jl724
JV Team

Fairland vs South Point 1/9/09

Post by jl724 »

jl724
JV Team

Re: Fairland vs South Point 1/9/09

Post by jl724 »

i see this game as fairland winning a close or a blowout.
just because they have the most athletic team in the ovc.
hatfield either makes big plays or creates them for other players.
quickest team in the ovc
go dragons.

primetime20
Riding the Bench

Post by primetime20 »

as for this game itll be close...but south point has two other games to play before next friday so they cannot overlook coal grove and huntington st. joe...

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

once again i agree with primetime dont overlook those 2 teams, especially the grove with it being a conference game

but about the fairland game, the last time i saw fairland play they looked awful and out of sync at the convo and were overmatched by logan elm .... if they havent picked up the slack since then i can see south point defending their home court and winning by about 8, but if hatfield & company have gotten it together over the break it will go right down to the wire like last season maybe even ot.

i say south point wins by 4 but this is an early prediction lets see how the point plays early on this week first.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

fairland is going to win this one no doubt.

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

fairland prolly wins with lynd not playing in this game.

but thats why they play the games LETS GO POINT.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Pointers will really miss Drew but seemed to not let it bother them last night. Let's see if they can still pull off the win!

earp
S

Post by earp »

Dragons starting to play much better now,Big win on the road at Tolsia last night gives them more momentum going into a key league game!Just hope we can keep it going,GO GREEN! :mrgreen:

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

hatfield may have strep.
that could make a huge difference in this game unless hes 100%.
he is the best player in the ovc.

O.V.C '11
Riding the Bench

Post by O.V.C '11 »

I think this will be a good close game. After a loss to Coal Grove and a win over Huntington St. Joe, I think the pointers take this one by 6. Cody, Greg, and Ethan will be to tough for the dragons to handle and I think that Drew Lynd will be back tonight after being ejected in the CG game. It will be a close one for sure

GO POINTERS!

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

you have to sit out two games after being ejected, lynd is a no go

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

even if sp had all there players i still dont think they could win.
the dragons are to quick and athletic.

sportsnut mom
Freshman Team

Post by sportsnut mom »

2 hours till game time!! LET'S GO GREEN!!!

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

Fairland over South Point 56-54 in ot

too many turnovers for south point and hatfield absolutely took over in the 4th probably had about 12 of his 19 in the 4th and ot, kids a star no doubt ... kratzenberg once again led all scorers with 25 in one heck of a game

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

good game.
if hatfield would have gotten his shots to fall earlier in the game it wouldnt have even been a game.
but they fell for him when it counted.

he completely dominated the last 4 minutes of the 4th.
if they woulda played the entire game like that they wouldnt of had a problem.

Theguyfromthepoint07
Riding the Bench

Post by Theguyfromthepoint07 »

The dragons did enough to stay in the game hatfield was silent untill the 4th an got some shots to fall, I really don't understand why prater an the taylors aren't in the game together no one will be able to stop them the dominate in the post an on the glass I think if they played together I don't see too many teams keepin it close great game to kratz I'd just like to see you get the ball up the court on the press put in the next meeting If they play again I'm not sure I take the pointers

duke
Riding the Bench

Post by duke »

Talk about keeping the fans in the game throughout...great game. Both sides played with a lot of heart and refused to give up. Fun to watch.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

The dragons started out slow and were down 10 in the 1st period but cut it to 5 at half and were down 3 after 3 qts. Kratzenberg had a great game especially the 1st half. The dragons were just to quick for the pointers. Sp crowd was great all night long.When Chase hit that 3 pointer and was fouled by Fisher to put the pointers up 1 then 2 their crowd exploded. FHS crowd was alright but these kids deserve much better. This was a great team win and I think this is just what this team needed. IMO this team is starting to find itself. We just need to keep getting better and smarter because most good teams improve every week. We have 2 important games this week both at home. I hope our crowd will get behind this team because they will most assuredly need our help Fri when the panthers come to our house. GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

earp
S

Post by earp »

Ya I am really sick of our crowd and their attitude!Why do they even come if they are going to just sit on their hands?? :roll:Like I have always said,Fairland put the "FAIR"in fair weather fans! :(

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

what i dont understand is the fhs student section they get like 30-40 student out to like everygame and they just stand there and dont say a word, if there all going to stand there they need to get into the game. with as many kids as they have show up they could be one of the loudest student section around here.

like ironton at the peake game they had like 10 students there and they were way louder than the 30 or 40 that peake had.... the dragons just have no school spirit.

Return to “Boys Basketball”