove all you doubters on here wrong. His team has already won more games than any of you gave him a chance to win this season. So if you want to bash him don't do it on here, the radio, or the TV. Just call him or go up to him and tell him what you think. I bet if you do you might see just how caring and honest he really is.

tomcat 15 wrote:
On behalf of Trimble High, I humbly accept this honor. I would like to thanks coachk?koondogger for the opportunity to give him advice at games. Without him, none of this would be possible.

Hey coachK/koondogger, if we win sectionals can I have one of those huntin dogs that eats his own poop?

Can you now see why people get on here and bash these coaches when they don't measure up to their claims Coaches wife?

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

Which wife? Which coach?

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Solomon wrote:Which wife? Which coach?

Good question, but since it is a thread about Trimble and Athens in which Trimble won I think it is fairly clear who it is. But I wont say what I think, with the anonymity rule and all. :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”