Post by Rebelcat »

Halftime score

South Gallia 34
Southern 33

Cobra
Riding the Bench

Re: Southern vs. South Gallia

Post by Cobra »

i am surprised that the score is this close.

lovin' every minute of it
Riding the Bench

Post by lovin' every minute of it »

Final?

Marshall_Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Marshall_Fan »

Southern won by 15 points I believe,the rebels played a good game against a very good team. Keep working hard rebels!!

BleedingPurple&Gold
Waterboy

Post by BleedingPurple&Gold »

Good job boys
Southern-66
South Gallia-51

Purple Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Purple Gold »

Good jobs guys. Keep it up.

Calvin3
Waterboy

Post by Calvin3 »

Southern had to overcome alot tonight. I don't know if this has ever been heard of but Southern had 11 fouls in the FIRST QUARTER!!!!!!!!!!!! Four players were out pretty much the whole first half because they each had two fouls. One player even had three! Don't know what that says but it was a crazy night if you look at that one particular stat :122246

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

I think both teams had alot of fouls, from what I heard on the radio.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

Calvin3 wrote:Don't know what that says but it was a crazy night if you look at that one particular stat :122246

It says to quit reaching in and hacking when we shoot!!! :122246 :122249 :razz:

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

The game was called tight last night. With the type of defense Southern plays if the game is called tight there is going to be lots of fouls with so many people rotating and trying to steal the ball. I think the fouls pretty much even themselves out though after the second half.

SG played with heart but just could not get the win. we play like that the next two games fellas we will pick up a few nicely needed W's!

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

I think this was a no doubter.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

South Gallia was down by 5 late in the game and started fouling and it ended up around 15. The score was closer than the final. South Gallia is making a huge strive with their young team. Keep working hard and they will be fine like last years team when they took Waterford down to the wire in the sectional finals. Good coaching by Coach Caldwell and Wick in both games. South Gallia is making big strides during the season. Good game by both teams. The game was called tight but Southern does reach alot. Free throw totals at Southern was something like 35-13 in favor of the Tornadoes. I dont think people should make excuses why the game was close. South Gallia played with heart and stayed in it with a very talented team. Good Job by both teams.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

futurebkstar wrote:South Gallia was down by 5 late in the game and started fouling and it ended up around 15. The score was closer than the final. South Gallia is making a huge strive with their young team. Keep working hard and they will be fine like last years team when they took Waterford down to the wire in the sectional finals. Good coaching by Coach Caldwell and Wick in both games. South Gallia is making big strides during the season. Good game by both teams. The game was called tight but Southern does reach alot. Free throw totals at Southern was something like 35-13 in favor of the Tornadoes. I dont think people should make excuses why the game was close. South Gallia played with heart and stayed in it with a very talented team. Good Job by both teams.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

guyan gangsta
Waterboy

Post by guyan gangsta »

Southern has always had a reputation of uneven calls at home and if you look at that stat every night is a crazy night in Racine.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

This game was at South Gallia.

s&w 7
Riding the Bench

Post by s&w 7 »

The game is over and just like every other highschool game we have people mouth about fouls. Use facts. 11 fouls in the first quarter is beyond riduclus no matter who is playing where. Ever team gets calls at home thats why they play home games. So just let it go unless you use facts. Southern won both games this year so that proves who is better. Both teams need to forget this game and move on to the next oponents. Southern has a HUGE game friday!

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

I totally agree with you on Southern has the better team. I just hate it when a team loses by 29 points and improves a great deal through the season and then has a pretty close game until the end and someone says its because of the fouls. Just maybe the fouls did happen. Give South Gallia some credit. this young team has made huge strides throughout the season and will continue to get better. Good job by both teams. Good Luck on Friday!!!!

s&w 7
Riding the Bench

Post by s&w 7 »

I meant no disrespect to south gallia. You guys have improved alot. Plus you guys have some strong young players that will help you the next couple years. Good luck to you guys with the rest of your season!

U know?
Riding the Bench

Post by U know? »

I heard that SG did look very improved! That's great! I also heard that one of the SG players hit a half court buzzer beater. Is that true? If so, who was it? Good luck tonight, boys!Beat the flyers!

BOO YAH
Freshman Team

Post by BOO YAH »

People will always complain about fouls. But when they look at totals, I wonder if they are even considering how many of these fouls occured near the end of the game. Same goes for the foul shots. I'm talking about all games in general.

Return to “Boys Basketball”