Division IV Sectionals at Lucasville Valley

FLAGMANUSA
Waterboy

Re: Division IV Sectionals at Lucasville Valley

Post by FLAGMANUSA »

If Western played Manchester schedule they would prob only be around 2-8 or 3-7. I just think that Manchester is a lot better than everyone gives them credit for...

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

has leesburg and manchester played either one of their two games against each other. the winner will probably be 2 seed with western being the 1 seed. if western has the best record they will probably get number 1 because there are more soc teams voting. leesburg also plays a very tough non league schedule but i wonder how much the voting coaches are influenced by strength of schedule.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

FLAGMANUSA wrote:If Western played Manchester schedule they would prob only be around 2-8 or 3-7. I just think that Manchester is a lot better than everyone gives them credit for...

2-8???Come on.......Give Western a little more credit than that.......As for Manchester and your arguement I guarantee they would not have any better record than Western does with the same schedule.......When do these 2 teams play?Or do they this year?

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Not so sure the best 4 teams arent the SHL schools and Western. The seeding usually gets a little shaky because of the dominance of Soc teams in it. Will be interesting to see how it plays out this year. if Mancester, Fairfield, or Whiteoak played in the Soc conference they would have a lot better record at the end of the season! What I hate is how the SHL teams always seem to have to play each other, they never get to just beat up on the Soc teams.

lionssoccer
Waterboy

Post by lionssoccer »

Fairfield picked up three wins last week, Miami Trace at home and Fayetteville and Washington CH. on the road on back to back nights. They are beginning to play really well.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Is Leesburg Fairfield still running the up tempo game they ran last year I seen them in against New Boston in the sectionals? That team was quick and if I remember right was young.

FLAGMANUSA
Waterboy

Post by FLAGMANUSA »

sparky wrote:has leesburg and manchester played either one of their two games against each other. the winner will probably be 2 seed with western being the 1 seed. if western has the best record they will probably get number 1 because there are more soc teams voting. leesburg also plays a very tough non league schedule but i wonder how much the voting coaches are influenced by strength of schedule.

Yes Sparky, Fairfield and Manchester have played once already. Manchester beat them @ Fairfield. And I agree that the SHL always seems to play each other come tournament time so that they beat each other and then the SOC is guaranteed a couple spots.

BALLER1
Freshman Team

Post by BALLER1 »

Manchester picked up a nice win from a pretty good Eastern Brown team lastnight. They won by 17, I think I read that on another post. They said Quinlan had 39 and a dunk in the game. Manchester is starting to play some good ball and have a nice test this Friday at Whiteoak.

Whiteoak played Peebles close lastnight. The 3 SHL teams are going to be playing pretty good come tourney time. It will be a toss up on who goes where but they all 3 will be dangerous!

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

I would have to say if Manchester is able to win out until the draw they would have to get the 1 seed even if they lose to Peebles again they still won't have any losses in Div. 4 that is pretty good...

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

[quote="jimmy chipwood"] if Mancester, Fairfield, or Whiteoak played in the Soc conference they would have a lot better record at the end of the season!

Careful with this statement. Manchester is pretty good and has real good size and would be a threat in any of the leagues this year. But Fairfield and Whiteoak is questionable. The SOC is awful deep this year. Oak Hill has shown to be beatable, lost to Minford and Valley, but is very strong. Western loses to Valley and both of those teams can play. All four of those teams are very strong and can play with any of the the SHL schools. I have to give the nod IMO of the stongest to North Adams, they are very talented and very well coached.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

i think he is talking about the small division of the soc. if i remember correctly western is the only small school to get to the regionals in the past 10 years or so.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Little Fairfield has beaten D2 Washington Court House and their non-conference schedule will be a factor come tourney time.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

east is 6-3 right now not 5-4

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

I'd say that if those few SHL teams played in the SOC they would have a much bettter record. To say the SOC is deep is....well if you are saying its a solid league, it isn't...at all...I would even say that if Manchester, FF, and W/O was in the SOC it would be one of them 3 who would win it, with Western and Eastern right there with them, but the rest of the league would get left in the dust....Including Clay and Notre Dame, neither of those teams are any good, they only have a good record because the league is so bad....

BALLER1
Freshman Team

Post by BALLER1 »

The small division in the SHL is tough...you have Peebles who is Div. 3 that you have to play twice, Fayetteville who goes towards Cinci for the tourney is always scrappy and plays really hard. Whiteoak is a team that is getting better and has played everyone to a close game. Fairfield and Manchester are both quality teams that returned key players from last years tourney run. You look at Manchester who went to Ironton, Rose Hill, Ky (which most likely was a physical game), played Washington Court House the first game of the year at Zane Trace, North Adams in the Holiday Tourney, and Peebles at Peebles. Manchester beat Clay easily and was subbing 4 and 5 at a time the whole second half.

Big games this week- Friday
Fairfield at Manchester
North Adams at Whiteoak

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Tartanblue............Thanks for the correction. I did have the correct record in my notes..........I just entered it incorrectly. Go Blue!

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

If Manchester beats Fairfield again Friday I think that they should get the number one seed.....

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

Who is everyone going with for there #1 seed?

FLAGMANUSA
Waterboy

Post by FLAGMANUSA »

Well Manchester should [b]IF[b] they beat Fairfield this Friday. And win there next 3 games which is a possibility with a tough game against Peebles @ home though. But even if that happens you never know going into a tournament drawing! Especially where the SHL is out numbered!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

updated

Return to “Boys Basketball”