Waterford at Southern 1-16-09

Prime Time
S

Waterford at Southern 1-16-09

Post by Prime Time »

Waterford 4-0 in league Southern 2-1 I believe.
Southern has no answer for Cunningham.
Waterford 62 Southern 54
Last edited by Prime Time on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cobra
Riding the Bench

Re: Waterford at Southern 1-16-09

Post by Cobra »

I agree, Southern has no answer for Cunningham. The Brauer kid is there best chance but he is too soft.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

I have to go with Southern at home, especially if the 3's are dropping and they get the right officials. ;-)

seopsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by seopsfan »

This game is a toss up....... I have to go with Waterford by a couple. 58-52

Calvin3
Waterboy

Post by Calvin3 »

For all you people that are saying Cunningham can't be stopped. Well thats true since he is 6'11 or something like that and there is NOBODY in the TVC that is even remotely that tall. But one guy cannot beat a team. I'm pretty sure he won't put up 40 against Southern. Just saying!!!!

racinerebel
Riding the Bench

Post by racinerebel »

Bassmaster wrote:I have to go with Southern at home, especially if the 3's are dropping and they get the right officials. ;-)

Didn't see that one coming

I will reluctantly take Waterford to win this one by 10.

Super Fresh
Freshman Team

Post by Super Fresh »

Southern by 12

Cunningham still doesn't impress me, I don't understand what people see, He is tall but thats about it

Purple Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Purple Gold »

Southern in a close one.

Ricky Gemstone
Waterboy

Post by Ricky Gemstone »

This one will be a little closer than it should be since it is at Southern, but I'll take Waterford by 6 on the road to take control in the battle for that elusive hocking title.

BGBSTN
Waterboy

Post by BGBSTN »

I'll take Waterford, but not by much

Waterford-54
Southern-51

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

If it were at Waterford I would pick them because when they take a shot a foul is called if you even look at them wrong. Then on the other end they have to practically take an arm or a leg off to get called for a foul. But since it is at Southern I will take them cause they have the better team. Southern better win at home though cause when you go there you will have a lot of calls to overcome.

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

I'll take southern in a close one. They seem to have the better overall team and it's at home.

BGBSTN
Waterboy

Post by BGBSTN »

Trimble Juvenile, No road team in the TVC is ever gonna get a break from the officials no matter where they go, thats just how it is, so lets not start a debate about that. I have seen it everywhere...even over in old glouster if you can believe it.

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

koondogger wrote:
Trimble Juvenile wrote:If it were at Waterford I would pick them because when they take a shot a foul is called if you even look at them wrong. Then on the other end they have to practically take an arm or a leg off to get called for a foul. But since it is at Southern I will take them cause they have the better team. Southern better win at home though cause when you go there you will have a lot of calls to overcome.

I have seen a lot of things in my time watching Trimble games. Never have I witnessed the level of officials blatantly cheating as I witnessed in our game at WATERFORD! If a Trimble kid breathed wrong on a waterford kid in the paint it was a foul. Like I said Waterfiord is not good enough to create a 17 point swing in the 3rd quarter on their own. Tomcat15 was really on his game helping manage the team and we still couoldnt win. They needed help and they got it from those amish sheep farmers they hired for officials. Its a good thing for Southern that the game is in Racine because their homer officials will definitely give the does the edge in this one. I just cant wait to play the cats again in the comforts of the tomcat dome.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just my thoughts guys!

Now you jest simmer down kdogger. I am the 7th grade girls coach at Waterford and my boy Hezekiah is on the JV team. I officiated that game the other night and I didnt see anything wrong with how the game was called. Its not our fault that your young men came up a little short. I would like to thank the Waterford athletic department for hiring me for all the games in waterford this year. It has been more fun than a barn raisin'....

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Farmer Yoder wrote:
koondogger wrote:
Trimble Juvenile wrote:If it were at Waterford I would pick them because when they take a shot a foul is called if you even look at them wrong. Then on the other end they have to practically take an arm or a leg off to get called for a foul. But since it is at Southern I will take them cause they have the better team. Southern better win at home though cause when you go there you will have a lot of calls to overcome.

I have seen a lot of things in my time watching Trimble games. Never have I witnessed the level of officials blatantly cheating as I witnessed in our game at WATERFORD! If a Trimble kid breathed wrong on a waterford kid in the paint it was a foul. Like I said Waterfiord is not good enough to create a 17 point swing in the 3rd quarter on their own. Tomcat15 was really on his game helping manage the team and we still couoldnt win. They needed help and they got it from those amish sheep farmers they hired for officials. Its a good thing for Southern that the game is in Racine because their homer officials will definitely give the does the edge in this one. I just cant wait to play the cats again in the comforts of the tomcat dome.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just my thoughts guys!

Now you jest simmer down kdogger. I am the 7th grade girls coach at Waterford and my boy Hezekiah is on the JV team. I officiated that game the other night and I didnt see anything wrong with how the game was called. Its not our fault that your young men came up a little short. I would like to thank the Waterford athletic department for hiring me for all the games in waterford this year. It has been more fun than a barn raisin'....

However funny this is, it is probably true unfortunately.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Need a little wHine with that?
Not a TVC fan, But I hear you're all homers when it comes to officials.
Man up and just let the kids play the game.
D. J. & Co by 10+

seopsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by seopsfan »

I didn't know that refs were allowed to shoot the ball for the home team!!!!?!??!?
Why does everyone in the TVC says they get homered by the refs. In all my days of watching basketball, I have only seen a few games that the refs may have changed the out come of the game. Some of them games the home team even lost.

It's very easy to put the blame on the refs for an away loss, but missed shots, lack of rebounding, and not getting up and down the court is the real reasons a team will lose.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Have'nt got to see Waterford this year,but I do know Racine is quick and have some shooters.My prediction all depend on health of Cunningham if he's 100% Waterford may pull this one out on the road.But my gut instinct says Racine 68 Waterford 63.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

seopsfan wrote:I didn't know that refs were allowed to shoot the ball for the home team!!!!?!??!?
Why does everyone in the TVC says they get homered by the refs. In all my days of watching basketball, I have only seen a few games that the refs may have changed the out come of the game. Some of them games the home team even lost.

It's very easy to put the blame on the refs for an away loss, but missed shots, lack of rebounding, and not getting up and down the court is the real reasons a team will lose.

when a foul is called when a player gets anywhere near a shooter on one end of the floor, but the shooters get mugged at the other end with no foul called you bet it can help determine the outcome of the game. yes if we would have made more shots we would have easily won. but when you are getting hammered when you shoot it is harder to make them. and when you are getting called for fouls with no contact made it gets players in foul trouble and on the bench. it also forces you to just let the other team shoot wide open shots cause you are afraid to get called for a foul. toward the end of the game a player slid on the court at least 5 feet with the ball and no travel called. this would have gave us the ball with a chance to win, but they kept the ball. so yes i think the refs cheated, and i have seen this other places not just the tvc either. but it happens a lot at waterford in basketball and football.

BleedingPurple&Gold
Waterboy

Post by BleedingPurple&Gold »

Southern wins by hitting 3's. Harris will get hot at home and the boy's will come back from the loss Sat and play good at South G and play good at home vs Waterford atfer 3 road game.

Southern-71
Waterford-62

Return to “Boys Basketball”