Freshman Team

Meigs warren

Post by dennisdrinksbud »

Josh Winland takes over as warriors roll 99-40. thoughts

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Re: Meigs warren

Post by Schnellfritz »

What I saw tonight was a relentless, punishing defense by Warren, and lights out shooting by every member of the Warren team. The fans were wanting 100 points, but coach Maddox slowed the boys down to try to be respectful of Meigs. I think the teams we will face this year had better not take us lightly. I know it's only one game, but the defensive play really impressed me, and the shots kept falling all night long. I have never seen our defense be this strong, and it continues when the subs come in off the bench, too. Let's go Warriors!!

dennisdrinksbud
Freshman Team

I agree. Meigs was a great team too. Looking at Warrens schedule I see no one that they can't be other than Marietta, who they can't beat.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

Wow...Eagles must have ripped the hearts out of the Mauraders last night.....and the Warriors just barried them tonight not a pretty start for Meigs. Beginning of a long season?

dennisdrinksbud
Freshman Team

Buried, but nice try

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Warren has 5 straight wins over Marietta ...I would say Warren is the favorite until Marietta beats them..

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

warriorfrosh wrote:Warren has 5 straight wins over Marietta ...I would say Warren is the favorite until Marietta beats them..
Yes, that is what I am thinking as well. Keep the bud coming Dennis.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

I think my spelling is the least of the worries of Meigs right now....but thanks for the spell check

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

Great defense, big scoring in the paint, good ball movement all adds up to a big win for the Warriors. 25 assit thats getting everybody involved in the game. Sharing the rock!! This team really plays as a team.
TEAM STATS:
56.1% from the field
56.3% from 3 ball land
16-22 from the foul line, thats 72.7%
8 turnovers

Good first win!!!!

The Warren jvs won big also 66-40

The Warren 9th grade also won today, do not know the score, but I know they won.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Excoach78 ... TEAM??? ... hmmmm I think you and I had a discussion about THIS group towards the end of last season French/Patton/Yabs/Pannell & Co. ... having a consistent 3 point threat in French OPENS up the court for the rest of the TEAM imo ... the Warriors have depth, scoring from all areas of the court ... this might be the year when the Warriors "make the 2-3 minute droughts in scoring" go away ... defense has always been there/scoring in spurts in transition a given as well ... the outside shot? - missing UNTIL now ... looking forward to seeing the Blue in person in the near future ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”