Gallia Academy

bighead
All State

Re: Gallia Academy

Post by bighead »

WoW my post is gone ! Sorry just tell it how I see it .
Last edited by bighead on Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

?

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Jmo It still looks to me like the people of GA still wants to control the coaches ! That's was the down fall in the past ! Jmo hope I'm wrong Good luck.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I must be missing something that makes no sense

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

svac83 wrote:I must be missing something that makes no sense
texting has ruined the language.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

went to the foundation game.. Oak hill controlled game from beginning to end. 49-37. Blue devils way to many turnovers. score was 11-0 or 13 to nothing before blue devils got a shot off. Hard to tell much of anything. Blue devils only ran one set play on one possession all night so idea what they will look like at Meigs next week.

this is based on what i saw tonight.
Blue devils best basketball player right now is Peck, he was a monster tonight. He will face very few kids that out power him and think the offense will run through him. He has to not get dumb fouls on defensive end. Had first 8 points for Blue devils tonight.
Mcclellen has really grown and matured since last year. Still needs to see how he handles being pressed. he had a couple of turnovers. played pretty solid had nine points.
These 2 kids need to be on the floor as much as possible the other 7 kids that played tonight can all work in combinations.
I guess the third best player on the floor tonight was loveday. He is a interesting work in progress as a freshman. they really only tried to get ball to him 4 times 2 times they threw it away. once he drew a foul once he scored. If he is going to be a force blue devils must make some shots from outside. I hd him 4 of 6 from floor 2 of 8 from foul line for 10 points. i have him with 8 blocks 2 steals and 2 turnovers. when they play a team like Oak hill i think they should of alternted peck and loveday. it was hard guarding 5 little guys with the 2 big guys on court at once.
Next i guess would be wiseman. He really was just there tonight 3 points a couple of rebounds couple of assists and a couple of turnovers. Blue devils have other options there. Coach needs to tell him when he is in game he needs to take some shots. If not they need to cycle in some other players.
Next i am going to say Call i really think he should be 5th starter he played several minutes tonight. He was as good as any besides the top 3.
if they only start one big then i think thomas should be 5th starter steady kid he is not going to hurt you and pretty good on defense.
I think your 6th man is Cornwell, i love this kid i really do. When he first came up as a freshman i thought he was going to be a very good point guard. I was wrong what he is.. Is a great defender( probably best on team) and a very streaky shooter. But just like tonight the first couple of minutes of a game he is way to over hyped and plays out of control.. Dont think i am talking bad about c. his defense really feeds his offense i think you set him and as soon as first minute rolls off clock you try to get him in game preferably on a defensive possession his offense really feeds off his defense. He is great spot up shooter. When he only scores 3 like tonight and the early turnovers blue devils in trouble. blue devils need him in double digits every night.
Harrison and carter seem like steady roll players. Besides one unadvised shot out of harrison they played well.

My thoughts on tonight are. we cant turn the ball over like we did tonight they had 8 in first quarter and at least 20 for game. We have to shoot better from foul line then 9-20.

What did anyone else think?

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Sounds like the Devils have some work to do, but good to hear they have the potential. It'll be interesting to see the development thoughout the year.

ROLL PEAKE
bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Is a 500 season to much to ask for ?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think .500 would be a good guess. I would not be shocked if they only won 6 or 7. i would not be surprised if they won 13 or 14. If they can cut down on turnovers they will compete in every game. i bet you they had probably 12 or 13 turnovers that weren't even forced they just throw it away. If they can even be a mildly consistency shooting team from outside they will be in almost every game.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

I know if you can't score you can't win ! Just a old saying / but D ,and you got to take care of the ball ! I seen good boy and girl players that played the game at GA ! Hope they get back on track !

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

if they play PECK it will solve a lot of problems but its gallipolis we are talking about lol

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

If the kid is a player play him ! I always said if you did not have the right name ! You had to be twice as good just not better!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

1906 wrote:if they play PECK it will solve a lot of problems but its gallipolis we are talking about lol
Peck will play. He just has to stay out of foul trouble. if he can stay out of foul trouble and they can handle the ball they will be good.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Well one game in the books and if your a blue devils fan I think you would have to be happy... Blue devils still have a lot of things to work on... for example you will not survive a lot of games with 27 tournobers.. and need to improve on 18-30 at foul line thank goodness the last quarter they shot better they were 11-22 with a little over 4 minutes to go.. also you won't survive a lot of those 8 point quarters like the 3rd quarter tonight..

But on bright side.... I thank coach Harrison for treating all kids the same and holding loveday out first quarter for missing practice..you have to really let me the way they played the first quarter without loveday..... nice to watch them press and play full court at the begging of game... nice to see the balanced scoring and nice to not see a lot of players playing out of control... and following a game plan... looking forward to what this season brings

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

"nice to see the balanced scoring and nice to not see a lot of players playing out of control... and following a game plan."

Good news!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:"nice to see the balanced scoring and nice to not see a lot of players playing out of control... and following a game plan."

Good news!
maybe i should proof read before i post.....nice to see balanced scoring, players not playing out of control and following a game plan.

i am sure this following is not exactly right but should be close.
Peck 16 pts
mccelleand 11pts
wiseman 10
loveday 10
cornwell 9
call 9
harrison 3
thomas 2

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Balance. ! Is a good thing !

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

When is Gallia Academy's next game?.......Do they play tonight?

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

HoopsHotHead wrote:When is Gallia Academy's next game?.......Do they play tonight?
Friday (12/9) at home vs Point Pleasant (WV)

Then they begin league play on Tuesday (12/13) vs Chesapeake

http://www.arbiterlive.com/Teams/Schedule/5452592

Post by ma77ox »

I was impressed with the play I seen, I think Peck and Loveday playing both together is the key,

Versus Meigs when they were on the court together is what made the difference:

1st Period:
Loveday benched for missing practice and GA 20, Meigs 18

2nd Period:
Both on court...GA 16, Meigs 7

3rd Period:
Peck on Bench with 4 fouls..GA 8, Meigs 15

4th Period:
Both on court..GA 26, Meigs 13

Game:
With just one on court GA 28, Meigs 33 (pretty even)
With Both on court...GA 42, Meigs 20

Huge difference with both in....Peck makes the difference!!!

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.

Return to “Boys Basketball”