Best player in the T.V.C Hocking?

JayKay
Riding the Bench

Re: Best player in the T.V.C Hocking?

Post by JayKay »

Catch One - The guards are the best? Ok, lets see how well your guard does without forwards pulling down rebounds and hitting the boards. This mentality is what's wrong in HS basketball. A team consists of 5 players. The best teams utilize all 5 position. I would never say a certain position was the best. Without your #4 and #5 do you even have a team? Everyone brings something to the table. Guess when your kid is playing guard you overlook the other positions?

Hayman
Waterboy

Post by Hayman »

Saying guards in the TVC are the best is a slap at every post player in the league. And watching those dunks by the posts sure is fun. Not many guards doing that.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I mean since there are so many dunks in the TVC Hocking. Yea a few players can dunk but I havent seen one yet..I think the guards are the best players in the division but without the big guys then the guards wouldnt be so good

Hayman
Waterboy

Post by Hayman »

Then maybe your at the wrong games. Not saying there are alot. But when there is a dunk it sure gets folks on their feet. Ive seen great guards and posts this year. If Catch1 thinks a guard is the best then give us a name. This is about the best player not position.

Chuck Taylor
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Taylor »

classof86 wrote:I dont think there is any way Southern doesnt win the TVC, and if they do then there is no way Harris doesnt win POY

You are OBVIOUSLY out of your freakin mind. Southern will find a way to choke away another title shot. They do it season in and season out. Too much time fightin among themselves and being all pumped up about beating teams like wamaha who shouldnt be on the same floor with them and wouldnt have been within 20 points of us at halftime. Its no wonder I day dream about the glory days of 80 and 82 all the time...

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

you can't expect them to play there best game every game..We will see at the end who is right

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Catch One wrote:I think the gaurds in the TVC are your best players. They are the ones playing the defense, rebounding, making the passes and making the points. There just not 6'5" or better.

I don't want to speak for CatchOne but I think he meant as a whole this year, the TVC has a better crop of guards than post players, thus the MVP is more likely to be a guard. This year almost every team in the Hocking has good guard tandems. They may not be the best ever but they are a solid group this year and not every team in the Hocking has solid post players. Actually, some of the teams have guard sized players playing the post. Fire away but that's just my opinion...

Catch One
Freshman Team

Post by Catch One »

Thanks GW. Yes that is what I was meaning. And yes I think there is a lot of nice post players, but would say a guard will get POY.

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

The Eagles have a host of guard types at most all positions. It would be hard to pick out just one. On a side note, how bout them Steelers? :122245

BleedingPurple&Gold
Waterboy

Post by BleedingPurple&Gold »

Southerns Harris should get POY as of now he has played great in every game. He has great skill and heart for the game to finsh the year in a big way and lock up POY
Go Purple and Gold

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

There hasnt been a solid post player since Wade Connolly was feeding the ball inside to me in 1983-84.

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

Wings Teaford wrote:There hasnt been a solid post player since Wade Connolly was feeding the ball inside to me in 1983-84.

You and Wade sure were a tough inside-outside offense for other teams to handle that's fer sure. Nothin like since at Racine anyway.

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

The Dog wrote:
Wings Teaford wrote:There hasnt been a solid post player since Wade Connolly was feeding the ball inside to me in 1983-84.

You and Wade sure were a tough inside-outside offense for other teams to handle that's fer sure. Nothin like since at Racine anyway.

You are preaching to the QUAR, Dog!

JayKay
Riding the Bench

Post by JayKay »

A guard will get POY? Who?

Purple Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Purple Gold »

Harris from Southern has to be a front runner. Solid player every game.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Purple Gold wrote:Harris from Southern has to be a front runner. Solid player every game.

OK Bryan, we know you think you are pretty good. Quit getting online to toot your own horn.

Purple Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Purple Gold »

I am not Brian I graduated in 89' and can be seen sitting on the baseline at every game cheering the boys on and watching my boys in the band.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

I know who some major college coaches think the best player is and I'll take their opinion over all of yours.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I know your not talking about Cunningham

Cobra
Riding the Bench

Post by Cobra »

classof86 wrote:I know your not talking about Cunningham

haha..I am sure he is....and I hope he is joking! I know for a fact if Cunningham just gets a little pressure applied he will crumble, look what Rawson did to him last year! And this year Southern put it to him!

Return to “Boys Basketball”