Peebles @ North Adams 1/9

boomer633
Varsity

Re: Peebles @ North Adams 1/9

Post by boomer633 »

Hopefully the staff at North Adams will see the wisdom of opening both sets of restrooms tonight.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Boy basketball is important in Adams Co!

A lot of pressure on those teenage boys.

Hopefully the adults will be so after the game has been decided tonight.

Gold.and.Green88
Freshman Team

Post by Gold.and.Green88 »

North Adams 77
Peebles 67

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Congrats on a big win!

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

North Adams with the sweep tonight as well winning the Freshman, JV, and Varsity!

Congrats to the North Adams Devils tonight!

indians10
Riding the Bench

Post by indians10 »

Great game,great crowd,NA got 30 points from there big men inside.Rothwell probably played his best game of the year.Peebles 2for15 from three point land.Inside game was the difference.Unger was great as usual.Congrat to NA,maybe we will get another chance come tourny time.GO INDIANS

hoopin
Freshman Team

Post by hoopin »

dmills wrote:Peebles can and will beat NA friday night. All three games.

?

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

Wow, SHL basketball at it's very best. The fans certainly got their money's worth. The noise was something else. Both teams showed a heck of a lot of heart in this all out battle. Indians 10 hit the nail on the head, the inside game of NA along with shooting 2 for 15 from the 3 point line by Peebles was the difference. Very proud of the Indians, NA had to work their butts off for this victory. Peebles came from 15 down to take the lead.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

very graciously put, junkie (I don't know if "graciously" was a word before, but it is now--I just started it).

indiangirl
Waterboy

Post by indiangirl »

Very proud of those Peebles boys...they showed complete team effort tonight. Sure, some aspects of their game could use improvement (free throws, 3 point shots, anyone?) but no one is perfect. Even superstar Unger missed a few. ;-) It's great to see the kids in red and blue making a community come together. Can't wait for the rest of the season!

stephen3108
Riding the Bench

Post by stephen3108 »

Good win tonight devils. Jimison wasn't hitting and Unger "superstar" played decent. Too bad he didn't choose to take over in the 4th. Showed some unselfishness. But I still wish he would have taken over. No one could handle him when he wanted to score. The bigs are starting to come along as I said earlier in this post. NA still didn't play a good, complete game. If Carter Nehus can play a whole game like he did for about a stretch of 4 minutes twice and dominate the paint, NA will be extremely tough to beat. Good Job Devils. Great effort Indians, especially to Blake, Andrew, and Nate. You brought your team back from 15 down. Fortunately for us you were out of gas by then. Great game!

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Sounds like another great game in the SHL...Good luck to both teams in the rest of your season.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

Pretty much hit it right on stephen. The bigs were definately the difference. That and 2 for 15 from 3 point land. Absolutely not taking anything at all away from the heart the Indians showed but I thought we got away from what brought us back and put us ahead.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Great game. Rothwell and Nehus really stepped up and hopefully Carter's injury isn't bad. Unger had a good game and Coach Young commented on the radio that he was vomiting prior to the game so kudos to the young man for stepping up even when not feeling well.
Peebles showed a ton of heart in coming back in 3rd quarter and if anyone has a better mid range pull up jumper than Blake Justice I haven't seen it. Kid is just so smooth. Peebles played well and brought a great crowd.
Congratulations to all the players from both teams, I think they all did their part to make it an exciting evening of great basketball.

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

So glad Rothwell and Nehus stepped up tonight. I was a little surprised that we gave up the 15 point lead in the third. I knew Peebles would make a run all great teams do. I just was hoping they wouldnt come all the way back like they did. Great job by Peebles those boys have a lot of heart. I think NA is getting close to playing a whole game.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

shl junkie,
what did peebles stop doing that helped them get back into the game? sounds like to me that you should give lawhorn a call and give him some tips. i am sure he would value your help. maybe have him meet you guys at the barber shop.

dmills
Riding the Bench

Post by dmills »

Sparky

That sounds good everyone come to the barber shop and we will talk about the game and get haircuts.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

all buzz cuts.

dmills
Riding the Bench

Post by dmills »

I like doing Mohawk's.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

Sparky, you seem to want to address all your posts to the junkie, what a chip you have on your shoulder my friend, we'll all just try to ignore you and continue to have good basketball conversation which you just don't seem to want to do.
Don't let our barbershop meetings be known, those are supposed to be kept secret!

Return to “Boys Basketball”