All State

Re: Waterford at Southern 1-16-09

Post by hardfowl »

Live on "The Frog" 92.1 FM

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

And, once again, I'll be a listenin'. You guys do a great job!!!

For Christ's sake, all of you bit*hers and whiners, just stop it, please............

Let's try and show a little bit of class, if we can..........

waterlilly
Waterboy

Post by waterlilly »

Like bassnaster said Southern is a sure win if one of their asst. princials is one of the reffs

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

Trimble Juvenile wrote:
seopsfan wrote:I didn't know that refs were allowed to shoot the ball for the home team!!!!?!??!?
Why does everyone in the TVC says they get homered by the refs. In all my days of watching basketball, I have only seen a few games that the refs may have changed the out come of the game. Some of them games the home team even lost.

It's very easy to put the blame on the refs for an away loss, but missed shots, lack of rebounding, and not getting up and down the court is the real reasons a team will lose.

when a foul is called when a player gets anywhere near a shooter on one end of the floor, but the shooters get mugged at the other end with no foul called you bet it can help determine the outcome of the game. yes if we would have made more shots we would have easily won. but when you are getting hammered when you shoot it is harder to make them. and when you are getting called for fouls with no contact made it gets players in foul trouble and on the bench. it also forces you to just let the other team shoot wide open shots cause you are afraid to get called for a foul. toward the end of the game a player slid on the court at least 5 feet with the ball and no travel called. this would have gave us the ball with a chance to win, but they kept the ball. so yes i think the refs cheated, and i have seen this other places not just the tvc either. but it happens a lot at waterford in basketball and football.

You young whippersnappers just dont get it. We at waterfiord are out to win at all costs. I really didnt think i cheated the tomboys all that bad but wait till me and Scotty Dale Wolfe officiate the game at Southern...

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

Farmer Yoder wrote:
Trimble Juvenile wrote:
seopsfan wrote:I didn't know that refs were allowed to shoot the ball for the home team!!!!?!??!?
Why does everyone in the TVC says they get homered by the refs. In all my days of watching basketball, I have only seen a few games that the refs may have changed the out come of the game. Some of them games the home team even lost.

It's very easy to put the blame on the refs for an away loss, but missed shots, lack of rebounding, and not getting up and down the court is the real reasons a team will lose.

when a foul is called when a player gets anywhere near a shooter on one end of the floor, but the shooters get mugged at the other end with no foul called you bet it can help determine the outcome of the game. yes if we would have made more shots we would have easily won. but when you are getting hammered when you shoot it is harder to make them. and when you are getting called for fouls with no contact made it gets players in foul trouble and on the bench. it also forces you to just let the other team shoot wide open shots cause you are afraid to get called for a foul. toward the end of the game a player slid on the court at least 5 feet with the ball and no travel called. this would have gave us the ball with a chance to win, but they kept the ball. so yes i think the refs cheated, and i have seen this other places not just the tvc either. but it happens a lot at waterford in basketball and football.

You young whippersnappers just dont get it. We at waterfiord are out to win at all costs. I really didnt think i cheated the tomboys all that bad but wait till me and Scotty Dale Wolfe officiate the game at Southern...

oh yea well u should come see the game when waterford plays at trimble. with wil cheatem and his two pals reffing the game it should be much like the game at waterford, but in trimbles favor this time around.

Willy Cheatem
Riding the Bench

Post by Willy Cheatem »

I will confirm that I have been contacted about doing this game. But not to worry since I would never cheat any team. It would tarnish my name to do so. :lol: Just a side note doing the game with me will be my sister, May and my son Reel E. 8)

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

I have seen both teams play this season in there losses to Belpre. Neither team impressed me. But Southern will have no answer for Cunningham, he will do whatever he wants whenever he wants. Waterford by 10

Waterford 58
Southern 48

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

if the officials at southern are anything like the ones waterford gets i will bet cunningham sits in foul trouble most of the game. :122249

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

Back in our day that big boy couldnt have kept up with our Hustlin Tornadoes. The heat in the gym would have him worn out too.

Purple Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Purple Gold »

Maybe you should run for school board.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I dont see why everybody is saying how soft Braur is when Cunningham isnt the strongest person ive ever seen. Cunningham is weak..Southern will run all over Waterford in this game

Cougar Lover
Waterboy

Post by Cougar Lover »

classof86 wrote:I dont see why everybody is saying how soft Braur is when Cunningham isnt the strongest person ive ever seen. Cunningham is weak..Southern will run all over Waterford in this game

Yes weak, soft and hot headed.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

Yeah, i am sure he is receiving D1 offers because he is weak. He has to be doing something right if Minnesota is looking at him. Cunningham will DOMINATE Southern if his guards can get him the ball. I will take Waterford by 10+....even playing 5 on 8 Southern cant stop Cunningham.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

eaglefan1 wrote:Yeah, i am sure he is receiving D1 offers because he is weak. He has to be doing something right if Minnesota is looking at him. Cunningham will DOMINATE Southern if his guards can get him the ball. I will take Waterford by 10+....even playing 5 on 8 Southern cant stop Cunningham.

Minnesota huh???That is kind of hard to believe.......Ohio U.....maybe......Tubby Smith and Minnesota....I very seiously doubt....but I was wrong once.

Michelangelo
Waterboy

Post by Michelangelo »

This would have been an easier pick last week, when Southern was playing good basketball. Southern went to Miller and played terrible, probably shouldn't have one, and a loss to a good Belpre team but another poor effort, only beat South Gallia by 15 granted poor officiating but not an excuse, and beat them by almost 30 the first time, their not looking real dominate right now. I'm still taking Southern in this one. Jeff will have them playing hard, and back to their old form.

Southern-62
Waterford-59

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

It will be about 90 degrees in there, and the officiating will definitely favor the home team. Afterall, they pull the officials out-of-the crowd between the JV and varsity game :lol: :lol:

I'm going to be part of the camp that says Cunningham is collecting splinters in his butt within 4 minutes of the first quarter, whether he fouls anyone or not.

Southern shoots the ball very well at home, H2OFord does not shoot the ball well in beautiful downtown Racine.

Tornadoes win by 8. If they were the "Hustlin' Tornadoes", maybe by 20..........There you go, "The Dog" :122249

Winter Fox
Waterboy

Post by Winter Fox »

I'll take the Cats by 10 in this one.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

and a loss to a good Belpre team but another poor effort

A good 3-6 Belpre team.....yeahhh

Return to “Boys Basketball”