Chillicothe 68 @ Portsmouth 42 Final

ncballers
Waterboy

Re: Chillicothe 68 @ Portsmouth 42 Final

Post by ncballers »

Dave i agree 100% its one game and they will get better,they must run some offense and have movement,box out and play hard for 4qts,and most are very young and will learn ,i have coached for 15yrs and here is what i see-a point guard has to move the ball and get it to the scorers and has to be a willing passer-must get the ball inside and then back out-when break is not there must run offense ,to much standing around- must rebound and do the little things-must listene to coaches and each other-can they do these things no doubt about it they can-5-1 not bad at all,now we must just improve and get better every game -Boys be a team the talent is there-and fans be patient its coming a lot of learning to be done ,its not the end but the begining of something special -you must crawl before you walk,this could be a great learning experience for a young and growing team-go get the next one boys!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

drrabbit wrote:Wheelersburg has three sophomores that start varsity and a fourth who broke his foot right before basketball started and he was one of the better freshmen last year. So they are a little depleted of talent. And they start all sophomores. But it was a good win for Portsmouth. Wheelersburg has plenty of talent left in their sophomore class. But they do miss four of their top five scorers and that shows in their low offensive numbers. That said, I like how their defense seems to be improving overall. They are tough kids who work hard.

Ironton has the best JV team the Pirates have faced so far but they, as usual, have a lot of juniors on the squad-at least for that game. But they have a couple of very talented freshmen and their sophomore #42 was a beast in that game. He really gave a lot of good minutes and his shots were falling.

I was thinking that Gallia Academy had the best JV team that Portsmouth has faced, and it must be really close, I seen where GAHS beat Irontons jv 50 to 49.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

ncballers

great post, Bendolph is youing and will learn as he goes, he is a great player.

knights played the best D on him, he has ever seen I would bet.

satis5
Waterboy

Post by satis5 »

well mabey the portsmouth faithful will quit using the 88 comparisons now

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

at least THEY have the 88 tean to compare :mrgreen:

PATTYCAKES
Freshman Team

Post by PATTYCAKES »

well mabey the portsmouth faithful will quit using the 88 comparisons now

Where do you see that at?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

biggdowgg wrote:
drrabbit wrote:Wheelersburg has three sophomores that start varsity and a fourth who broke his foot right before basketball started and he was one of the better freshmen last year. So they are a little depleted of talent. And they start all sophomores. But it was a good win for Portsmouth. Wheelersburg has plenty of talent left in their sophomore class. But they do miss four of their top five scorers and that shows in their low offensive numbers. That said, I like how their defense seems to be improving overall. They are tough kids who work hard.

Ironton has the best JV team the Pirates have faced so far but they, as usual, have a lot of juniors on the squad-at least for that game. But they have a couple of very talented freshmen and their sophomore #42 was a beast in that game. He really gave a lot of good minutes and his shots were falling.

I was thinking that Gallia Academy had the best JV team that Portsmouth has faced, and it must be really close, I seen where GAHS beat Irontons jv 50 to 49.

Just like Wheelersburg and Portsmouth, Ironton has a couple Sophomores that only play Varsity, and a couple others that have played in a couple JV games and have played quite a bit of Varsity. There's going to be alot of good basketball between Ironton, Portsmouth and Wheelersburg the next few years.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

satis5 wrote:well mabey the portsmouth faithful will quit using the 88 comparisons now

this team doesn't have the lock down D mentality of the better Trojan teams from the 80's , but what is really lacking is experience , togetherness, chemistry. It's like they are searching for an identity. Talent wise they are dang good. hopefully they grow up and find one quick. MD

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

MD wrote
this team doesn't have the lock down D mentality of the better Trojan teams from the 80's , but what is really lacking is experience , togetherness, chemistry. It's like they are searching for an identity. Talent wise they are dang good. hopefully they grow up and find one quick. MD

The good thing about it is we have about 14 more games to get it fixed, and I have enough faith in the coaches that they will get it done!!!

GO TROJANS!!!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

I hope the Trojan faithful stay strong with these young kids. The Trojans will be fine. As I stated earlier, they have to learn how to win the big game. Coach K. does not get the credit he deserves for his team defense. It took the Chilly kids a long time to buy into it, but State title or not, you cannot argue with the results. Chilly is never basically out of a game, because we play D. If the kids make the committment to D, they will get there.

I will still say, with Bendolph still growing (see Chilly 2-3 years ago) and some others, this team will do nothing but get better. I look forward to the rematch up here in Chilly but I would expect a much closer game.

Trojan fans: Keep the faith and continue to root the kids on. As trojandave says, look where you were a few years ago or even last year.

GO CAVS!!! 2008 DII STATE CHAMPS!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I will always be supporting the trojans,

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

biggdowgg wrote:I will always be supporting the trojans,

biggdowgg,

I know you will be there along with the other faithful. Just make sure those fairweather fans stay on the bandwagon. The future is bright for the Trojans and the future might be right now.

Return to “Boys Basketball”